PDA

View Full Version : NAB in Pattaya

thrillbill
July 21st, 2012, 10:40
My Thai bf and I (we both work in the Pattaya area) usually go up to BKK on weekends and hit Silom. We decided to stay in Pattaya this weekend and last night went to NAB. We had not been there for ???? 8 months. (We prefer the set up of DJ or GOD in BKK where you can dance, walk around, or just stand and people watch. It seems in NAB, one is attached to the little round tables.) Friday night when we arrived we did get a table to put our drinks on but again, the majority of the RESERVED tables up front were not occupied until 1:30. Next, the coyote dancers were nothing special- just young, skinnny guys that looked like they were pulled off the sois. (ok, there were a couple decent ones). The entertainment did not have a show of dancers, just the three Thai impersonators lip synching - no dance show like they had before. Then each beer was 250 baht; where as it is 100 baht for a drink at DJ... (We are not heavy drinkers, so are not going to order a bottle of whiskey with soda and coke at NAB.) It is too bad there isn't a better gay dance club to go to in Pattaya.

newalaan
July 21st, 2012, 17:33
Then each beer was 250 baht; where as it is 100 baht for a drink at DJ... (We are not heavy drinkers, so are not going to order a bottle of whiskey with soda and coke at NAB.) It is too bad there isn't a better gay dance club to go to in PattayaTotally agree and i really cannot understand why Pattaya does not have a niche club set out in the same way as DJ/GOD. While I much prefer the whiskey-on-the-table type clubs myself, I think a DJ Station-type club in Pattaya would do really well and, as you say, not everybody is into whiskey and prefer a single drink, beer or soft drink as you get in DJ. Although Thais much prefer the NAB-style clubs I would guess there are MORE than enough farangs/foreigners and thai guys on the hunt for a farang hook-up in Pattaya to make sure that at least one DJ/GOD style club in Pattaya would def work.

Before I had a bf in Thailand and was looking to hook up, in Pattaya (as now), bars were the only real option for lone foreigners wanting face-to-face interaction but places like the old 7th Hole and Disco Duck had small dance areas/hanging out areas where lone foreigners could go without having to have a 'party of friends' and a bottle of whiskey with him and could simply interact with thai boys who were there looking for the same. In fact 7th Hole and Disco Duck often had the boys not taken off from the bars go with their bar mamasan in tow after the bars closed to help 'facilitate' hook-ups, the mamasan helped with speaking english.

I would have thought Pattaya would be the ideal place for a DJ/GOD set up, I mean there are plenty of these kind of small clubs/pubs for straight thai female and foreign males to hook up, just on Walking St alone there are a few, Lucifer, Walking St Pub etc.. but none specifically gay.