PDA

View Full Version : Please

Neal
July 20th, 2012, 16:58
We have asked several times and would like to ask again. Many people continue to complain that they are using small hand held devices to read this forum and it is cluttered up by QUOTED posts. Please read your post before hitting the submit button and if everyone or many people can understand what you are talking or referring to, PLEASE do not hit the quote feature. If you need to hit the quote button, please look for the sentence or two that you are referring to and not the whole post. It only clutters things up so that these people have to keep scrolling and scrolling to get to the posts. I have been trying to delete many of them but there are again too many. Thanks for helping and if you do not understand, please pm me.

christianpfc
July 21st, 2012, 03:45
Many people continue to complain that they are using small hand held devices to read this forum and it is cluttered up by QUOTED posts.

Wait a moment! Recently we had a thread where people were complaining that the boys cannot live without constantly texting or calling on their mobile phone. And now the same people complain that they find it difficult to read posts with quotes on their mobile phone?

My mobile phone is far too old to surf the internet, so I have now first-hand experience. I wonder, is there a basic version of this fourm (without pictures and advertisement) when you access it from a mobile phone?

July 21st, 2012, 04:38
DOES MY PHONE HAVE INTERNET???
4 MONTHS YOUNG, PRICE 1990 BAHT.

after 2 weeks I realized it had a camera,
so maybe it has internet, do I care ....

NO

Get a freaking computer or Laptop :occasion6:

bruce_nyc
July 21st, 2012, 04:58
O my gawd.

I use internet on my phone constantly.

Just last week I discovered that I can make phone calls on it too! :joker:

I don't really understand why scrolling would be such a problem, but I do agree that it's annoying when people quote the entire post... just out of laziness. Quotes should be directly relevant to indicate what you are addressing.

July 21st, 2012, 05:02
O my gawd.

I use internet on my phone constantly.

Just last week I discovered that I can make phone calls on it too! :joker:

I don't really understand why scrolling would be such a problem, but I do agree that it's annoying when people quote the entire post... just out of laziness. Quotes should be directly relevant to indicate what you are addressing.
SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,
what is QUOTE ??????????????????????

for the idiots that is what I just did above this sentence!!! :3some:

Neal
July 21st, 2012, 05:05
Exactly Bruce. I am sure no one including me has a problem if there is something that they want to quote or need to. A sentence, two sentences but some of you not only quote your previous or someone else\'s but the one before that and some the one before that. You can look and see that xxx went and said this and zzz went and replied this and ggg said this about that and now I say.... oh it gets so annoying. Just write the sentence that applies. It\'s simple! Just use the quote button and everything irrelevant between the [quote=\"xxxxx\"] and the end, just delete! Sorry these /// stupid marks keep coming up because I am on a proxy! I cant figure out why I am not getting many sites now on Sphon and am going to TOT shortly. Maybe AIS tomorrow as its driving me batty. More than I already am!

July 21st, 2012, 10:48
I use my iPad to read the Forum and I can tell you its too hard on iPads to edit a post easily to remove the quotes text so I done quote at all or I quote the whole thing I guess there are people who try to read it on their phone dunno why the writing is too small anyway I suggested you make something available for mobile users in another post and your lah di dah IT support person said it was to much trouble you cant have it both ways as my old mum used to say.

witchhunt
July 21st, 2012, 11:02
OMG this looks like LMTU is back. No commas, no full stops no sense.

Neal
July 21st, 2012, 13:11
Brisbane. You can always get a pair of reading glasses which are no more than magnifying glasses all over for only 200 b. :evil4:

christianpfc
July 24th, 2012, 03:27
If someone is so dependent on SGT that he/she needs to access it on his/her mobile phone, then he/she should get his/her priorities in life straight. There is life outside the internet.

bruce_nyc
July 24th, 2012, 03:55
Where!?

The only place there is life outside of the internet is in Thailand.

And for those of us not in Thailand, the internet is our only connection to Thailand. :crazy:

joe552
July 24th, 2012, 04:37
The only place there is life outside of the internet is in Thailand.

bruce, you surely didn't mean this remark to sound as bleak as it does? you have no life other than the internet and your trips to Thailand? :dontknow:

bruce_nyc
July 24th, 2012, 04:46
Nahhh. Just kidding. :evil4:

Gotta admit, there's always alot going on in this town too. Why am I online so much???

joe552
July 24th, 2012, 05:04
that question is even more sad than your previous post :dontknow: