PDA

View Full Version : Room deoderiser

zubes
July 8th, 2012, 04:50
Without breaking any rules has anyone experience with bring in " room deoderisers " through customs?

dab69
July 8th, 2012, 10:22
never been stopped by customs on the way into TH.

what I would be worried about would be carrying it through xray scanners
and explaining it earlier, being a flammable nitrite

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 11:03
When I used to manufacture them in the USA, we used to make up one label called Jim Diamond brand and label that it contained Anerobic Stabilizer Resin
which was a brownish liquid that if inhaled got you dizzy. The great part is that it was not illegal nor flammable, IF you looked it up. Of course the same old good liquid was in it. Ah the the good old days. Some are sold on the beach by massage and video boys and some are sold elsewhere.

gregvc
July 8th, 2012, 11:51
Malebox suana near Central Rama 2 sells deodorizer for 900 baht.

zubes
July 8th, 2012, 12:51
My reason for asking is I am in England on holiday and they are available at three for ┬г10 considerably cheaper than the beach where they want 1500!baht for one. I would put them in my hold luggage and just wondered if I would encounter problems if searched bybcustoms on the way out of swampy

fountainhall
July 8th, 2012, 14:14
just wondered if I would encounter problems
Should your suitcase be opened, customs would certainly seize it. If you had three, they might argue that you had an intention to sell at least two. That might be more difficult to explain away! I did find a nice deodoriser in New York which I placed inside a shoe and then stuffed it with a sock. I had no trouble leaving the US and I have never been stopped in well over 100 entries of the LOS. I reckoned it was worth the risk.

Someone once told me they would find a small deodoriser, strip off the label, buy a nasal spray in a box, junk the spray and put in the deodoriser, which was then put into a largish sponge bag with all sorts of toiletries.

July 8th, 2012, 15:29
I work on the hide on plain view logic in that they are perfectly legal in the uk so I peel off the label and throw it into my wash bag - end of ! And if anyone asks what it is I tell them - end of ! And if they want to take it do be it and I'll shrug my shoulders sand say I bought it in a shop on the high street and use it all the time so why "wouldn't " I put it in my wash bag with everything else. So far I've never being stopped anyway so it's never come up.

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 16:15
Every trip I used to bring in about 20 and I used to divide them up with different things I had purchased from the US. Toiletries were the best. Not shoe with paper as if they see it, it becomes suspicious because you are trying to hide something. Same goes for stripping off the label but I guess that's better if they say flammable. The company I sold it to in the USA puts them out as nail polish remover. Couple of those and a bottle or two of nail polish (clear) would work in a toiletries bag. If you want them in the USA he bought my old company ... Picture Brite Corp and has a website. www.picturebrite.com (http://www.picturebrite.com) Buy the large bottle as the small is an easily recognizeable bottle. also dont get a well known name brand. They are all the same, just the labels are different. :sign5:

joe552
July 8th, 2012, 16:32
I'm obviously missing something here, but what? :dontknow:

joe552
July 8th, 2012, 16:56
thanks for PMs which answered my question - this surely is a very educational forum :notworthy:

July 8th, 2012, 16:58
Around a hotel bar table in Prague some 12/13yrs ago , I was kindly allowed to sample Neals "private label" - i.e. the real stuff as opposed to what he sent to the shops :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
As the song goes - "Yes! I remember it well...."
Of course the miserable bastard wouldn't part with any - i was only allowed an all-too-brief noseful :sign5:

I then realised that what was on general sale in the UK was complete shit and only fit for removing stains from your shoes (in fact I recall one manufacturer labelled their product as "leather-stain remover" to get round the law and it was probably close to the truth.

Since then, of course, law changes in Europe have twice forced the formulation to be weakened even further.
What is now being sold in the UK at ┬г5 or 3 for ┬г10 is watered down industrial solvent and the only lasting effect you will get from it is a headache and, with long-term use, emphysema.

But to get back to the topic - I wouldn't consider taking the risk of bringing it into Thailand, it is readily available as Neal says and why risk potentially very serious consequences just to save a few $$ :dontknow: :dontknow:

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 17:04
Why thank you Scottish. Yes, the formula that is available from people I can possibly get you in touch with is far superior than anything sold anywhere in the world. I surely don't remember this rendevous Scottish! Now I am perplexed again!

TOQ
July 8th, 2012, 17:12
Why thank you Scottish. Yes, the formula that is available from people I can possibly get you in touch with is far superior than anything sold anywhere in the world. I surely don't remember this rendevous Scottish! Now I am perplexed again!

That is understandable because you , like me, can not remember yesterday :)

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 17:16
Hell! When I sit and talk to you, you tell me that I forgot something you said within the last HOUR! remember your words? "You really aren't paying attention to me!". I guess the body goes and then it's the mind. Well I have an excuse my love. Maybe it was the stroke that put the mind on a semi - vacation!
Have pity unto me!!! :sign5:

TOQ
July 8th, 2012, 17:26
Pity, I think not. You were that way before the stroke. :laughing3:

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 17:31
KNUNT!

July 8th, 2012, 18:28
??? Is that the brand name of new fragrance out perhaps ?? If so I for one won't be buying it :-((

July 8th, 2012, 18:58
??? Is that the brand name of new fragrance out perhaps ?? If do I for one won't be buying it :-((

I can't believe that KNUNT! is the name of a new fragrance - sounds fishy to me.

anonone
July 9th, 2012, 08:36
Ok...just back in the US now and catching up a bit. I have to ask, what exactly is going on in your rooms that there is such discussion about room deodorizers? :dontknow:

Is this a fetish thing or perhaps a bout of the Bangkok belly. :sign5:

Whatever the cause, I hope you find what you need to take care...

:laughing3:

And yes, I do know what you are talking about, but after reading the thread it cracked me up.....

Neal
July 9th, 2012, 08:58
Oh you are home already :crybaby:
I hope you had a good time and b/f kept you feeling good. See you again my friend.

anonone
July 9th, 2012, 09:15
Well, not quite home yet...but getting closer. I hate the airlines more with each trip by the way.

BF was great, as usual. Maybe I will start a thread with a trip report, now that I seem to have some time on my hands.

And yes, see you again soon my friend.