PDA

View Full Version : Braised Australian Filet of Beef Bourguignon to Die For

Neal
July 29th, 2012, 15:40
Right now cafe des Amis has a beautiful dish to make your taste buds go out of orbit. Just take a look at this new dish, then go try it!

Braised Australian Beef Bourguignon with Garlic Mashed potato, Creamed Spinach, Cauliflower puree, Pumpkin puree, garnished with crispy fried shallots 490 baht!! Fine dining at 490 baht.

Neal
July 29th, 2012, 19:10
Braised Australian Beef Bourguignon with Garlic Mashed potato, Creamed Spinach, Cauliflower puree, Pumpkin puree, garnished with crispy fried shallots 490 baht!! Fine dining at 490 baht.

SoiVC Slut-old
July 29th, 2012, 19:20
That is not bad at all. Will have to give it a try for sure. Have you tried it yet DaBoss

July 29th, 2012, 19:30
...Have you tried it yet DaBoss

No, but DaBoss is a pushy queen - she went over to someone else's table and photgraphed their dinner.

July 29th, 2012, 19:35
Haha, I can believe that

Neal
July 29th, 2012, 19:36
You are wrong SG, I would never do that! Blu photographed it for me. I had the Australian steak but when I saw that someone had the Braised Filet at the table next to us, I waited til they left the room to visit the john and stole a taste of theirs! Yummy!

July 29th, 2012, 22:02
Makes mental note to self: If ever in Cafe Des Amis at same time as Daboss - take dinner into toilet with me

sing_lofty_sing
July 30th, 2012, 01:35
Actualy Scotty i would prefer to take DaBoss into the toilet with me

joe552
July 30th, 2012, 01:51
someone always has to bring it back to sex :dontknow:

Neal
July 30th, 2012, 02:23
Help! Help! It's a chubby chaser!! :sign5:

joe552
July 30th, 2012, 03:07
Help! Help! It's a chubby chaser!! :sign5:

:sign5: :sign5:

arsenal
July 30th, 2012, 21:40
Neal. I do not think they are using the fillet to make what is basically a stew. If they are then 1, they are mad and 2, there is no other restaurant in the world doing the same thing.

July 30th, 2012, 22:23
I'm sorry, but when it comes to creating a stew, DaBoss definitely knows more than you do.

:sign5:

Neal
July 30th, 2012, 23:38
I have sent a request to them and asked what type of beef but I don't know why you are asking about filet as ir=tn is made with chuck. Now I am not telling you they are using chuck I am just saying that that is what is usually used.

July 31st, 2012, 00:23
.. I don't know why you are asking about filet ....

Check the title of the thread?

Neal
July 31st, 2012, 02:08
Well shit I thunk (LOL) I just copied and pasted the title and never read it. Either he changed it or I had a stupid moment. Be quiet SG! I don't know so I looked at his website again and sure nuf it does not say filet. OK, blame me, it's easy everyone does. I had a some-timers moment. :laughing3:

Neal
July 31st, 2012, 12:56
Nope! Guess I was correct after all.
This is their response:

Hi Neal

The Beef is Australian fillet Tenderloin it is very juicy & tender with a lovely flavour, this is an expensive way to make it but guarantees perfect meat in every dish.

B

arsenal
August 2nd, 2012, 01:29
Fair enough. Previously the only dishes I was aware of that used the fillet in any form other than a whole steak was a stir fry or Beef Stroganoff but I stand corrected. Although Beef Bourguinon should be garnished with pearl onions and button mushrooms. Still the picture looks delicious.

bruce_nyc
August 2nd, 2012, 01:39
You guys are making me hungry again!

I didn't realize I'd be flying all the way to Thailand for the food! :3some: Especially the falang food!

martin911
August 16th, 2012, 00:34
Right now cafe des Amis has a beautiful dish to make your taste buds go out of orbit. Just take a look at this new dish, then go try it!

It was utterly delicious !!!!!(as was the fresh rasberry and white chocolate creme brulee )
Thank you DB for the tip --it was a few years since i had eaten there - i had forgotten just how good it is !!!!

And the tall waiter Ben is so attentive !!!!

Neal
August 16th, 2012, 02:55
Ben used to work at New Orleans and left them while he worked for Steve who was very abusive to his staff. Now Steve has sold New Orleans and the place has returned to the old days before Steve screwed it all up! Give them a try also.

I am really happy you enjoyed Cafe des amis. Its a favorite of mine except Friday nights when Bruno's has fresh mussels in wine sauce or Mediterrainian sauce and entree with Canadian steak and Canadian Lobster flown in!!

frequentflier
August 17th, 2012, 07:30
It looks great..must try it next visit.