PDA

View Full Version : Bally's suites Silom, Bkk.

newalaan
July 9th, 2012, 22:50
Just a quick word about this hotel. Stayed there a couple of nights on a recent visit to give it a try on one of my two Bkk stays this last trip instead of the usual Tarntawan, and was very pleased with it. The price was Bt1550 per night for a standard room, booked on their website with card to guarantee and paid cash on arrival. Room was a bit bigger than i had been expecting reading other reviews. It is right next door to the Soi 2 clubs, couple steps up from the silom pavement to the ground floor reception which has lift right next to it to the 7/8 floors. Had flat sceeen TV, nice shower, in-room coffee/tea making, all furniture/bedding looked very new, free WiFi, my rate included breakfast which was at their coffee bar on the 7th floor....nothing special, but adequate, scrambled eggs, ham, toast, croissants, fruit, coffee, cerials etc.. used it on the morning i checked out as i had to be on the go early.

Obviously ideal for Sala Daeng BTS, and tons of taxis right outside the door. It's location was just too handy for Silom soi4 and Soi 2 clubs to be bothered heading to Rachada/elsewhere for fun on a 2-day stopover this time. Will def stay here again, have booked for Sept/Oct at almost same rate, now Bt1610 for standard, but i've booked Suite at Bt2024 this time. Definitely recommended.

Beachlover
August 19th, 2012, 23:39
Yep... I agree, the location's mighty convenient.

I stayed here a few times in the first year that it opened (2007 or 2008, I think) when it was brand new and loved it. I wonder if the fittings have deteriorated much since then...

It's not the sort of hotel you don't want to spend any of your waking hours in though. Fairly comfortable, modern, good place to sleep, clean, good internet and great location but almost no natural light and no amenities, other than a cafe breakfast thing on one of the higher levels.

lukylok
August 20th, 2012, 02:09
It's not the sort of hotel you don't want to spend any of your waking hours in though. Fairly comfortable, modern, good place to sleep, clean, good internet and great location but almost no natural light and no amenities, other than a cafe breakfast thing on one of the higher levels.

make up your mind : it's either : "It's not the sort of hotel you want to....."
or
"It's the sort of hotel you don't want to......"

Beachlover
August 20th, 2012, 20:44
Sorry, yes... I meant "it's not the sort of hotel you want to"