PDA

View Full Version : A few general notes/updates from a recent Pattaya visit.

newalaan
July 6th, 2012, 22:24
Even at this time of year Pattaya has plenty of available boys EVERYWHERE.

If you can't find a suitable partner for the night in the Boyztown or Sunee agogos, barbeer/host bars, late night clubs and karaokes, then there is always the place I find you are almost guaranteed to hook-up between the hours of 1.20am and 3am and that is the eateries along Wat Chai. Never failed to get al least 3-4 approaches every time i went there. Also some nights had 2 or 3 phone numbers handed to me, that was without me making any approaches or indications that i was interested in anyone. Even with my bf with me I had approaches when standing alone and tel numbers given to me. Not only that, some of the boys were real cuties, if i was not already 'attached' would have found heaps of boys attractive to me. Some very nice and polite guys only asking if i was alone or going on to a club or if i was 'lonely' tonight.

Bars/Agogos.
I still visit the occassional agogo for a bit of fun or a show or to catch up with guys I have known over the years. Never go to take off boys nowadays though. Went to a few in Boyztown before hitting the clubs 2 or 3 nights. No change in Funny boys, still too soft music for me, but plenty of guys available.

Toy Boys was the surprise of the trip, went to say hello to a guy we knew had just started working there and found a very busy bar with quite a few customers, especially asian and 20+ boys of which there were quite a few cuties. Good interaction from the boys on the stage, joking etc.. good fun visit that was. I have known the masasan and waiters there for years so it was good to see an 'upturn' in fortunes for them there even in low season.
Enjoyed Wild West Boys show, different to the 'normal' show offerings and although not too many agogo guys they seemed to have good attitude.
Enjoyable too was Happy Place (and not only because Da Boss has an interest)....but it is consistantly very good. Good range of boy-types, good show, and lots of fun.
Soi 1 pattayland only went to Cupidol and it had a few customers and boys, ok for a stop-by.

The Copa show was 'standard fare' as was BzBzBz offering. But both places quite busy in the first shows. BzBzBz still seems to haul-in plenty of bodies...mainly asian but still good atmosphere. I only go there as my bf likes to catch the show (god knows why) and we like to catch up with Carla the mamasan. The agogo boys here still aging and wholly unattractive (to me).

Sat at Oscars, Panorama and All Star bar (formely Thong) while waiting for friends to go onto the clubs and always good service with a smile and a joke while you take in the view. Still lots of characters going around. Nothing really new or exceptional to say about Boyztown...it is what it is. Much less eastern-bloc customers than I have noticed in the past.

Still enjoy my early evening stroll to the Sunee host/beer bars before going out at night. Any time between 4-7pm always easy, laid back atmosphere and fair prices. I do miss Corner Bar, i used to love their coffee and decently tasting drinks, the lady-boys management and waiters before it was sold were always great company and good for local, club info etc.. never pushy. A big miss for sunee.

As for the others....All Of Me still good for a stop, New Queens has good funny waiters and free-lancers to chat with, again never pushy for drinks etc.. Yaya was busy every time i stopped by, monthly cocktail special very good and excellent value at 90 baht alsways enjoyable there...so too was Sky bar opposite. Further down the same soi I stopped by All Of Me 2, massage/bar and had a massage there after a few nights clubbing. Only Bt200 for one hour full oil massage. Rooms very nice with aircon and new shower cabinets in-room. Nice calm decor and lighting as well as large fluffy towels. excellent experience. Wish i had tried there earlier in my Pattaya visit, would have definitely gone back.

Visited 4 of the Sunee agogos....Nice Boys usual mix of boys and fun...very busy. Mic My too was busy and plenty of boys and customers with quite a few 'offs' in the 20 or so minutes i was there. Murphy's Magic agogo was also open and next door to New Queens bar so I popped in. About 15 boys there of which 2-3 were very cute. A couple of 'official' looking guys arrived and started to inspect the certificates on the wall and ask the manager questions, however NONE of the boys left the stage quickly and the waiter said all was ok with paperwork and all boys def over 18, which i think was proved by their not being bothered about the 'officials' and continuing to dance on and interact with the few customers in the bar, however the longer the 'officilas' were there the less comfortable it was for me so I left. Dropped by Krazy Dragon for the birthday party and it was good fun with plenty of boys and customers, and this is when Krazy Dragon is at it's best....I passed by a few days later mid-evening the door and curtain open and I could see it was very quiet, the doorman said only 3-4 boys inside.

Not much changed from previous trip 3 months ago around Sunee except that the numbers of Middle Eastern guys is still on the increase, many of which look unhealthily skinny or unhealthily overweight/fat/blubbery. And still far too many 'in charge' of large motorcycles they seem to find difficult to control, and go far too fast in confined areas....complete fuckin nutters some of them.

Many afternoons had breakfast at Jomtien Dongtan beach, fairly busy, nice sea breeze to sit and enjoy a coffee, bite to eat and a cool beer. Sometimes followed that with a visit to Bondi, consistantly nice place, reasonable prices. Still find Jomtien Complex an excellent place to visit early evening. Again plenty of nice welcoming waiters at the gay bars there, Question Mark, L&N, 2 Faces, Dolce Vita, Hideaway and Ganymede. Often surprise shows and birhtday parties with guest singers and food at one of these bars, as there was on my last visit 3 months ago and also on this one. Question Mark had a big birthday party, with BBQ pig, and the singers from Tam Nan Issan guesting. Big crowd and many young friends of the birthday boy turning up to enjoy the fun and flirt with the farang customers. Hidewaya also had one on another evening. Never see any asian customers at these bars. it is unusually, almost 100% farang.

Still, a week in Pattaya and you can't fail to have a great time, still most fun anywhere in the world crushed in per square mile. Noticed a vast increase in Indians this time. We popped into one of the lady agogos for a bit of fun one night off Walking Street, to find cheap drinks, tons of interaction and fun, and now Indians seemingly welcomed inside, some buying the cheap draft beer some only cokes, but i did notice the girls keeping their distance from groups of Indians and concentrating totally on farangs and asians of which there were plenty. Big turnover in customers in these bars, 3-4 guys drop in, have one drink, fun around with the girls for 15 mins then off to the next one. We knew one of the waitresses so we were there for about an hour, the traffic was steady and large, the incomes must be huge in these bars and i could only see generous farangs giving out tips and drinks and obviously going for a good time without worrying about the bar tab, so different from the gay-orientated bars.

All observations from my own angle of things of course, and as usual far too long.

Manforallseasons
July 7th, 2012, 03:04
All observations from my own angle of things of course, and as usual far too long.(quote)newalaan

I live near and visit Sunee very often, I imagine you are speaking of another Sunee.

newalaan
July 9th, 2012, 22:24
Further down the same soi I stopped by All Of Me 2, massage/bar and had a massage there after a few nights clubbing. Only Bt200 for one hour full oil massage. Rooms very nice with aircon and new shower cabinets in-room. Nice calm decor and lighting as well as large fluffy towels. excellent experience. Wish i had tried there earlier in my Pattaya visit, would have definitely gone back.Have had a couple PM's about Allofme2 massage place. It is next to Krazy Dragon and just to say that oil/cream massage is normally Bt350 but from 6pm-9.30pm or 6.30pm-9pm can't quite remember which, it is on 'special' at Bt200. If you have a drink first or later they just pop the massage bill into your bin. I was told they employ 8 masseurs but not all on duty at same time, but they do also have book to choose a masseur which i assume they will contact to come fairly quickly.

As described above the small private rooms are very nice, it is a raised massage table as opposed to matress-on-the-floor types. Their info booklet also advises a minimum tip of Bt500, i assume that is with extras. Also nice waiting staff and manager here, very polite, it was they who directed me the the massage details but without any pressure to partake. If you pay Bt200 for massage at one of the Day/Night open room/curtained off types of massage I would say the Bt200 special with private room, shower cabinet and aircon is a much better offer.

I live near and visit sunee very often, I imagine you are speaking of another sunee In which regard would that be? The Sunee i speak of is one observed NOT through the bottom of an empty gin bottle, however please counter the specific details of the bars I mentioned with your own 'experiences'. Remember, when you are stumbling around Sunee at 2am the bars are not quiet due to lack of customers...they are actually closed...maybe you just have'nt noticed yet. But during normal bar hours is Corner Bar not closed or devoid of customers? Do Yaya, Sky, New Queens not have pleasant waiters and are nice places which are normally fairly steady? Are Micmy and Nice Boys not busy with both customers and boys? Maybe you are bitter about being 'stuck' permanently having to 'live near' sunee, surrounded by middle eastern nutters on motorbikes, whereas many of us are able to visit for a set peroid of time and then leave when we have had enough. Try offering up something positive and helpful for a change instead of your usual snarky lines.

stkyricesf
July 9th, 2012, 22:52
Thank you for a great and positive update. I won't be there until October, but good to hear an upbeat report. :party

arsenal
July 10th, 2012, 10:09
Thanks. A very good report. I had as much fun on my last trip to Pattaya in March as I did on my first in 2004, and indeed will on my next.

anonone
July 11th, 2012, 00:03
Corner bar has been closed for a week or so. Conflicting information if closed for good, or just a couple weeks...

Latest info is YaYa no longer for sale. Ya changed his mind and will continue to run the bar.

I was in Pattaya last week and Newalan's report matches with my observations. It is low season, but there is plenty of activity and fun to be had.

Thai Dyed
July 11th, 2012, 00:10
Your bottle of whatever must have been empty as the Corner Bar is closed and is for sale

That comment of his about the Corner Bar made me suspicious of his entire report. On second thought, maybe you were right when you said he was in a different Sunee.

martin911
July 15th, 2012, 04:20
Tonite i found myself with an hour or so to spare after dinner whilst waiting for my little demon to finish making himself "cute " as he calls it in the hair salon (this is a gay guy who does not look nor act Toot , will have ABS nothing to do with toot guys sexually but sees nothing tootish (if there were such word 55 ) with going and having his hair cut/set etc etc almost EVERY day --go figure :scratch: :scratch: -and was doing this from when he was 14/15 yo every day before school the spoilt little brat :love4:

So i found myself at Tukom with time on my hands -- so having read a few conflicting posts in this topic decided to have a look at a few bars -
First i went to Sunne --stopped at Sky bar and ordered a G&T -first surprise-- i was offered a choice of 3 gins!!! Second surprise was the checkbin -100b for a tang tonic
This bar is very modern and clean ,attentive but not overly in your face waiters - perfect for a spot of people watching
First thing that struck me was all the boys -- plenty of them in the open bars and mingling in the soi !! --not a huge amount of Farang in fairness but still that soi was a little hive of activity -and the Corner bar beside me was open --but was not busy

I strolled my way down the other soi of sunne - -plenty of boys at all the bars it seemed --i was going to go into Murphys Magic but the place looked closed so i hopped on to a taxi to Btown
Stopped in Xboys - !! 200 baht for G&T (yes i know they have shows but i did not have time to wait to see-phone call from The demon put paid to that --how in hell did he know i was there 555)
They have taken over the former David bar across the soi where the same G&T can be had for 160b -
Passed my way through BT (No sign of DB outside tonite at approx 12.30 ) but the few boys looked fit
The old Amor spot (now Thong ) looked a little busy and practically ALL tables at panorama were taken --but ALL tables at Oscars were empty -fickle crowd ??
And the gentleman I and Neal spoke about in another thread recently ( Neal remembered him with his entourage of boys eating on the terraces of Cafe R)
Well he was there again this evening with 5 very fit looking guys (it was only early in the nite for him i suppose ) and looking like he was having a lot of fun !!
To me this evening there were plenty of guys/activity in Sunne( mostly all new faces to me as i am an infrequent visitor ) so i would mabye suggest to man/seasons to take a small holiday away from Pattaya !! and when you return perhaps you might not sound so jaded all the time re Sunne

I would have to agree with NewA opening line on this topic - boys everywhere yes (barwise ) BUT the clubs are Not so busy later in the nite !!
Prehaps that is down to lower number of farangs around -- so less money for the boys to go out later :dontknow:

colmx
July 15th, 2012, 05:45
Prehaps that is down to lower number of farangs around -- so less money for the boys to go out later :dontknow:
Don't worry... i will be back soon and help the local economy!
Being stuck in dublin at the moment... i would Happily pay 10,000B for a good night in Dave and Stepup!
As lomg as Martin is not there scooping up all the boys! :3some: :3some:

martin911
July 15th, 2012, 06:10
Nope havnt been doing that for the longest while (except for last nite with that Facebook Friend :bounce: )