View Full Version : Swampy Airport

Sooty
July 21st, 2012, 16:34
Has anyone passed through Swampy Airport recently? How are the queues for Immigration? This story (http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4687&Itemid=437) is pretty frightening. I read a story during the floods last year that one of the reasons the floods could not clear the Bangkok area quickly was that the area over which Swampy is built had previously functioned as natural drainage but with Swampy there it was no longer able to fulfill its natural function.

July 21st, 2012, 16:41
I last entered on Dec 30th, so not very recent, but as we approached it was amazing to see how much land was still under water from the previous floods.

There had been plenty of horror stories about immigration delays before I arrived, and I was ready for a long wait.

In the event though, the queue was less than five minutes.

anonone
July 21st, 2012, 18:03
I was through a couple weeks ago. Immigration has not been too bad, especially as it is low season. The time of day you arrive will have some impact, but horridly long lines have not been a problem of late.

Do be aware that as runway construction is occurring, there remains possibilities for delays for both departing and arriving flights.

Edit: I just read the article you supplied in your link. I would not be concerned. Any article that quotes an annomyous "engineer" posting on a web board as a source looses all credibility. As a frequent flier, including many trips at BKK, I am very happy with this airport.