PDA

View Full Version : Good Feedback will be Appreciated

SlaveDriver
July 12th, 2012, 09:30
Hi Guys

Planning to be both in Bangkok and Pattaya soon. I would appreciate some feedback:

Bangkok :

Best Bars down Soi Twilight and the quality of selection - more towards slim, tall and fair skinned

Other crusing areas - Host Bars, Malls, Parks etc.

Good quaity entertainment where there lots of rice-queens

Any Izan shows in town

Good Discos, Karoke joints where rice queens in plenty

Pattaya same as above

Thanks

:party

Marsilius
July 12th, 2012, 12:37
Have I been getting the (admittedly rather ugly and dated) terminology wrong for years?

I and my acquaintances have always used the term "rice queen" for a westerner whose preference is for Asians. The much more rarely heard term for an Asian looking for westerners (which I am guessing from the context that you are seeking) is, by parallel logic, a "potato queen".

If I am incorrect in the terminology - or if you really do want to be in a karaoke bar surrounded by other like-minded westerners rather than by cute Asians - I apologise in advance!

witchhunt
July 12th, 2012, 14:19
Why does he not read the forums like most people do. If he is planning a holiday, he has to do his own research surely.

kittyboy
July 12th, 2012, 15:17
Maybe he is Asian and likes sticky rice as well as the odd rice queen.

A few years ago I met an Asian guy who was visiting Pattaya from Europe. He had lousy luck meeting white guys in Europe and decided to go to Pattaya and try to hook up with the sex tourist rice queen set. He was giving it away..actually I think he might have been willing to pay. I was not willing to receive payment but that is another story.

Maybe he has returned with broader tastes that now include asian guys.
Just a thought...I do love the wide and varied sexual tastes and behavior that individuals evidence.

Manforallseasons
July 12th, 2012, 17:34
Why does he not read the forums like most people do. If he is planning a holiday, he has to do his own research surely.

The problem with researching the most obvious posts, trip reports, is they are often unreliable because of the OP's own bias and agenda and frankly some are just totally false!

For example this pic might be an encouragement for some to visit here and others might not share their perspective.

SlaveDriver
July 13th, 2012, 10:29
Ignored

:party

kittyboy
July 13th, 2012, 14:03
I always just wander around and check out the scene but maybe others can give you specific bar names.

July 13th, 2012, 14:23
Before i went to Thailand first time..i looked at online gay guides for Bkk and pattaya....i allso got a general guide book for thailand....and when you stay in any hotel there will be plenty of leaflets for things to do and free Magazines like OUT and THAI PUAN...also online.....when your there most people will be glad to tell you

pong
July 13th, 2012, 17:14
frankly, there is not really a simple yes or no answer-as so often happens with things TH.
Soi Hotmail has 5-6 bars, and they do not really all have some special niche in type of boys-just peek inside and then invest that precious drink-price in what seems to offer best. Plus: what nr 1 describes as best yesterday may be the worst tomorrow-boys move, go home, new ones get on, etc. No real rocket-science.
There is just 1 popular disco in BKK since many years- DJ station, soi 2, silom.
Its Isan-and there are Isany shows all over BKK with not really that much to differ between them. Again-plainly: only fun when you go with a Isany boy who knows the ropes. Then simply pick the closest by-he will know-as its useless to travel all over BKk becse some one said''this one is better'' years ago.
listing sites all suffer from same problems: unupdated, private ideas, hidden advertising, etc. try utopia-asia, gayscout, nickysgaybangkok, dreadedned, mangosociety, gthai.net (Thai), etc.

paulg
July 13th, 2012, 18:37
Lets be frank this expert on Pattaya gay scene has been sending official notes on how the place is to survive.

To me that indicates he knows best as to what makes Pattaya tick and what makes it succeed.

WTF is he asking others to select or make recommendations for Bangkok, when his emminence should use his experience to find out for himself.