PDA

View Full Version : People with HIV looking for sex on gayromeo

witchhunt
July 12th, 2012, 14:37
For a long time I have kept quiet about the people on GR that demand condom free sex. I dont think anybody can claim this is in the best interest of Thais both male and female and it is time that the HIV status of these performers is investigated.

I am aware of the term "HIV breeders" and in Australia there have been jail sentences for several years handed out. I don't accept the ideal, the attitude and believe these people should go to jail.

Khor tose
July 12th, 2012, 14:52
Assuming he has HIV and know he does, and is taking advantage of a poor boy who needs the money, yes he is despicable but criminal? If the boy is over 18 he knows the risk and he is no more stupid then the non HIV farangs who have unprotected sex with go-go boys. The rest of the world may be different, but in America our jails are already overcrowded. Like it or not, this is a consensual crime.

July 12th, 2012, 15:02
Witchunt - What you have posted is all very well and in another thread I mentoned the growing number of young HIV- people apparently advertising that they wish to become infected - but just what exactly are you advocating - an International Pox Police to scour Gay Romeo for people advertising for Condom-Free sex, tracking them down, strapping them to a table and forcibly taking blood samples, then jailing them if found to be HIV+ ?

Certainly in the UK there have been recent criminal convictions where HIV+ persons have deliberately hidden their (known) status and gone on to infect others but how does that equate to people who, as you say, are advertising their HIV+ status on GR :dontknow: - it's completely the opposite.

Given that most country's jails are bursting at the seams - do you think that we ought to have "concentration camps" for people diagnosed with HIV? Or should we just shoot them to prevent them "breeding" as you put it? I can think of no other way to achieve what you seem to want - which seems to be that you want them taken out of circulation in some way :dontknow:

Dani69
July 13th, 2012, 03:58
Farang_top_hiv 25.186cm.85kg . 6'1".187lbs Pattaya & Chon Buri
Sex ? km / ? mi Position Top & Bottom Thailand
I wanna meet only boys that have hiv for hot sex and bb sex, i have nice body and hard cock for thaiboyz

from Gayromeo.

Neal
July 13th, 2012, 05:45
It certainly appears that the guy above has HIV and is looking for an HIV partner. That is certainly better than someone that has HIV adertising to have sex with a neg or a bottom neg looking for a top who wants to give his present.

July 14th, 2012, 15:50
Assuming he has HIV and know he does, and is taking advantage of a poor boy who needs the money, yes he is despicable but criminal? If the boy is over 18 he knows the risk ... Like it or not, this is a consensual crime.

How then do you reproduce? Frankly, your argument sounds like the excuse of a criminal who believes he is not guilty. There are many reasons people are \'willing\' to take the risk of getting infected. The \"poor boy\" in his misery still trusts his partner who deliberately exploits this. It\'s a (criminal) assault on the boy\'s health the boy would never have agreed to.

Farang_top_hiv 25.186cm.85kg . 6\'1\".187lbs Pattaya & Chon Buri
Sex ? km / ? mi Position Top & Bottom Thailand
I wanna meet only boys that have hiv for hot sex and bb sex, i have nice body and hard cock for thaiboyz

To me, this \'advertisement\' conveys only one thing: despair! The poster presents himself as an object who / that is looking for another one he can use and then dispose of. \"In the case above, the infected person may experience even \'hotter sex\' when exploiting the \"poor boy\" but this is as well far away from one\'s original desires rooted in earlier childhood

christianpfc
July 15th, 2012, 02:27
It seems looking for sex without condom or sex under the influence of drugs is regularly posted on gay dating websites. While I don't approve any of them, I just shrug my shoulders when I read such stuff.

However I never saw anyone seeking underage sex on gay dating websites (or elsewhere). So while technically all three (deliberate transmission of HIV, drugs, underage) are illegal, only the first two are regularly encountered on gay dating websites. In Thailand, I have been offered far more underage sex than drugs or sex without condom.

(To avoid any misunderstandings: I disapprove of deliberate transmission of HIV or other STIs, drugs and underage sex.)

Wesley
July 17th, 2012, 00:33
that is not the case in the Philippines anyway, there they are just horny, horny , horny little guys . They like everyone have cases of HIV, its no more common than anyone, one ones you should be careful of are the ones who do not care if you have safe sex or not.

jimnbkk
July 20th, 2012, 02:46
that is not the case in the Philippines anyway, there they are just horny, horny , horny little guys . They like everyone have cases of HIV, its no more common than anyone, one ones you should be careful of are the ones who do not care if you have safe sex or not.

One of my best friends in the Philippines, who, in spite of my hectoring him, refused to use condoms. He found a lot of sex, AIDS, and recently, oblivion. He was an intelligent guy, too.

martin911
July 22nd, 2012, 15:55
My experience of the Phillipines was that everybody i came across (and including many party groups ) was that everybody played safe and all wore condoms --

neoncrusade
July 22nd, 2012, 16:41
I think safe sex can be taken to extremes sometimes.
I met a guy in HK that insisted on wearing a condom just for a bj. Either he was trying to protect me because he knew he had something, or he was trying to protect himself because he thought I looked like a pox raddled old c**t. Who wants to suck on rubber....other than the Michelin Man?

gaymandenmark
July 22nd, 2012, 16:55
It takes two to make a Tango.

witchhunt
July 24th, 2012, 10:52
This is a reflection of a Thai with HIV

Sex, drugs, stigma put Thai transsexuals at HIV risk July 23, 2012 by Aidan Jones in HIV & AIDS From a cafe near the go-go bars of a Bangkok red light district where she campaigns for safe sex, Gigi gives an unvarnished view of how she joined Thailand's growing ranks of transgender people with HIV.

Fish_Pedicure Sex work and injecting drugs left the 40-year-old vulnerable to the disease, which she was diagnosed with six years ago. "Some men used condoms... some didn't. Sometimes the condom broke," she says without rancour of her time turning tricks in Pattaya -- one of the centres of Thailand's flourishing sex industry and home to 3,000 transgenders in tourist season. Soft spoken and slight with a dusting of make-up over her wan face, Gigi cuts an image far from the caricature of the bawdy "Katoey", as Thailand's estimated 180,000 transgenders -- or "ladyboys" -- are known.

But her recollection of life after her diagnosis is still shocking. "I had sex with lots of partners," she says. "I thought I was going to die soon... so I wanted to be happy." Antiretroviral drugs have so far spared Gigi the worst of the sickness, allowing her to leave prostitution to work as an activist, dispensing condoms and safe sex advice to young transgenders in the Thai capital. It is, health campaigners say, an increasingly important job. Gigi's work often takes her to red light districts such as Patpong, an area notorious for its raunchy nightlife, where dozens of transgender prostitutes flit among the sprawl of sex shows, pick-up bars and massage parlours. Infection rates among transgenders are thought to be on the up, as high-risk lifestyles, including prostitution and drug use, and a lack of targeted healthcare take their toll on one of the kingdom's most marginalised groups.

Truvada, a breakthrough HIV prevention pill approved by US regulators this month, is likely to prove too expensive for most Thais at risk of infection when it eventually hits the market. Around 530,000 Thais overall are estimated to be living with HIV, according to a United Nations AIDS study from 2010.

There are no nationwide HIV statistics specific to the "third sex", reflecting what activists say is their position on the fringes of society, but local surveys indicate the illness is rife. Eleven percent of transgenders surveyed in Chonburi -- the province containing Pattaya -- had HIV, soaring to 20 percent among those aged 29 or over, local government figures released this year found. It chimes with a stark regional view given by a United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) report published in May.

That study said HIV prevalence rates among transgenders across the Asia-Pacific could be as high as 49 percent -- albeit from scattered and often small-scale research -- a frequency that "far exceeds the general population". Sex work, drugs and stigma collude with a lack of healthcare to push many of the region's third sex population to the "social, economic and legal" margins, the study added. Thailand-based activists say things are getting worse as young transgenders edge into sex work and fail to undergo regular testing -- a quarter of 300 transgenders questioned in Pattaya in 2009 had never taken an HIV test. "It's not a passing trend... if things go on unaddressed the problem is going to become a lot more severe," says Alex Duke of PSI, a global health organisation which led that survey and also runs clinics tailored to transgenders.

Chaotic lifestyles compound the challenges of HIV diagnosis and treatment, he explains, with many among the community focused on making money to support themselves or undergo expensive hormone treatment and sex-change surgery. "HIV is also just one of a whole range of risks transgender people encounter every day," he adds, referring in particular to the threat of violence against sex workers. -- 'Sex work is the only way to make money" -- Infection rates are intertwined with the wider issue of discrimination, according to transgender researcher and activist Prempreeda Pramoj Na Ayutthaya, who says health services, education and job opportunities routinely fail to reach the community. While Thailand's famously permissive attitude affords a cultural space to the third sex, the law still refuses to recognise their new sexual identity, rooting discrimination in the kingdom's bureaucracy. "Nobody will hit a transgender person in the street or abuse them, but it is still hard to get a decent job," Prempreeda explains.

"Many transgender people find that sex work is the only way to make a small amount of money and maintain their identity." Travails begin early, with transgenders often rejected by their families and schools, decimating their employment prospects later on. The result, she says, is social immobility and high numbers of transgenders working in prostitution or cabarets, which sometimes blur the lines between entertainment and sex work. Duke says he encounters a dearth of "long-term aspiration or sense of consequence" among many transgenders, and worryingly his group has found rising HIV rates among younger people, suggesting risky behaviour is intensifying.

One solution is to direct resources specifically at transgenders in an effort to diagnose and treat those with HIV, prevent new infections and build a more detailed picture of how the illness is hitting the community. But responsibility also falls on the community to make sexual health a priority, something it is increasingly well organised to do. As she prizes open a tin box and heaps her daily prescription of pills into a palm, Gigi says her community is ready to address the problem as long as services recognise their unique gender identity. "There are a lot of young people in trouble like I was," she says. "But we can help them. Just treat us like people." (c) 2012 AFP

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-07-s ... s.html#jCp (http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-07-sex-drugs-stigma-thai-transsexuals.html#jCp)