PDA

View Full Version : Mobility Company Launched in Pattaya!

Neal
July 27th, 2012, 09:03
This is to announce that Heart of Happy Place has opened up Pattaya Mobility!
The company's purpose will be to sell, lease and rent different handicap items such as shower chairs, walkers, wheelchairs, and 3 different types of scooters both stand up 3 wheel like I have and 4 wheel scooters on road and off. What is ideal about this company is that expats who live here and are on restrictive incomes will be able to aquire these items on an easy payment plan or visitors can rent them daily, weekly or monthly.

Delivered right to your door and picked up for free all you do is call and describe which item you are in need of and it gets delivered. If you decide the item meets your needs, you decide what method you wish, if not, it goes back.

Pattaya Mobility will soon have a stand at Jomtien Beach with 3 and 4 wheel scooters for daily rent so that you may go to your favorite spot on Jomtien Beach and then back again! Should be launched in September on the beach. Heart may be reached for your handicap items at 08 900 150 150.

July 27th, 2012, 11:54
This is going to be very handy for the many disabled visitors to Pattaya. Bangkok and Phuket need something like this too.

Neal
July 27th, 2012, 13:22
I know they do. In fact it was me having a stroke and needing many of these things that gave me the idea. If someone wants to sent it up in another city, feel free to PM me and I will guide you. It's easy and no shop needed because it is all done over the phone. Customer calls, we deliver and show, the customer says yes or no and transaction completed. Easy.

Marsilius
July 27th, 2012, 14:19
My partner's mother has been wheelchair-bound for some years and needs to be pushed everywhere. Although he has taken her on foreign holidays many times, he has always told me that he would never take her to Thailand because of the poor quality of the pavements (that's "sidewalks" to DaBoss) and the lack of appropriate ramps.

Neal
July 27th, 2012, 14:49
There are many areas these boys can go but sure, check the area that you want to use it in first before commiting yourself. They are used all over Jomtien Beach, the walkway, Boyztown and Sunee.

SoiVC Slut-old
July 27th, 2012, 15:34
When do you think you will be able to post the rates on the website?

Neal
July 27th, 2012, 15:38
As soon as the website is finished being built. Should be soon but you can write pattayamobility@hotmail and we will be they will be happy to help you.
also understand that the equipment being offered is much more durable than what is available in Pattaya as well as the wheelchairs are a larger size rather than for skinny Thai's. :wave:

GWMinUS
July 27th, 2012, 22:35
Sounds like a great service!!
I am 71 and broke my leg 2 years ago. It has never been easy to get around since!!
I have avoided traveling to Thailand because of this.
Not sure I can walk the distance from the Tartawan Hotel to Boys Bars or Telephone.
HUM, not sure how to navigate the street stalls along Silom. Maybe just drive over those shills???
:happy7:
George in the US

Neal
July 27th, 2012, 22:48
Good luck George but the venues you have mentioned are in Bangkok and not Pattaya.

francois
July 27th, 2012, 22:57
An expat friend in Pattaya was in need of some type of wheeled device such as a scooter or chair but, after a great deal of research, found that the scooters (sit down) are unable to traverse the speed bumps on the sois. Their clearance and wheel base was not sufficient. Another example of poor design of these speed bumps which even motorbikes bottom out on.

Neal
July 27th, 2012, 23:17
Hi Francios. Yes while several sois have "speed bumps" I have yet to see speed bumps all the way to the curb. Maybe some of the places your freind wanted to stay, they had them. I don't know. I do see scooters on the open road quite regularly and I have never seen a bump on an open road.
Also I might add that a bar owner that lives in one of the Jomtien towers rides his heavy duty scooter on the main roadway to the beach almost every day through the security gates and down to where he sits. Now that is the heavy duty scooter. As advertised, there is also a 3 wheel combo stand up sit down scooter that we have which will surely go around a soi with a speed bump as I have driven it over the grates and bumps of Jomtien walkway. The great part of the walkway is that since it is electric, when the gates close and no motor scooters are allowed, all these devices are!

Sure, check out where you are going to stay and the pathway but there are many hotels in all 3 of the gay areas that are easily accessible with our equipment. :hello2:

adman5000
July 28th, 2012, 08:59
To GWMinUS.
You may also want to consider something such as the HUGO walker with wheels available at Sam's Club and others. It is about $100 USD and folds easily.

Neal
July 28th, 2012, 12:39
Thank you Adman and YES, that is one of the styles of walkers Heart has.

kanom
July 29th, 2012, 06:50
What a good idea and support for the local community. I hope you get the support to keep it going.

Michael
July 30th, 2012, 01:56
Ha Ha LOVE IT! Instantly reminded me of ITV's comedy drama Benidorm with Mel's Mobility Shop!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/wesley1778/benidorm_mel_madge.jpg

Madge Harvey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Madge Harvey is a fictional character who stars in the ITV sitcom Benidorm written by Derren Litten. Madge is an elderly woman (age 72). Madge has seven daughters Jackie, Sharon, Mandy, Cheryl, Maureen, Valda but only one is in contact with her Janice Garvey (Siobhan Finneran). Madge travels to Benidorm each year with Janice and her husband Mick (Steve Pemberton) and their two children Michael (Oliver Stokes) and Chantelle (Hannah Hobley) and her son Coolio (series 1-3 ). Madge is a chain-smoker, scornful and cantankerous Woman. She seems somewhat misanthropic by nature and is unafraid to show her dislike for everyone. Madge is always seen extremely tanned and in an electric mobility scooter, despite not actually needing one. DaBoss

August 1st, 2012, 10:34
Big Thanks to Pattaya Mobility for joining Rainbow Card and offering a member discount :)

jinks
March 27th, 2013, 01:34
Is Pattaya Mobility still trading ?

Neal
March 27th, 2013, 03:13
No. it was announced long ago that the boy who is pictured, a b/f of mine for over 4 years and I had difficulties (?) and that all backing and support needed to be pulled from the project. It was a shame because I thought it a great idea for Pattaya.

March 28th, 2013, 09:44
A freind of mine refers to boys on skateboards as "Meals On Wheels" - I think the meal he is referring to is Lunch.

lonelywombat
March 28th, 2013, 12:39
brisbaneguy you sound more like BBB with every post you make