PDA

View Full Version : Baan Dok Mai and Mosaik, Pattaya.

newalaan
July 4th, 2012, 16:47
Just a quick few comments/updates on Baan Dok Mai and Mosaik accommodations in Pattaya. I know I always make comments on them after trips but it's good to update to know/advise if standards are being kept-up or deteriorating and for info for potential newbies.

Stayed in Baan Dok Mai for 3 nights at the start on my visit to Thailand, if it wasn't for the fact my bf prefers the large accommodation at Mosiak where you can do your own cooking and is perfect for having friends round, i would stay at Baan Dok Mai longer. The quality of the rooms is consistantly very good never going down hill as you see in other guesthouses/hotels after a few years...Warwick the owner is a great host and has kept good standards there. I had a top floor room which is very large, with large screen TV and DVD...balcony, tea/coffee in room....for Bt850. Ok there is no lift...but there is always one of the young waiters on hand to help with luggage. I personally don't mind using the stairs...a lift is never a necessary for me...I use stairs wherever i can back home too, just for exercise more than anything else.

Also has room safe and large comfy bed...after 7-8pm you have your own key to get in and out. Also used the connected restaurant and the food was very good, i saw many Thai and farang come in there for food everyday. So just to say.....Baan Dok Mai still highly recommended.

So too for Mosaik for a longer stay of one week or more....there was talk of this place going downhill after the farang owner passed away...but no! the standards are still top class. The Prestige Studio we had again has even had the huge luxurious sofas exchanged for new versions of the same, they are not going to pay out to refurbish if they do not intend to keep Mosiak going. Also noticed an improvement in the shower water power, and no temp fluctuations. We had microwave, 2 ring cooker and utensils DVD,large TV, large fridge, small dining table/2 chairs as well as the large sofa and two large sofa chairs. It worked out at about Bt900 per day including water/electricity (and we had the aircon on 16 hours a day) and the final Bt300 room clean. Great for entertaining, we had friends round most nights and with the balcony lit at night it was a nice ambiance. Bf likes to cook his own food, and cook for friends the Issan stuff they like back home. So Mosaik still highly recommended too!

joe552
July 4th, 2012, 17:07
I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I stayed in a studio apartment in Mosaik (across from main building) during my recent trip. I was very impressed with the standard - although the lack of a lift was an issue (especially late at night after the bars). But I highly recommend them and will use again. My total bill for 13 nights was тВм185 - excellent value and a great location.

July 4th, 2012, 17:57
On my last trip i stayed at mosaik...and was very pleased with the accomadation.....so ive booked it again for dec as i've been told it gets booked up fast in dec/jan

July 4th, 2012, 18:51
I literally just rang mosaik two minutes ago and as I'm going to
Leave Bangkok booked myself in from tomorrow, bring low season they must have plenty of rooms as Nok said "just come, room no problem" without my even talking about room type etc so after a hectic 5 full on nights in bkk it'll be good to get to
Pattaya for rest - HA who am I trying to kid !!! Lol

joe552
July 4th, 2012, 19:27
good to hear you're still alive, NIrish Guy. enjoy your sweet sherry with Neal when you get to Pattaya :occasion9:

newalaan
July 7th, 2012, 04:40
Leave Bangkok booked myself in from tomorrowJust a small note- Don't know if you are planning to stay long enough to, or need to use a Laundry facility, but this trip our usual laundry just round the corner from Mosaik had closed down, so I used the Mosaik laundry which was fine and reasonable, but they close on Sundays and close 5pm sharp daily if you need your stuff for going out that night, as we found out on returning from an afternoon at Jomtien. My old laundry used to be open every day till 8pm so i could pick up and drop off any time of day.

Enjoy your Pattaya stay, we had a great time there last week. Large amount of available guys with a small customer base to service.

Shuee
July 12th, 2012, 02:33
i stayed in rooms across from office & notice some concerning things on a return trip. (above bordeaux restuarant)

Looks like some of the rooms had been burgled as doors were kicked/smashed in, as you could see some of the panels on them cracked & replaced in white mastic sealant, which stood out easily as the doors are black. Some poor guy had to put a towel at the top of his door to stop the lobby light coming in at night, as he door was all bent inwards. I then thought to check the safe as this is what they would have wanted mainly, it was half hanging off the wall with only 1 bolt, might as well been not on the wall at all! my guess is the burglars were interrupted or this safe was taking too long to remove.
i then thought how they could get in, & on the stair ways is the answer! The large sliding windows left open all day & maybe just closed at night but not locked, & theres a small roof here & structure to climb up on, so access is easy to both floors!
The bad repairs make the place look bad & the safe in my room, (maybe others) should have been refixed properly

joe552
July 12th, 2012, 02:47
when were you there, Shuee? it was fine for me in June - maybe this happened recently?

Shuee
July 12th, 2012, 14:29
i was there the month before, did you go upto top floor, this is where the damage doors were. Anyway its still concerning how easily the windows on the upper 2 levels can be opened, or just climbed straight through!

joe552
July 12th, 2012, 14:58
I stayed on the top floor and saw no signs of damage. I didn't pay much attention to the windows on the landings or how easy it would be to climb in through them, so can't really comment on that.

July 12th, 2012, 16:27
Just a note re mosaik invade anyone is considering it, there's large scale building work going on a new hotel directly opposite the rear of the apartments and every day this week there's been some bollox going hammer and tongs with a loud angle grinder or band saw which has been infuriating as its literally been non stop, if your an out and about during tte day person I guess it's no problem but if like me you're only going to bed at 6 or 7am and he starts at 8am (all bloody day) its a bit of a disturbance, so just flagging that up as something to consider ( maybe even change sides of the apartments perhaps might help?)

July 14th, 2012, 01:37
... if like me you're only going to bed at 6 or 7am and he starts at 8am (all bloody day) its a bit of a disturbance, so just flagging that up as something to consider ( maybe even change sides of the apartments perhaps might help?)

Alternatively you could try getting to bed at a decent time, you trollop!

:violent1:

joe552
July 14th, 2012, 01:50
I fear the trollop is beyond redemption, scottish-guy :alc:

anonone
July 14th, 2012, 04:21
I know how annoying that is NIrish. Last time I stayed at Howards was when the place across the street really started up construction...driving the pilings into the ground to support the whole thing.
Drove me crazy.

Good luck. I would recommend valium, but we all know how that turned out for vnman. :sign5:

I also noticed at Baan Dok Mai that daytime noise was pretty high. Motorbikes and traffic whistles from Tukcom were pretty bad.

I was hoping Mosaik was a quieter place during the day....guess not now.

Maybe have to give Jomtien another try. I just hate being so far away from the bars at night....hmmmm....
Or hell, maybe just stay around Boyztown. Haven't tried that yet. Anybody with recent experience? Quiet during the day?

July 14th, 2012, 18:13
Quick update - while the general building work continues ( quietly) the guy with the angle grinder seems to have completed his work so all is quiet again - for now anyway.

Shuee
July 16th, 2012, 02:47
yes he seems to have finished at last! but watch out! here comes the guy with the big loud drill!!

1PR4BKK
July 18th, 2012, 08:02
Glad to hear Mosaik is still a nice place to stay. I booked for my stay in October/November. Mosaik has become my home base when I am in Thailand.