PDA

View Full Version : Phi Phi Islands

bruce_nyc
July 4th, 2012, 15:30
I've seen photos of the Phi Phi Islands.

If I meet a great young man, is that a good place to take him for a little get-away trip for a few days?

July 4th, 2012, 18:30
Yes i've been there ...and think it would be a very romantic place to take your young man
me and my bf are going there next christmas

July 4th, 2012, 18:42
As Chris said yes it's a lovely area, very beautiful and with the right guy very romantic ( and damned good fun out on the boats etc). Phuket is the closest resort to leave from
And of course you'll find plenty of "nice" guys there who would I'm sure be only to
Happy to join you for a days of luxury away from their bars - hell that sounds so good that if you're stuck choosing I'll happily go with you and I'll even promise not to go with other farang while you're away at the bar ! Lol - actually no scrub that last bit, I'd better not make promises I probably couldnt keep anyway !! Lol

bruce_nyc
July 5th, 2012, 05:31
LOL :love4: Ok, NIrish, it's a date.

Oh. Wait. How much for a LT? (Bare in mind that I usually get at least 1000 Baht, and anything very kinky is extra.)

Thanks for the advice, guys. You are the best.

I am so excited about my upcoming trip.... I can't wait!

The first ( and only ) time I was in Thailand, I sorta "fell in love" with a young man who I off'd from a go go club in Pattaya. It was literally his first night working there, and I was his first customer. I wouldn't normally believe that story, but a friend was with me who has lots of connections there and introduced me to the mamasan, and thus to this special young man. From everything I could perceive, I believe that it was true. ( and if it wasn't, does it matter? ) Anyway, he was as sweet as sugar... and cuter than words can describe. I spent 10 full days with him, and traveled with him a bit too.

I hope I can re-live such a wonderful experience as I had that trip. He will be a "tough act to follow", as they say.

:drunken:

kjun12
July 5th, 2012, 10:28
Phuket is the closest resort to leave from And of course you'll find plenty of "nice" guys there who would I'm sure be only to Happy to join you for a days of luxury
Either you are making a joke or you are totally unaware of how dangerous Phuket has become. That is not a place to advise a friend to go to.

July 5th, 2012, 15:51
I think you're over stating things just a tad there kjun, whilst we all know about some various scams and stuff there are still many thousands of people from all over the world go the Phuket and have a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, having been there many times myself yes the tuk tuk drivers might have the fares hiked up but if I worried about that extra 50 or 100 baht qhilst on holiday i think that then would be more of a concern to me than the scam.

And as another poster stated elsewhere I've also been with many of guys from paradise and elsewhere and found them to be every bit as delightful and nice and honest ( and dishonest) as every other MB / bar boy I've met on my travels on thailand.

There are many lovely resort hotels in Phuket and whilst we may know the average steer Thai there isn't as nice as other Thais one may met ( I think any large resort town is the same the world over though) but with nice resorts the average person can have a lovely holiday in Phuket with no idea of the shady end of things, just like all other big cities - and as I said its one of the main staging posts for most peoples visits to the islands etc so I wouldn't retract my advice at all and if the OP decides to go I'd look forward to reading his views as apart from Phuket walking street etc being tacky and the "Blackpool" ( uk cheap and tacky seaside resort) it does also have "some" nice plus points too for tourists.

Beachlover
August 20th, 2012, 20:36
Phuket is the closest resort to leave from And of course you'll find plenty of "nice" guys there who would I'm sure be only to Happy to join you for a days of luxury
Either you are making a joke or you are totally unaware of how dangerous Phuket has become. That is not a place to advise a friend to go to.
Overstatement... I've been to Phuket at least half a dozen times and never run into any trouble. Yes, it's a rip off, you can't avoid the scams and it's not so pleasant in terms of safety but it's still one of the world's great holiday destinations.

latintopxxx
August 22nd, 2012, 00:18
No, not an overstatement, place is scam central and the locals are aggressive as if they are looking for any excuse to pick an argument/fight. Taxi are run and driven by thugs. Gay area (paradise...what a misnomer) is as dead as can be...rather entertain myself with my right hand. Phi Phi island...""james bond"" island is totally over rated...over run by massive Chinese tour boats carrying a gallizzion Chinese tourists who love throwing bread into the sea to attract the fish...after a while looks like a giant had vomited....disgusting.
Been there once...stayed at a nice beach resort...had a good time in the resort and the isolated beach out front...but certainly wouldn''t rush back...local night life is too boring.

Andaman!
August 23rd, 2012, 07:28
No, not an overstatement, place is scam central and the locals are aggressive as if they are looking for any excuse to pick an argument/fight. Taxi are run and driven by thugs. Gay area (paradise...what a misnomer) is as dead as can be...rather entertain myself with my right hand. Phi Phi island...""james bond"" island is totally over rated...over run by massive Chinese tour boats carrying a gallizzion Chinese tourists who love throwing bread into the sea to attract the fish...after a while looks like a giant had vomited....disgusting.
Been there once...stayed at a nice beach resort...had a good time in the resort and the isolated beach out front...but certainly wouldn''t rush back...local night life is too boring.

Massive overstatement Latin. Beachlover is pretty much right with his measured comment. Phuket and PhiPhi are not my No.1 locations but many people can have a great holiday in both locations and should not be put off by your rather exaggerated comments

kjun12
August 25th, 2012, 09:40
Some of you have a penchant for talking about things of which you apparently know very little. In the case of Phuket all one has to do is to read the news to see how bad Phuket is. It is the worse place in Thailand for open criminal activity and violence. it is a DANGEROUS place with a scam a minute. There are too many other nice places in Thailand where you do not have these worries while enjoying yourself.

Have I been to Phuket? Yes. Have I had a good time there? Yes again. However, considering the danger of being subjected to violence, I will not return until things change. And, I will warn all friends and advise them not to go there.

August 25th, 2012, 15:02
Some of you have a penchant for talking about things of which you apparently know very little... .

In the case of Phuket ..it is the worse place in Thailand for open criminal activity and violence...

Presumably you have hard evidence for that second quote - otherwise you are doing that which you have just accused others of.

So......

:occasion9:

RonanTheBarbarian
August 25th, 2012, 16:28
Just to say to people....if you want to see Phi-Phi, you do NOT have to stay in Phuket.

Phan Nga Bay, Phi-Phi, etc can be easily explored on day trips from the Krabi side of the bay.

You can even fly down to Krabi airport and avoid Phuket island altogether.

If you stay in Ao Nang, you can go on a day trip to Phi-Phi one day, Phan-nga Bay and James Bond island another, and spend rest of your time between Ao nang beach and the stunning Railay beach.

And the only taxi or tuk-tuk you need to pay for is the one to and from Krabi airport. (though you will have to pay for a few longtail boat trips from Ao Nang to Railay, as Railay is only accessible by boat)

Perhaps a bit low on nightlife for a person on their own, but if you are going as a couple I can think of no better romantic getaway.