PDA

View Full Version : Team GB

July 30th, 2012, 15:14
So far....GB...has 2 medals..silver for womens cycling and bronz for womens swimming

Neal
July 30th, 2012, 15:32
Are those the only two that have been given out or are you going to only report on GB? :dontknow:

July 30th, 2012, 15:42
No..many given out allready...China lead with 12

July 30th, 2012, 16:42
As the OP has chosen to title his topic "Team GB" I don't think he is obligated to report on the medal tally for Burkina Faso or anywhere else. Others will drag it off topic soon enough -oops they already have.

:evil4:

Oliver
July 30th, 2012, 17:42
But we won the gold for best opening ceremony ever- celebrating our community, our National Health Service, protest movements like CND, the Jarrow hunger marchers and the Suffragettes... and multi-ethnic Britain.
And the young black guy in the facebook/romance scene was so cute!

Bugger the medals.

Narakmak
July 30th, 2012, 17:50
But we won the gold for best opening ceremony ever- celebrating our community, our National Health Service, protest movements like CND, the Jarrow hunger marchers and the Suffragettes... and multi-ethnic Britain.

Bugger the medals.
Surprised you didn't mention how pleased you were that a moment of silence wasn't observed for the 40 year anniversary of mass murder of Israeli athletes by Palestinian terrorists at the Munich Olympics (BTW, I was there in Munich).

BTW, the lame excuse for not taking the one minute turned out to be a total crock. OK, this decision was made by the Olympic officials, not the London show producers.

ItтАЩs now clear that Rogge wasnтАЩt telling the whole truth. ItтАЩs not that the opening ceremony wasnтАЩt fit to remember tragedies. ItтАЩs that the IOC wanted to pick and choose which tragedies to remember. The fallen from world wars and the deceased relatives of people with opening ceremony tickets made the cut. The victims of a terrorist attack that occurred at the Olympics four decades ago did not.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/five_ring_ci ... 1972_.html (http://www.slate.com/blogs/five_ring_circus/2012/07/27/opening_ceremony_moment_of_silence_there_were_two_ pauses_for_reflection_on_friday_night_neither_was_ for_the_israeli_athletes_murdered_in_1972_.html)

I did love the other stuff. Especially the tributes to national health and labor unions. Hilarious with Romney in London, the American enemy of health care access for Americans and American labor unions.

July 30th, 2012, 18:35

Bugger the medals.

The opening ceremony was a celebration of ENGLAND, not Great Britain.

We had 4 hours of "England's green and pleasant land" including people mincing round maypoles, and 1 minute 30 seconds in total of Scottish, Welsh, and N Irish content where schoolkids sang mawkish songs for 30 seconds each. On the same theme we were "treated" to the so-called National Anthem - a dirge which contains the words 'Rebellious Scots to crush" and expected to join in!

I'm not saying it wasn't impressive as a spectacle - but don't try to pass it off as a celebration of anything other than Englishness.

PS: There is no such thing as "our National Health Service" - there are infact 4 discrete and automomous Health Services within these islands.

If you really want to know what many Scots think - http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/in-brief/5470-controversy-as-team-gb-scots-refuse-to-sing-god-save-the-queen

Oliver
July 30th, 2012, 20:37
A fair point...though it is the London Olympics. If Glasgow were to be awarded the next one, I'm not sure how much of a look-in we'd get.
Nevertheless, I have sympathy.
The NHS point is a little sententious; as far as the rest of the world is concerned, "we" have an NHS and "we" established it across the UK in the years of poverty following WW2, against all the odds. And it is envied by most. Apart from the Tea Party, naturally.

July 30th, 2012, 21:15
A fair point...though it is the London Olympics.

Yes it is the London Olympics - but financed by funds raised throughout the UK, e.g. the National Lottery.

I don't have a problem with it being a London event or even an English event - I have a problem with the spin that somehow all these sporting facilities being built in London will benefit the rest of the UK, when the reality is that funding is being withdrawn from regional sports facilities to finance a London jamboree. If London wants 99.9% of the facilities and prestige, let it fund 99.9% of the cost.

Compare the UK wide funding of these London Games with the Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow in 2014 for which there will be not one penny of UK wide funding, the entire cost of which is having to be underwritten by the Scottish Government and Glasgow City Council - and you wonder if you will get "a look-in"? :sign5:

The point I'm making about the NHS is that it is paraded as a single unified entity when it is not.
I guarantee that the vast majority of SGF members would not know that there are in fact 4 discrete Health Services in the UK all with their own funds, programs and priorities. Sure it's not a big major point but it illustrates the spin that is put on such matters by people who think England and Great Britain is the same thing.

lexusgs
July 30th, 2012, 22:54
Ok I will bite. Scottish you are beginning to sound a bit of a bore with all this Scottish 'oh woe is me crap'. Seriously mate who do you think subsidises the current folly that is the Scottish Parliament etc etc. The Commonwealth games in 2014 is already being funded by a mix of public/private money. No doubt it will go over budget and have to be bailed out by the UK govt. Just like the SCOTTISH Banks in 2008. Honestly mate and PLEASE don't take this personally but the way some Scottish people whinge and moan about England or London or the rest of the UK I just wish they would hurry up and have the referendum right now so you can all fuck off :laughing3:

Its a fact that Scotland could never survive as an independent nation. What it would gain in Oil or Gas revenues it would lose in all the subsidies it gains from London right now. It could n't afford it's own armed forces and would never be allowed to join the Euro. Who do you think bailed out the Scottish banks in 2008?? RBS and HBOS are both basket cases. RBS alone has debt 13 times that of Scotland's entire GDP. Scotland would be bankrupt without the help it receives from the UK gov't. End of. Don't take my word for it. Just take a look here:

http://www.economist.com/node/21552564

July 31st, 2012, 00:06
Tom Daley and his partner missed out on the medals and finished 4th in the mens diving

But he still has other diving events to try and get a medal

Narakmak
July 31st, 2012, 00:12
Tom Daley and his partner missed out on the medals and finished 4th in the mens diving

But he still has other diving events to try and get a medalHis partner? :sign12: That is a reward in itself!

July 31st, 2012, 01:25
..Its a fact that Scotland could never survive as an independent nation...bluster, bluster... all the subsidies it gains from London right now..bluster, bluster..could n't afford it's own armed forces...bluster,bluster...would never be allowed to join the Euro...bluster, bluster.. Who do you think bailed out the Scottish banks in 2008?? ...bluster,bluster..Scotland would be bankrupt...bluster, bluster...Don't take my word for it. Just take a look here:

Oh I don't take your word for it - and neither do I take seriously the patronising, metropolitan claptrap in the Economist - which published a map entitled "Skintland".

Now you see, and don't take this personally mate, but your RBS argument is just based on ignorance.
Scottish GDP in 2008 was an estimated ┬г145 billion.
The cost to the UK of the RBS / HBOS bail out in 2008 was ┬г88 billion.
However the actual Scottish share on a per capita basis was ┬г8.8 billion, and on the debt accrued by the Scottish registered banks which would have been an independent Scotland's liability is estimated at ┬г2.4 billion.

Because there is one little detail you have totally forgotten (or more likely never knew)- as Andrew Hughes Hallett, Professor of Economics at St AndrewтАЩs University, put it:

"The real point here, and this is the real point, is by international convention, when banks which operate in more than one country get into these sorts of conditions, the bailout is shared in proportion to the area of activities of those banks, and therefore itтАЩs shared between several countries. In the case of the RBS, IтАЩm not sure of the exact numbers, but roughly speaking 90% of its operations are in England and 10% are in Scotland, the result being, by that convention, therefore, that the rest of the UK would have to carry 90% of the liabilities of the RBS and Scotland 10%. And the precedent for this, if you want to go into the details, are the Fortis Bank and the Dexia Bank, which are two banks which were shared between France, Belgium and the Netherlands, at the same time were bailed out in proportion by France, Belgium and the Netherlands."

So you see, mate, the RBS bailout would have required to have been financed by the rest of the UK to the tune of 90% in any event (and proportionately in other EU states in which RBS traded), so your argument that Scotland would have had to bail out the entire RBS/HBOS operations is just plain wrong. Plus you conveniently forget that all the years RBS/HBOS was making huge profits, the taxation revenue positively flowed into the UK treasury, so why shouldn't they accept the hit?

Let me move on to the "subsidies from London" :

A recent study by the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) think tank, based on official tax and spending figures, concludes that Scotland's North Sea oil and gas revenues, with other taxes, means it gets no net subsidy from the rest of the UK. Or, if you don't believe those figures, why don't you look at the UK Govt GERS figures which show that far from the rest of the UK subsidising Scotland, it's often the other way round.

Next, let's look at/destroy your "Armed Forces" argument -

Well, maybe we wouldn't be able wage illegal wars in Iraq or invade Afghanistan and sacrifice hundreds of our own young men and slaughter hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghanistani women and children - but I think we can do without that kind of thing don't you? If we were to believe people like lexusgs, after independence the Scottish defence capability would consist of a freefone number and a recorded message saying "We surrender" in six languages.
The difference would be that an independent Scotland would only require a defence capacity, Westminster requires an attack capacity.
Scotland's notional share of Westminster's Department of Offence spending amounts to around ┬г3.5 billion annually. Less than ┬г2 billion of that is actually spent in Scotland. Even if we were to maintain defence spending exactly as it is now, we'd still have an extra ┬г1.5 billion to play with. The savings we'd make by no longer coughing up for Westminster's pretensions to Great Power status would alone pay for investment in Scottish jobs and industry which would more than compensate for any loss of defence sector jobs.
And don't forget you'll be getting your nukes back as well - once the Olympic Games Cttee are finished using Eton Dorney you could maybe house them there? Too close to home? I f***ing bet it is.

Now to your most ludicrous assertion yet - that "Scotland would never be allowed to join the Euro" - WFT?

Are you living in a bubble?
Who the hell wants to join the Euro these days?
But hang on a minute - I thought the Unionist position was that Scotland would be kicked out of the EU anyway (there is no such provision of course, but they don't let that little detail bother them) - so where does "joining the Euro" come into it?

The currency position post-independence is clear - the pound sterling will remain the currency of an independent Scotland until the Scottish people decide otherwise. The pound is our national currency just as much as it's the currency of the rest of the UK, and Scotland owns a proportional share of the central bank, the Bank of England, which underwrites that currency. As an independent state, Scotland would have just under 10% of a stake in the Bank of England, and 10% of influence. 10% of influence is 100% more than the influence we have just now. The pound sterling is a fully convertable currency, Scotland cannot be prevented from using it, in the same way as Ireland kept the ┬г from 1921 until it got its own Saorst├бt pound in 1928, then the Irish Punt in 1938, all of which was pegged to Sterling until it joined the Euro in 2002.

Don't believe me?
Well, "Don't take my word for it" as you said - let's take a look at what the UK Prime Minister has said on this issue:

"Of course it is possible that Scotland can stand alone - that is true....I don't think we'd ever succeed in saving the Union by frightening Scots to say you couldn't possibly make it on your own."

So, if in the future you wish to debate any political or economic issues with me, mate, I suggest you get your facts right before opening your cakehole.

And here's a final though to keep us on topic - when you watched that Olympic parade of 200+ nations, did you think about how many of them used to be ruled by Mother England?
Exactly how many of them have regretted breaking free and have begged to come back into her suffocating bosom.
Why do you think the Americans, Australians, Canadians and many, many, more all celebrate their independence day?

Have a nice day.

:occasion9:

July 31st, 2012, 01:56
Fantastic !....GB mens team...get bronz in the gymnsastics !..best they've ever done in thier history..crowds going beserk!
:party

July 31st, 2012, 03:18
Apparently they got Silver before the Japanese complained, won an appeal, and were promoted form 4th to 2nd.

As Basil Fawlty said "Who won the bloody war anyway?"

:evil4:

Neal
July 31st, 2012, 05:06
I don't know I only read the news and thought that was fucked up.

Marsilius
July 31st, 2012, 11:29
No, the judges spent a lot of time looking at video evidence of the Japanese gymnast's performance, realised that they had made a mistake, awarded him extra points and then revised the medals table. It was a fair process, as conceded by Team GB. The real losers were the Ukrainians, demoted from third to fourth place and hence losing any sort of medal.

lexusgs
July 31st, 2012, 12:35
..Its a fact that Scotland could never survive as an independent nation...bluster, bluster... all the subsidies it gains from London right now..bluster, bluster..could n't afford it's own armed forces...bluster,bluster...would never be allowed to join the Euro...bluster, bluster.. Who do you think bailed out the Scottish banks in 2008?? ...bluster,bluster..Scotland would be bankrupt...bluster, bluster...Don't take my word for it. Just take a look here:

Oh I don't take your word for it - and neither do I take seriously the patronising, metropolitan claptrap in the Economist - which published a map entitled "Skintland".

Wow MATE,

That must have taken you all night to formulate a reply. Sorry but I got bored by your second paragraph. I stand my my opinion. You can put whatever spin you wish to to make it look
favourable from your own point of view. The bottom line MATE is that Scotland would end up as just another Greece or some similar. Personally as I have already mentioned I hope Scotland
does break away. You are absolute proof of the type who moans on and on about independence at every opportunity. It's boring. Give it a rest man. (I mean mate :bounce:)

You have a nice day now :hello2:

fountainhall
July 31st, 2012, 13:12
I haven't read all the posts because I don't have much interest. But I have only seen one reference to one important thing - OIL! The oil that Britain has been benefitting from since the early 1970s lies off the coast of Scotland - not England, Wales or Northern Ireland. Without the revenues from the offshore oil and the employment generated - and taxes paid - by all the ancillary onshore service companies, the UK's economy would have collapsed decades ago without massive cuts in expenditure.

Most of the big oil fields lie offshore north of a Berwick-on-Tweed border while an enormous new area of hydrocarbon production is being developed west of the Shetland Islands. The southern North Sea тАУ off East Anglia - is still a significant area for gas production but nothing like what lies north of there.

London holds political control of the tax levels currently but the civil servants that work on North Sea regulatory affairs are based in Aberdeen. An independent Scotland therefore would have most of the brain power in place while all the big oil companies use Aberdeen as an industrial centre for their offshore operations too.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/real ... ndependent (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/reality-check-with-polly-curtis/2012/mar/02/oil-revenues-if-scotland-became-independent)

As for the gymnastics last night, the British team were amazing, given that the sport has only recently become popular - and it was competing against the giants of China and Japan. World Champion Kohei Uchimura was almost unbelievable, until his last surprising dismount from the pommel horse. I thought the whole event was riveting and cannot wait for the individual disciplines later in the week.

July 31st, 2012, 14:10
That must have taken you all night to formulate a reply.... I stand my my opinion....The bottom line MATE is that Scotland would end up as just another Greece ....

Lexugs you must be even thicker than I thought - a simple look at the timestamps will tell you how long it took me to formulate my reply.
It's not difficult or time consuming to argue with you, the figures quoted are not mine, they are official figures and official quotes.
All we have had from you is assertion, bluster, and insult.

Your tactic (and the tactic of the British state) is the trademark of the abuser and the bully - "you are too small, too poor, and too stupid to stand on your own two feet, so you better do as I tell you"

Even now, while you rant and rave about how Scotland would be an economic basket-case, your own Prime Minister, the Etonian toff, concedes otherwise - and he is the guy with the figures, rather than the guy (you) with the bluff and bluster.

Fountainhall's post is on the button - this is a large part of why the British state is shitting itself big time and deploying all the tactics and resources available to it. If Scotland goes, the overwhelming majority of Oil and Gas revenues go (by international law - there is no argument about it), and the UK's much vaunted AAA credit rating goes with them.

The British state has deliberately lied about the Oil for over forty years - a scandal that, thanks to the burying of evidence, almost nobody knew or cared about.
As Lexusgs says "dont take my word for it"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/how-black-gold-was-hijacked-north-sea-oil-and-the-betrayal-of-scotland-518697.html

:hello2:

July 31st, 2012, 16:29
While the rest of you have a civil war ....i started this post to talk and report Team GB ..

Anyway...The womens gymnastics team , one of the girls is from Droylesdon in Manchester which is not far from me
They have a chance for medals so good luck to them :party

lexusgs
July 31st, 2012, 16:41
Dear me Scottish, you really do get yourself easily stressed out don't you mate. I rarely comment on the forum about other posters ramblings. Yours I'm afraid are just a bore when it comes
to Scotland and its independence. WTF are you talking about when you state MY PM? That just says it all with you. Stop living in the past with regard to North Sea Oil man. Whatever was there
is nearly gone. It's done. Move on man. I'm happy that Fountainhall has some agreement with your views. He's a guy a have respect for given his informative and interesting posts. :bounce:
My point is just banging on and on about how unfair it is to Scotland being part of the UK is just plain boring. Just my opinion. I'm entitled to it. :hello2:

Now you have a good day now in sunny Glasgow while I finish my beer here on the beach :party

lexusgs
July 31st, 2012, 16:43
While the rest of you have a civil war ....i started this post to talk and report Team GB ..

Anyway...The womens gymnastics team , one of the girls is from Droylesdon in Manchester which is not far from me
They have a chance for medals so good luck to them :party

Fair point BlueChris, I do apologise.

Got to say it's slightly dissapointing though so far with the Team GB medal tally.

July 31st, 2012, 18:47
..Stop living in the past with regard to North Sea Oil man. Whatever was there is nearly gone.

Again, ignorance - most available estimates claim that the remaining worth of known oil deposits runs into the trillions of dollars. That little lot shared among a population of just over 5 million instead of just under 60 million, will do us nicely.

...Now you have a good day now in sunny Glasgow while I finish my beer here on the beach :party

I wish you a good day on the beach, when I'm a raddled old pensioner queen (a glorious condition to which I aspire), I hope to be able to do likewise.

:occasion9:

PS - A Silver in the showjumping or whatever the fuck it is - people on horses anyway.

July 31st, 2012, 19:30
GB win silver in the Equestrian team event

I think the media pundits..put the jinx on some of our athleetes saying their going to win before they've done it

they do the same with the England football team and then when they've hyped them up ..wonder why, when they dont perform

fountainhall
August 1st, 2012, 00:29
Stop living in the past with regard to North Sea Oil man. Whatever was there is nearly gone. It's done.
I assume this is a little joke, for I'm sorry lexusgs, that's not what the oil industry says.

To try and lay this canard to rest, I have tried to get a handle on ScotlandтАЩs oil output, its annual contribution to the UK exchequer (seemingly totaling at present between ┬г15 - ┬г19 billion), the amount of oil in at present undrilled offshore fields and the costs required to develop those fields. Unfortunately, the political debate very much clouds the issue. Those in parliament in Westminster play down reserves and future revenues; those in parliament in Edinburgh offer a much rosier picture. The fact that the industry presently employs 440,000 in high paid jobs in the UK (mostly in Scotland) is rarely mentioned, and this is clearly very significant given the existing employment climate around Europe.

One impediment to further production was the UK governmentтАЩs decision in the March 2011 budget to increase the tax on oil produced to 81%. (The oil industry presently contributes about 20% of all revenues accruing to the UK government). The industry itself seems to suggest that if the tax were reduced, there would be greater incentive to develop what are now marginal fields. With investment of ┬г8 billion per year over 5 years, the industry reckons there are 24 billion known barrels of energy (split between 2/3rds oil and 1/3rd natural gas) available to be tapped. With Brent Crude now around US$100 per barrel, that ┬г40 billion investment could return ┬г1,600 billion from the oil alone тАУ without any estimate for the natural gas! More than 85% of those reserves lie in Scottish waters.

These are the oil industryтАЩs own figures from its 2011 Report (58 pages if anyone wants to go through it :mad: ). Even allowing for some exaggeration and a reduction in oil price (and assuming I have extracted the correct information), the value of the oil under the Scottish part of the North Sea is still massive.

http://www.oilandgasuk.co.uk/cmsfiles/m ... /EC026.pdf (http://www.oilandgasuk.co.uk/cmsfiles/modules/publications/pdfs/EC026.pdf)

Now i have to catch up on the Olympic news. Can't wait for the individual gymnastics events and those cute Chinese and Japanese competitors with their gorgeous bodies :wav:

Neal
August 1st, 2012, 00:39
OK Oil and other topics need a new thread. Kap Kun Kaaaaa!

August 1st, 2012, 01:02
Yes ..allways thought the Chineese Gymnast's and divers were fit!

August 1st, 2012, 03:55
WOW! GB Women beat Brazil 1-0 to a packed crowd at Wembley ...now top of group !

dab69
August 1st, 2012, 04:25
didn't even know
GayButton HAD a team

Neal
August 1st, 2012, 06:38
I can't post it openly but.... :sign5:

August 1st, 2012, 09:20
Who is this Tom Daley is he a relative of Arthur Daley any pics?

August 1st, 2012, 12:22
Sorry Brisbane, he's no relation to Arthur Daley but I think there's some tie up with the newspaper - the Daley Mail.

Even though he has made an impact in national and international competitions from the age of 9, and at 14 represented Britain at the 2008 Olympics where he was Britain's youngest competitor, the youngest competitor of any nationality outside the sport of swimming, and the youngest to participate in a final - there are absolutely no "pics" to be found anywhere. The pic posted in this very thread is a fake, a doppelganger if you will.

You would be totally wasting your time going to Google, typing in his name, and clicking on images.

August 1st, 2012, 14:28
тАО70,000 at womens football....amazing..remember when i was younger and people used to laugh when you said women playing football

August 1st, 2012, 14:30
Today: GB's Bradley Wiggins goes for gold in cycling

August 1st, 2012, 18:03
GOLD!!!! at last in womens rowing..and their first gold!

August 1st, 2012, 18:05
GOLD!!!! at last for GB in womens rowing..and their first gold!

August 1st, 2012, 18:41
GB's mens rowing team win Bronz

Thai Dyed
August 1st, 2012, 20:48
I had no idea that GayButton participated in any kind of sports at all. Well, bless her sweet heart.

francois
August 1st, 2012, 21:55
I was wondering what the connection of Gold and GB was to Gaythailand; now I know.

August 1st, 2012, 22:20
Bradley Wiggins wins GB's 2nd Gold medal of the day in time trial cycling

August 1st, 2012, 22:38
Bradley Wiggins wins GB's 2nd Gold medal of the day in time trial cycling

August 1st, 2012, 22:44
Well we have seen some cute athleets in the Olympics....who's your favourits ?
Please open a new thread for this. Thank you DaBoss

August 2nd, 2012, 01:54
GB win Silver in mens swimming

August 2nd, 2012, 03:50
F-T...GB 1-0 Uruguay into Quarter finals

August 2nd, 2012, 18:49
GB...Win Silver in mens rowing

August 2nd, 2012, 22:22
GB...Women just won Judo Silver

lexusgs
August 2nd, 2012, 22:31
Wow Scottish thanks for the good wishes but I'm at least 25 years away from pensionable age. Me thinks you'll be there a whole lot quicker thank I am. Only judging by your posting style :alc:

August 2nd, 2012, 22:33
The medals are comming realy fast now....hard to keep up with now ha ....
I missed one before...We got Gold for canoeing

lexusgs
August 2nd, 2012, 22:36
You really are full of useful information FT. I stand corrected :kap: I find that the gymnasts are more interesting right now too. U forgot the South Koreans who look pretty good this year :tongue3:

August 2nd, 2012, 22:48
GB Win 4th Gold for shooting

August 2nd, 2012, 23:05
Great Britain have gone right up the table to 5th ..with 14 medals a few days ago we were 23 rd

August 2nd, 2012, 23:55
GB Just broke the world record time at Cycling....indoor track

August 3rd, 2012, 01:08
Chris Hoy wins his 5th Gold medal for GB allso its GB's 5th Gold

christianpfc
August 3rd, 2012, 03:46
Sidenote: it's men's or women's (whichever sport), not mens or womens.

August 3rd, 2012, 04:28
HA HA ....

August 3rd, 2012, 18:23
GB ...Win 6th Gold in rowing

August 3rd, 2012, 18:48
GB...win another medal ..Silver in rowing

August 4th, 2012, 00:40
GB Win 7th Gold....Cycling indoor track with world record!

August 4th, 2012, 01:11
WOW! That was an exciting finish....GB's 8th Gold...Cycling indoor track

August 4th, 2012, 01:25
GB ..Move up to 3rd in the medals table....behind USA and China

August 4th, 2012, 01:32
Another sell out for women's football at Coventry ..Quarter final...GB v Canada

August 4th, 2012, 02:43
Andy Murry through to Olympic Tennis Final

August 4th, 2012, 15:07
Day 8: GB are 4th in the table with 22 medals

August 4th, 2012, 19:55
GB win another 2 Gold at rowing....10 Golds so far!

August 5th, 2012, 00:18
Gold number 11...GB cycling team indoor track...best in the world at that too

August 5th, 2012, 03:43
Jessica Ennis wins GB's 12th Gold

August 5th, 2012, 03:48
Another athlectics Gold number 13...for GB in men's long jump

August 5th, 2012, 04:00
Mo Farah wins GB's 14th Gold medal in the 10,000 mts..

August 5th, 2012, 13:36
GB 3rd in the medal table with 29 inc 14 Gold

August 6th, 2012, 02:49
So 2 more Gold for GB today ....Murry in Tennis and Ainslie for Sailing

August 6th, 2012, 15:42
Day 9: GB Have 37 medals inc 16 Gold

August 6th, 2012, 22:22
Beth Twiddle wins bronz for Gb in gymnastics

August 6th, 2012, 23:04
GB wins 17th Gold medal in Equestrian

August 7th, 2012, 00:18
Kenny wins GB's 18th Gold medal in Cycling indoor track

christianpfc
August 7th, 2012, 02:27
And we have a new record for this forum: 20 consecutive posts (if I counted correctly) by one member! Not even Beachlover was able to do that.

(Hint: obviously, nobody cares about the latest results from the Olympics.)

Neal
August 7th, 2012, 02:39
I was just looking at that. looks like the last 4 pages are Bluechris1.
Hey! Just outta curiosity, is anyone reading all of these posts or is he alone here? :idea1:

joe552
August 7th, 2012, 02:53
with all due respect, DaBoss, this is the last place I'd come for Olympic results - bluechris is on his own here. still, shows some dedication :occasion9:

August 7th, 2012, 04:11
Ha ha ..over 1,000 views

August 7th, 2012, 14:22
Day 11: GB have 40 medals inc.....18 Gold

August 7th, 2012, 16:01
Ha ha ..over 1,000 views

994 of those views are by registered psychologists, who are treating this thread as a case-study.

August 7th, 2012, 18:15
Ha ha funny.....most people in the world think the olympics is the num 1 thing happening at the mo..i dont agree with some of the politics behind the scean...but i use to play a lot of sport and i admire the dedication of the athleets for years of hard work to get there

August 7th, 2012, 20:04
GB win 19th Gold and Bronz by Brothers in Triathlon ...and Silver in Windsurfing

August 8th, 2012, 00:13
Wow! Chris Hoy wins GB's 23rd Gold medal.....Best of all time!

August 8th, 2012, 01:19
Wow! Chris Hoy wins GB's 23rd Gold medal.....Best of all time!

You're over-excited, it's 22

August 8th, 2012, 03:20
Yes your right ..i added 2 instead of one

August 8th, 2012, 15:02
Day 12: GB have 48 medals inc 22 Gold

August 9th, 2012, 22:10
GB wins 23rd Gold medal in Dressage

August 9th, 2012, 22:47
Nicola Adams wins first female Boxing Gold and GB's 24TH

August 10th, 2012, 07:23
GB win 25th Gold in Taekwondo

August 10th, 2012, 14:52
Day 14: GB has 52 medals inc, 25 Gold

August 10th, 2012, 20:36
GB win Silver at Sailing

August 10th, 2012, 23:27
GB win Bronz at Hockey

August 11th, 2012, 04:01
GB win Bronz at Taekwondo

August 11th, 2012, 14:41
Day 15: GB have 57 medals inc 25 Gold

August 11th, 2012, 16:05
GB win 26th Gold medal in Kayak

August 11th, 2012, 18:41
Tom Daley just qualified for Diving final....he did'nt do well last night but just scraped though in 16th place..but today he's back to form..in 4th place at the mo...the final tonight....The chinese are on a different level...ice cool

August 11th, 2012, 23:27
Mexico beat Brazil 2-1 in The Olympic football final to win Gold and they were the better team

August 12th, 2012, 02:44
That was fantastic....most exciting race i've ever seen....Mo Farah wins Gold in the 5,000 mts and GB's 27th

August 12th, 2012, 04:31
Tom Daley wins Bronz for GB ...Usa win Gold....and China win Silver...Fantastic diving final

August 12th, 2012, 05:04
Luke Campbell wins Gold for GB in Boxing

August 12th, 2012, 15:22
Day 16 and final day : GB have 62 medals inc 28 Gold

August 12th, 2012, 17:35
Last night was for me The greatest most exciting Olympics of all time..edge of seat stuff for hours..best Sat night for ages

August 13th, 2012, 02:46
London 2012 Olympic games .....Closing Ceremony...9pm
so GB finish 3rd with 65 medals inc 29 Gold....its been a fantastic couple of weeks

Narakmak
August 13th, 2012, 06:05
London 2012 Olympic games .....Closing Ceremony...9pm
so GB finish 3rd with 65 medals inc 29 Gold....its been a fantastic couple of weeks
:partyDon't get carried away.
In fact, RUSSIA was third (to the USA and China) in total medals with 82 total (24 gold)

August 13th, 2012, 15:44
I'm doing the official medal's table...not your own wishfull thinking.....the place in the table is based on the teams with the most gold medals....so GB got 3rd most gold
its sounds like the sour grapes i get off united fans when we..Man City won the premier league.. ha ha

Narakmak
August 13th, 2012, 16:15
You said before GB was third in medals. You didn't specify gold medals.
They were third in gold medals. Russia was third in total medals.
You did great but there is no need to push a distortion, OK?

August 13th, 2012, 17:06
i am just copying the table from The medals table that is updated every time any country wins a medal on The BBC ....i didnt make it up myself...check it yourself ...on the bbc olympic site or bbc tv...so argue with them not me