PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai

a447
July 27th, 2012, 19:37
I'm now back home after a great holiday in Pattaya, where I met yet another man of my dreams - only the second guy I have really ever fallen for. I have just booked a flight to Chiang Mai for my next trip. I'm thinking about dropping in to pattaya, grabbing the guy and taking him with me. So handsome! Such a body! So shy, affectionate and charming! So "jai dee!" And such a HUGE cock!!!! OMG! It's massive!
From what I can gather from my net research, the north-west part of town, outside the walls, would be the best place to stay. Is that right?
Also, I was thinking about the Lotus Hotel as they have a good deal for the "low season." This place has some mixed reviews, but it seems well placed. Correct??
Finally, if I take the guy, I'm thinking of paying him 1000 baht per day. I don't really know if that would be enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Only thing is, he was such a great performer in bed, and just a really nice guy, that I actually paid him more than the going rate. I offed him every night and paid him 1500 short time and 2000 long time. (Normally I'd pay 1000 and 1500). Should I pay him more because he is spending much more time with me compared to an "off?" I'm just wondering if, from his point of view, he'd be better off financially by working every night in the bar.

pong
July 27th, 2012, 20:15
wher to stay in the lovely city; no, I personally do not think NW is ''best''-but anyone may have its own ideas. To give a proper answer, first give the details fowhat YOU think is important. its just a coincidence that the few ''gay-labelled'' places are there-but all of ChMai is full of normal places tostay in about any possible bracket and level. ut no doubt the ChMai regulars will tell more about this.
BTW-is your new found from that city? If yes-is he willing to show that or very shy for his old friends?
again: there are no set prices-in general very long time wll also involve you paying him all expense-and for most thats a bit lower then-he wont get an off every day most likely. Just make a proposal-and give him his money due every 3d or 4th day or so. And a little own spending money when there-or, if you can trust him with that and you are happy with it, let him handle the daily small expense.

kjun12
July 28th, 2012, 09:58
This place has some mixed reviews, but it seems well placed. Correct??
Finally, if I take the guy, I'm thinking of paying him 1000 baht per day. I don't really know if that would be enough.

The hotel is not "well" located. It is actually out of the way. A nice place but more expensive than I like.

1000 Baht a day is well paid for a long term as you propose. Unfortunately, you may have spoiled him with the previous over-payments and he may be disappointed.

lukylok
July 28th, 2012, 10:41
Don't forget to settle his relation with his bar, if he is a bar boy. With him or with his manager. if he doesn't show up he will be fined.
For me 1.000 per day is a strict minimum, but I know I am jai-gwang.

In Chiang Mai, wherever you stay, think of hiring a motorbike. The town is spread, and whatever you plan to do during the day will involve a few km.
And the traffic is not heavy, so risks are measured.

Enjoy your stay !

BonTong
July 28th, 2012, 11:21
In Chiang Mai, wherever you stay, think of hiring a motorbike. The town is spread, and whatever you plan to do during the day will involve a few km.
And the traffic is not heavy, so risks are measured.
The traffic is now much heavier than it was even five years ago, I would only suggest this if you are REALLY confident on a motorbike. The number of farang tourists one sees limping around Thapae Gate on crutches, or sporting a bad case of road rash bears witness to the foley of this. If you do rent, Buddy (opposite kad Suan Kaew shopping Mall) has a good reputation and won't rip you off, unlike some in the main tourist areas.

July 28th, 2012, 12:18
I saw some stats that said there were more than 30 fatalities a day from motorbike accidents across Thailand.

sing_lofty_sing
July 28th, 2012, 14:14
Ive stayed at the Lotus Hotel and found it to be a pain getting to the center of CM. The hotel is ok but got eaten alive by mossies in the garden bar and outside in the eating area. The room was ok but have had better for less money.

Oliver
July 28th, 2012, 14:57
I stayed there on many occasions in the days of the old Adam's Apple. The best rooms were good (and distinctively furnished).
It is true that a visit to the night market requires transportation but I used to enjoy-if only for few days- being in an area not dominated by falangs and the tourist industry. It made a change from Boyztown and Surawong.

July 28th, 2012, 16:09
Agree with Lofty about the Lotus Hotel in CM.

When I stayed there maybe around 5/6 yrs ago Mosquitoes are definitely a problem (for some - including me) in the Garden Bar area.

Otherwise, I was perfectly happy with the Hotel and I remember the good-looking Garden Bar waiter (there were 2, but 1 was very handsome). I seem to remember a lot about that boy :evil4:

:party

Khor tose
July 28th, 2012, 16:52
If you ask the boy at the Garden bar he will provide you with some mosquito repellant. It works against the mosquitos and does not seem to bother the boys.

a447
July 29th, 2012, 10:22
Looking at a map, I can see that the Lotus Hotel is out of town a bit, but it appears to be in the gay area of CM. Is there another area that has lots of gay places? I want to stay in the gay area as it is a hassle getting a boy back to the room if the hotel is far away. And getting boys back to the room will be my main focus. :glasses7:
Of course, I can always taxi into the night market early in the evening, but there isn't anything I'd want to buy there.
Can anyone recommend another hotel that would be nicer than the Lotus and better located for evening fun? A swimming pool would be nice, but not essential. And money is no object. (Well, it is but....)
In fact any recommendations would be welcome, as I haven't been there for a long time and I don't think I ever went to a gay place in CM.

kjun12 wrote:
1000 Baht a day is well paid for a long term as you propose. Unfortunately, you may have spoiled him with the previous over-payments and he may be disappointed.

Yes, that was my fear exactly. But come to think of it, even at the slightly inflated price I paid him, he was still fantastic value and so I reckon I'd take him, even if he asked for double!

Khor tose
July 29th, 2012, 10:28
Can anyone recommend another hotel that would be better value than the Lotus?
In fact any recommendations would be welcome, as I haven't been there for a long time and I don't think I ever went to a gay place in CM.

Gay map and gay accommodations here:

http://www.radchada.com/index.php

Me I always recommend PJs as the best place to stay in Chiang Mai, but others have different opinions.

BonTong
July 29th, 2012, 10:30
If you ask the boy at the Garden bar he will provide you with some mosquito repellant. It works against the mosquitos and does not seem to bother the boys.There was no known repellent that worked against Garden bar's biggest mosquito, Mr Chippendale. But don't worry, he recently took late retirement.

In Chiang Mai Mosquitos are a problem in any outdoor venue after dark, even despite a weekly fogging by the Tessabhan. You have to adjust, long trousers, socks and a loose fitting shirt. Then a minimal amount of repellent on the underarm and elbows. I prefer the citronella based Sofel lotion over the sprays, you can rub it just on the areas you want and it only has a small amount of DEET. Costs about 50Bt a bottle.
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img/item/190/234/572/soffell-mosquito-repellent-lotion-citronella-oil-70ml-c8ff6.jpg

For any of you that don't already know it, Deet is really a mandatory ingredient in mosquitos sprays to deter. make sure it's in there or it really is a waste. DaBoss

BonTong
July 29th, 2012, 10:47
The Santitham/Chang Puek and Nimmanheminda area is really where the fun gay places are now. As Khor Tose says, PJs is always a good bet. The Lotus is still the best location for the Go-Go bars, being opposite Adam's, a short walk to Free-Guy or New My Way and a longer walk to Circle Pub, Barocco and Relax. This Article includes some more accommodation options The Santitham Renaissance (http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/blog.php?id=170).

Also, "See Man Pub" is Chiang Mai's up and coming number one gay venue which you might quite like so staying around Nimmanheminda could be good too. Also close to Warm Up, Tawang Deang, Glass Onion and so many decent restaurants. It's not cheap but good value can be found at Kantary Hills (http://www.kantarygroup.com/kantaryhills-chiangmai/) which is near the aforementioned places. Or, good but lower budget is the bungalows at The Pub (http://thepubchiangmai.com/)

a447
July 31st, 2012, 14:59
The Lotus is still the best location for the Go-Go bars

Yeah, that's why I was interested in it.

Anyone had a good "sexy" massage in CM lately? Can you recommend a massage place near the Lotus, or in the gay area?

Also, are the taxis there ok - I mean, are the rip-offs any worse than in BKK?

Thanks.

thrillbill
July 31st, 2012, 17:15
I've been to Chaingmai three times and it is spread out. I'd stay at the Dusit D2 hotel which is more central, near a couple gay sights and very gay friendly. D2 hotels by Dusit are trendy and geared for more of the single/ couples, not families (in my opinion). Too bad you have to offer your "love" 1000 baht a day, it would make me wonder if he would really want to be with me. True, I would give him baht at the end of the trip.

a447
July 31st, 2012, 17:25
Too bad you have to offer your "love" 1000 baht a day, it would make me wonder if he would really want to be with me.

Yeah, I know. But at the end of the day, he's a moneyboy from a bar, so any "love" is strictly a one-way street I'd think. He's just a really nice guy but I doubt if he has really strong feelings for me. :(

Oliver
July 31st, 2012, 17:31
It is possible that what begins as a commercial transaction blossoms into something quite precious over the passage of time.

July 31st, 2012, 18:55
Yes Oliver.....thats exatly what happend to me ....i met my bf....working in a bar....and when we became bf's..he stopped working the bars and went back to work for his family and sometimes goes to work in a bag factory in Bkk....he wanted to show me he wouldent be meeting other guys and i love him to bits.....he's such a nice guy inside and out and even when we are appart he goes to the internet cafe near his village to talk to me every day..so like you say things can devellop into something special x
:love7:

Khor tose
July 31st, 2012, 19:57
Anyone had a good "sexy" massage in CM lately? Can you recommend a massage place near the Lotus, or in the gay area?

Thanks.

I have no idea what you might think is a sexy massage. You would have to give me far more personal information then I would want to hear. However, there are regular taxis that charge 150 baht to go anywhere and you have to phone them. There are tuk-tuks that charge from 100 to 60 baht, but you must bargain and they do screw you around sometimes. The best way to get around in Chiang mai is to rent a motorcycle or take the red buses that are everywhere and they only charge 20 baht to take you where you want to go. Just say Poom Pai (name of bar, restaurant, go-go, massage, etc) krup and they will take you there just like your trucks in Pattaya.

BonTong
July 31st, 2012, 22:33

Prefaced with: I haven't been to any massage places in a long time, but hear regular reports from those that do. Gemini is nearest to Lotus and famed for young looking boys. But, it's overpriced and the facilities suck. Also, in that area is Maarn Mai which is OK, or there's Mars Spa near House of Male. If you ring Ray (owner of Free guy - see website) I'm sure he'll arrange an outcall from down the road :bounce:

Other places are spread all over town with a cluster out to the south which are quite good but a long trek. e.g. One 2 Come and Blues Club.

Thanks.
Forget the Taxis. The few that are around think the meter is a decorative ornament!

Songteaws in the day are OK, or Tuk tuk's at night. Just remember to bargain and walk away if they talk silly money. Ignore the Tuk Tuks behind D2 who are big rip offs, walk 150M to Thapae Road and you'll easy find one with a reasonable price, even at 3 a.m. Hai Kar, the guy who parks outside the Garden bar at Lotus is a reasonable guy who I often use to go all over town.

Monte
August 19th, 2012, 09:19

My two posts at Utopia:

December 21, 2011
R&B MASSAGE, 41 Ratchamankha Road (near the foot of Ratchamankha, near Moonmuang Road and Thapae Gate), telephone 0846922381. The owner/manager of this little place is a young Thai guy named Bubble. With a little advance notice, he imports gay-friendly masseursтАФthe best of whom is Yo. Ask for him! Yo is a superb masseur. Bt.250 an hour for oil massage. Give Yo at least Bt.60 (not 500!)тАФBt.100 if youтАЩre feeling generous, and heтАЩs worth it. Be discreet. ThereтАЩs a mostly straight clienteleтАж

July 6, 2012
R&B Massage continues to please mightily! Bubble has enlarged his on-call staff of gay-friendly masseurs. Call ahead for appointment and an accommodating "therapist" will be waiting. Be assured of an excellent massage; you provide the happy ending. Most customers are straight, so common sense and discretion advised...

August 19th, 2012, 20:37
Based on the glowing review of R&B above, I went there today. I showed "Buble" (his spelling of his wireless network username) the above review. He said his friend posted it for him. That makes more sense than the use of words like best, superb or excellent. I did not stay for a full hour. As a frequent customer at many foot massage, straight massage & gay massage shops, I would rate the quality of the massage at R&B as below average. Some might enjoy repeated strikes to their scrotums, but I found it painful and less than relaxing. Buble is at least ten years past my definition of young as well, but other readers can decide for themselves if the reviews in the previous post are accurate or not.

As for the human mosquito at Garden Bar that Bontong wrote about, I think he is back again. Hard stares continue from an ugly guy despite one's best efforts to avoid eye contact with him? I think it's the same one anyway. Mohammed should teach his Doberman the "Chopper sick balls" command from the "Stand By Me" movie!

Monte
August 21st, 2012, 10:34
I am sorry that Masurui was disappointed. My experiences at R&B have always been rewarding--a competent, gay-friendly, and satisfying massage that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I urge Masurui to give the place another try.

As for Bubble appearing young to me, everybody looks young to this old farang! :old:

Andaman!
August 23rd, 2012, 07:34
Anyone stayed at the QI68 Guest House? Looks good on the website although rather basic from outside if you do a Google Streetview. Also anyone know about joiner policy at QI68?

BonTong
August 28th, 2012, 20:50
Anyone stayed at the QI68 Guest House? Looks good on the website although rather basic from outside if you do a Google Streetview. Also anyone know about joiner policy at QI68?
Never stayed there myself, but i know the owner, a really nice Thai Gay guy. The rooms are all at the back so there's not much to see from the front. It's very modern and minimalistic with a mixture of polished concrete, glass and wood. Have met people who stayed there and loved it. The owner and staff seem to be a friendly bunch and there's some kind of communal living are where everyone can hang out together, prepare food, drinks etc, or so i heard.

Location is not bad, five minute walk to Soho bar, Pern's and lemon Tree in one direction or Sabbai Dee or Radchada Cafe in other directions. 10 minutes walk get's you to a couple of massage places or the New May Way go-go. Plenty of other places to eat and drink in the neighbourhood too, though mainly Thai.