PDA

View Full Version : Website for Long Stay Condo Reviews?

BonanzaS35
August 2nd, 2012, 11:27
Is there a main web site that offers unbiased, or at least fair, reviews of the Pattaya and BKK condo properties with long term rental offerings? Much like Trip Adviser does for hotel, resorts, etc.

I have seen a few comments about properties scattered around the web, but no popular clearinghouse for this information. Seems like it would be very useful.

Thx

ceejay
August 2nd, 2012, 14:46
I've looked for a website like that and not found it, although a lot of places, mostly the ones that also do short term lets, have reviews on Trip Advisor. I've decided that, for an upcoming stay of five months (in Chiang Mai in my case) I am going to book into a guest house first, then go round a list of places I have made and check them out myself. I think that'll be for the best. You have to sign up to a contract for most long stay places and pay a substantial deposit. If you don't like the place and leave early you're likely to lose the deposit so I think it makes sense to check for myself before committing.

pong
August 2nd, 2012, 18:18
there does not seem to be.
What is there-and for places where lots of farang tend to stay for longer periods (probably Pattaya, Chiang Mai), most are a bit separated to nationality. Thus the various local language sites on TH (there ARE 1000s of them, at least 20+ in german only) often have snippets of this info, but I have never seen a generalised one. Plus that many condo's have all types of rooms/aprtmts-thetre not Holiday Inn with all the same everywhere. Makes sense-you probabbly also would not want to stay longtime only between the Japanese or Koreans?
PSD-TA is also very much a nation-thing, some countries you see never on them, probably also as they have (better-not cheated on so much) own boards. On the regular traveller fora of TA on TH (easily with by far the most Qs posted) its 98% Australian- and awful parrotting.