PDA

View Full Version : Sansuk Sauna

RichLB
July 18th, 2012, 16:15
I've visited Sansuk before and am curious what the active hours are. When I was there it was pretty dead before 6 and wondered if it becomes busier later in the evening. Any input appreciated.

TravellerDave
July 19th, 2012, 12:40
I visited the Samsuk Sauna 4 times during my June trip and enjoyed it each time. Up till about 7pm its usually fairly quiet but this varies from day to day. The most customers I saw was about 50 - a mixture of Farangs, some with their Thai boyfriends and older Thai men.
I enjoyed the small pool and went in the whirlpool. Later I had fun in the dark corridors and in the cubicles.

gregvc
July 19th, 2012, 12:54
we had a good time in April there. Yes, you can't tell the number there as sometimes it depends on the arrival of BKK guys. Panya (owner?) is nice, food good and a wander through the floors usually brings fun.

Oliver
July 19th, 2012, 14:57
Sansuk is well-run and well-maintained; an excellent facility. I've found the Thai food in the restaurant delicious, well-presented and competitively-priced.

Neal
July 19th, 2012, 17:00
Also remember that they are building rooms for rent there!

July 21st, 2012, 10:58
Also remember that they are building rooms for rent there!can rent boys afford there prices?

TravellerDave
July 21st, 2012, 12:26
Last year Panya, the owner gave me a tour of the accommodation which was rather luxurious but of course expensive. I think the new block under construction will be more affordable.
I suppose it's location will not suit many guys cos it's away from Sunee and Boystown and a little difficult to find. It's a real nice facility which is getting more popular.

July 21st, 2012, 13:47
TD, it's not that expensive - 1500/2000 in H/L season - about the same as a decent 3 star chain hotel room

I stayed there before - spotlessly clean, well-appointed rooms and absolutely no complaint on those (OK, beds are hard but I like that)

The main drawback, as you suggest, is the location - not only is it a fair distance from anything else it is a 5-10 min walk from the main road.
Yes, they have a shuttle which runs from the main road to the facility, but it's primarily for the Sauna clients and as such only operates during sauna hours - any other time and you have to walk to the main road or get a taxi to wherever you're going.

:hello2:

TravellerDave
July 22nd, 2012, 12:48
Scottishguy
Yes 1500-2000 is not that expensive when you bear in mind the facilities like the gym pool and sauna that hotel guests use for free. I normally went about 7.30 after taking a baht bus from JomTien but sometimes it was 10 pm when I left and at that time there are few taxis on the main road and they won't stop. It's quite a long walk to where I was staying in Boystown. Last year when I first went I had a rented motor bike and that made the transport easier.
I didn't know they had a shuttle but the walk to the main road is easy.

July 22nd, 2012, 14:01
...I didn't know they had a shuttle but the walk to the main road is easy.

Yes, it's easy for you and it's easy for me, but if a person has difficulty walking or is disabled it would be restricting as (from memory) the shuttle doesn't operate until the afternoon.
That's the only fly in the ointment in what is an excellent hotel/guesthouse - and can be easily overcome by the management - if the will is there.

mstego-old
July 23rd, 2012, 02:54
Lovely sauna. Always have there fun. Sometime with a few guys))

Oliver
July 23rd, 2012, 14:44
The elderly or infirm may well find the walk back to the Jomtien road a strain; it is up-hill after all. The shuttle is a must for them.
However, since the main road was improved, traffic speed has increased enormously and so you need to be reasonably sprightly to cross safely.

None of this should discourage anyone from using an excellent facility.

July 23rd, 2012, 17:26
Me and my bf stayed there for a week last year and was really impressed by it
i thinks thats because Punya the owner really cares about his guests

bruce_nyc
July 24th, 2012, 06:16
What if he could provide a 24 hour shuttle to and from Boyztown and Sunee, on demand, free for hotel guests. It seems like that would be "the killer app" for them. Drop off and pick up, by cellphone call.