View Full Version : How about New Year's Eve in Pattaya?

goteed1
July 24th, 2012, 08:50
Well the Christmas thread got me seriously panicked that I haven't made any reservations for New year's Eve. I have never been to Pattaya but have been following the conversations here for a while. I like the idea of staying close to the beach and away from all the noise. The only concern is getting from Jomtien to the other areas on one of these baht buses during a crowded time of year.

Looking for recs. Prefer a gay guesthouse, budget not a big concern, I like to indulge in a nice room when I travel.

Was also maybe considering Chiang Mai for New years, anybody have any opinions on one Vs the other?

Thanks!

July 24th, 2012, 21:26
How about Tui's Place on Dongtan beach?

thrillbill
July 26th, 2012, 08:31
I live in Pattaya but had never spent New Years Eve in the city until a couple years ago. I was amazed....impressed...in awe with the fireworks along Beach Road. Not only does the city fire them off from Bali pier, but all the 4-5 star hotels set them off. I was sitting on the beach with a couple of my Thai friends (and bf) -near Hard Rock hotel - and fire works were to our right...left...in front...above. The best I had ever seen. You could plan to eat somewhere near the bay in the evening, then hang out on the beach for the fireworks.

Next, I would suggest staying in one of the gay hotels in the Jomtien complex area...walking distance to Dontan beach and to the main street to catch a bath bus to Pattaya. I imagine during the day, you want to relax at the beach which is full of eye candy then. In the Jomtien Complex area you also have a few gay bars also.

The problem during this time, is getting on a public baht bus (songtaew)that isn't full. You have to wait a little longer. Many Russians seem to hog them or hire them privately.

Note: I have also spent New Years Eve in Changmai, not as fun, but the weather is cooler.

goteed1
July 26th, 2012, 09:29
Aaah, Thanks ThrillBill that's just the info I was looking for.

I started hunting for reservations in Jomtien. Poseiden told me that are booked up already. Ganymede reserved a room for me even though I just asked about rates. Ambiance still has rooms available Still waiting to hear back from Tuis.

thrillbill
July 26th, 2012, 16:51
Aaah, Thanks ThrillBill that's just the info I was looking for.

I started hunting for reservations in Jomtien. Poseiden told me that are booked up already. Ganymede reserved a room for me even though I just asked about rates. Ambiance still has rooms available Still waiting to hear back from Tuis.
(I don't stay in hotels in Pattaya since I live here but I question the walk to Tui's after midnight if you go out a lot. It is a great location but a 5 minute walk from the city street.)

frequentflier
July 31st, 2012, 23:33
Am really looking forward to my visit in December,and have booked into Le Cafe Royale,arriving 21st..

painai2
August 2nd, 2012, 09:11
New Year's Eve is a lot of fun in Pattaya. Don't expect to off a boy that night, many boys will manage to get the night off. It's best to have a date lined up and go have fun with him. Bali Hi is a lot of fun--but not for those who don't like crowds. The show, music, fireworks, all fantastic.