View Full Version : RUN OFF VOTES HERE PLEASE IN CATEGORIES ONE & THREE

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 03:45
OK the votes are in and in categories 1 & 3 we have ties that we now need to vote on to break those ties!
REMEMBER!! You need to vote once in each category above! Vote once for a picture in Category one and once in category 3

Please look again at the pictures and vote below! Good luck.

joe552
July 8th, 2012, 04:07
I may not be the brightest here, but is there a way of seeing the photos without having to write down the number then go back to the original post? seems a very time consuming process to me

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 04:14
Not really as I have posted the picture links right below.

DamienZ
July 8th, 2012, 07:08
Oh man..I really need to knockoff the recreational opium(only joking of course)-see i just take a nap and look what happens! I miss the photo contest. But Kudos to all the entries they were all such yummy photoтАЩs and it is really great to feel the family vibe on SGT. Guess I will catch the next one. ThatтАЩs what I get for being a temperamental perfectionist art-ist :crybaby:

Good to be back and to see you are all still here (in the flesh I guess).
Glad you are recovered Boss and trust you are doing well.

PS: I am re-re-editing my pics. :dontknow:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OO-k5itLrHQ

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 07:20
Yes, I was surprised at some of the winning photos and several of my choices did not win but all were very very good! I thank everyone's participation and I believe it brings us more together.

PS. Very soon we will be starting our next photo contest but to make it easier and less complicated (we learn from Our mistakes don't we (?) we will have one category per contest. Any way the NEXT contest which will begin soon will be our family friends....... our pets. Get those photos ready and yes you can take pictures of your friends pets if you have none. All of you may make suggestions if we should make three contests, cats, dogs and other.

fountainhall
July 8th, 2012, 11:26
A lot of thanks due here. To DaBoss for thinking of the idea and coming up with such an interesting and extensive contest. To those who took part with some great photos (I've got to go and see that waterfall, and I'd adore to spend an evening with two or three of those gorgeous guys in Category 3! :party ). To those who took the time and trouble to view them and vote. I am grateful that I was a winner. As I said in an earlier thread, I'm happy to have DaBoss donate my winnings to a charity - perhaps the Pattaya Street Kids organisation.

thailuv
July 8th, 2012, 15:49
Dont mean to rain on your parade but posts relating to the contest have now occupied the top half of the forum thank to being stickys. This has been a huge turn off for me from reading the forum. Of course 99% of the forum probably disagrees with me but I for one was praying for this contest to come to an end so we can get back to normal reading.

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 16:20
Well to tell ya the truth, I was hoping for a quick end also. I started four contests and cound not cut it down as they all had entries. Now as far as it continuing for one week, it's down from 4 to 2 so it has to be smaller than before. also if you saw a previous post, the next contest will have ONE category which means it will be 25% of what it was this last time.
not to rain on YOUR parade but by the views it did seem many people looked at it and liked it but we have to get it smaller. :idea1:

Also a question. Where did you go to school? The first page has 52 posts and the contest takes up 7 posts, HARDLY 1/2 the first page. Seems like about 10 - 12% to me:scratch:

TOQ
July 8th, 2012, 16:32
A lot of thanks due here. To DaBoss for thinking of the idea and coming up with such an interesting and extensive contest. To those who took part with some great photos (I've got to go and see that waterfall, and I'd adore to spend an evening with two or three of those gorgeous guys in Category 3! :party ). To those who took the time and trouble to view them and vote. I am grateful that I was a winner. As I said in an earlier thread, I'm happy to have DaBoss donate my winnings to a charity - perhaps the Pattaya Street Kids organisation.

Excellent suggestion about Pattaya Street Kids and if I should win anything I will do the same

thailuv
July 8th, 2012, 17:33
Well to tell ya the truth, I was hoping for a quick end also. I started four contests and cound not cut it down as they all had entries. Now as far as it continuing for one week, it's down from 4 to 2 so it has to be smaller than before. also if you saw a previous post, the next contest will have ONE category which means it will be 25% of what it was this last time.
not to rain on YOUR parade but by the views it did seem many people looked at it and liked it but we have to get it smaller. :idea1:

Also a question. Where did you go to school? The first page has 52 posts and the contest takes up 7 posts, HARDLY 1/2 the first page. Seems like about 10 - 12% to me:scratch:

Its really a reflex reaction because every time we log onto the forum you look at the top posts as a habit because those are the most recent posts so when I suddenly have to scroll down to get to the "real" topics it is quite annoying. Once again as I have said I'm probably alone in this but my feeling are exacerbated by the fact that after such a long time of this photo contest dragging on and on. The fact that you have to make them stickys aside from ease of access is probably testament to the fact that they would not have lasted long in that position on the forum anyway. Of course its your forum and you can do whatever u want no one is forcing me to log in so I will just come back when the photo contest is over if it annoys me this much :angryfire:

TOQ
July 8th, 2012, 17:42
Why not try what I do. I have the bookmark set to go straight to "View New Posts" You don't see them unless someone has posted

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 17:46
I will try to remember to send you a PM before I sticky something to make sure it meets with your approval. :bootyshake:
Thank you TOQ, I guess he doesn't know how to do that as well as figure out was is the difference between 10% and 50%.

Thai Dyed
July 8th, 2012, 18:20
All this hullabaloo over something that garnered a total of only 14 votes?

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 18:28
I guess the point was that it was something different. an attempt. I think there were too many categories but the end result was that it was viewed by almost 12,000 people!! Forget 14 votes. 12,000 views! and it was at an expense of 18,000 baht some of which is being donated to charities according to posters. To me that makes it successful but with some minor tweaks.

thailuv
July 8th, 2012, 19:27
lol Boss please dont take offense I perfectly understand the reason behind the contest. If it was my forum I probably would have done the same. It has a lot more to do with the duration of the contest than the contest itself. And yes I was deliberately exaggerating when I sad half.

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 19:34
No offense really, I am over it. It was too long as you said and too many categories. First time things hardly ever go as planned. I am happy but knew I was going to get reamed by someone about it eventually but after now thought I was safe. Yes, I am going to have more contests. 12,000 views is a shit load of views! But next time ONE category and certainly less time so it goes quicker. We live and learn. Suggestions are always welcome from you and others.

The next one will be in about a month so start getting your pics ready. I think I want pets. Yours, your friends. The only thing I am not sure about and to make it quicker and less photos is that the first will be dogs, the next maybe cats and the next everything else. All pets might be too big.

christianpfc
July 9th, 2012, 03:44
Luckily, as a participant I have good reason to abstain from voting. Next time, simpler rules please.

12,000 views! and it was at an expense of 18,000 baht some of which is being donated to charities according to posters. To me that makes it successful but with some minor tweaks.

Wait a moment! If I understand correctly, you sponsored this contest, so the money comes from your pocket? There is a shorter way to support charities: you can give it directly to them.

Neal
July 9th, 2012, 08:44
The money goes to the participants. I the participants want to donate that is strictly up to them. I never suggested what to do with it.
Also what rules could be simpilar?? That you have to post them in the galley and 2 pics per entry? That was all!