PDA

View Full Version : Quick impression of pattaya

vnman
July 4th, 2012, 12:30
Ive been in pattaya a couple of days now and its been fun. However, there is much to be desired. Firstly, many clubs dont really have enough boys. This wasnt so in previous visits.

Dave man: nice club. Not to big and many coyote boys, if you're in such a thing. Like said before on this forum, it's better to bring your own crew. Especially if you're into any else than the average coyote boy (muscled types) and wanting. I went on a week day and it wasn,t that busy. I'm guessing half full. Some farang and an irritating farang lady boy who kept pushing me further and further so we had to move our table three times. The music, well actually i dont remember the music. I do know that it wasnt the house beats that i usually enjoy. No cuties for me though.

Happy place: nice small bar and very coozy. No pushy mamasan. Boys from manly to fem but not many of them. Drinks are very reasonable priced compare to other bars. Promotion 100 bt for drink from 8 -9

777: ouch, they used to be my favorite but this time not many boys and nothing really interesting. Will be back this week for another look.

Edit( cant scroll down to edit. My last sentiment was about boys, not my trip)
Cupidol: they had the most boys of all the bars that ive seen. Not one specific type but all kinds. A good bet if your looking for an off.

X-boy:had a show when i got in. 200 bt for a drink and i wised i had never gone in. Even with i show, i think the boys should be visible but they werent. I could only watch the show and i really didnt feel like it so i left afer 5 minutes. No idea about their boy selection.

David: im not sure if the bar is called that but its next to cupidol and maybe the same owner as x-boy. Had a bboy show when i got in but the boys were also visible. Reasonable mix of boys but not many.

My first off turned out to be a real loser. First the mamasan wanted to charge me 1000 in advance and when i got the boy home he someed very interested in the tv. I had to pull the remote out of his hand before i could get him in the shower. After that i showered and he was waiting in bed. First thing he said when i got out was" no boom boom" lol. Really? I was clear enough to mamasan so i told him to get dressed and get out.

Went back to the bar, got my money back and an item that the boy had stolen plus the tip that i had given in the bar. I got a free drink and all was well. Im not naming the bar because i think they handled this situation very well and i think that i accepted their apology.

Steps: next to nab. Holy cow, what a dissapoointment. Its really a place for breeders. We were dumb enough to buy a bottle. Must say that 999bt for a bottle of smirnov was a good price. We had one drink and left. Probably come back with boyfriends in tow to finsih the bottle.

Sorry guys, i just woke up and still have a hangover. Im writing with my ipad so i cant scroll back normally to see what ive written so far. Ill write some better reports when i get back home.

I forget ....the bar opposite toy boys: no no no boys.

Drinks in all the bars were around 150 to 200.

I wanted to drop in eros in sunee plaza but didnt get to it. They had a promotion of 100 bt for all drinks.

It's pretty quite in gay pattaya and i realy havent seen many boys that i would consider. Usually i fall in love every night, this time not once. Im thinking about going to bkk to be honest. Probably wont though hahaha

Overall sentiment: dissapointed

joe552
July 4th, 2012, 17:14
Sorry to hear you're not having as much fun as you'd hoped, vnman - especially after your last visit. Hope it gets better for you soon.

vnman
July 4th, 2012, 18:01
Tnx joe, my post might not tell the whole story. Im having great fun everything except the boys is perfect. Meeting my friends, the food, shopping...many things i don't have access to in vn. Would have been nice a to have met a cutie though. Ive got two nights left and i dont see myself boy hunting today. So who knows what the last night has in store.

latintopxxx
July 6th, 2012, 19:40
I'm completely amazed, you got your money refunded...and a free apology drink???? Almost unbelievable.

Neal
July 6th, 2012, 22:06
Why should you be amazed when the bar, whichever it was, did the correct thing. That is customer service!

latintopxxx
July 7th, 2012, 07:39
Honestly???
in my experience once you've handed the cash over forget about getting a refund.....the whole industry is set up to extract the max for min effort...the bar in question must be run by saints..

arsenal
July 7th, 2012, 09:42
The bar did well by you. You should name them. Only when the bar behaves badly should you keep their name private.

a447
July 7th, 2012, 10:57
Latin wrote:
in my experience once you've handed the cash over forget about getting a refund

Then you ought to get more experience.

I've only had a few guys over the years renege on the deal and in each case I got my off fee back.

arsenal wrote:
You should name them.

The bars were Screwboys (when it used to be in Soi Twilight), Cupidol, Goodboys (yes, Goodboys!! When it was under different management) and Eros. In each case I was also given an apology and Dave from Eros offered me a free drink.

arsenal wrote:
Only when the bar behaves badly should you keep their name private.

Pardon?? Can't see much logic in that, arsenal. If a bar rips clients off or a boy doesn't do what he agreed to do etc etc, then as a potential customer, I want to know about it! It doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't visit the bar, but at least I would be forewarned.

arsenal
July 7th, 2012, 11:10
A447: Well for a start the libel laws in Thailand are pretty draconian. Secondly, even after a bad experience someone might like to visit that bar again which if they have criticised it in print may be difficult. Thirdly, whatever the experience we only have one side of things. Fourthly will it actually do any good. It's just my opinion.

thailuv
July 8th, 2012, 17:16
My first off turned out to be a real loser. First the mamasan wanted to charge me 1000 in advance and when i got the boy home he someed very interested in the tv. I had to pull the remote out of his hand before i could get him in the shower. After that i showered and he was waiting in bed. First thing he said when i got out was" no boom boom" lol. Really? I was clear enough to mamasan so i told him to get dressed and get out.

Went back to the bar, got my money back and an item that the boy had stolen plus the tip that i had given in the bar. I got a free drink and all was well. Im not naming the bar because i think they handled this situation very well and i think that i accepted their apology.

I do remember a couple of people posting similar experiences to the above and being called cheapskates by some of the posters in this forum when they refused to give the guy money for short time when all the guy did was watch TV and sulked. When the farang suggested he could have gone back to the bar to get his off fee back the same posters in this forum FUMED saying that he must not be surprised if he is smashed with a bottle on the head while walking the streets. And yet we seem to have a very condoning response for vn. Makes me wonder if the response has to do with who is posting rather than the scenario in question. I for one would expect a refund for services not rendered. It is quite obvious the go go boys get away with this kinda crap attitude (robbery to put it mildly) many times. Why would you be willing to waste your time going to farang's place only to get there and talk about "no boom boom" when everything has already been clearly communicated. I hope I never encounter such a situation coz I would seriously struggle to keep myself calm

Neal
July 8th, 2012, 17:22
Does anyone remember the other thread? I would like to re-read it. I don't think it was as easy as that but maybe it was.
I think that when you off a boy and take him to your room and do not get what was agreed to, you should be able to get your off fee back and I would not have paid him. Now if he spent some hours with the an before going back to the room, that IMHO would have changed my decision.
Someone please help me find that thread.

July 8th, 2012, 17:40
......I do remember a couple of people ..being called cheapskates by some of the posters in this forum when they refused to give the guy money for short time when all the guy did was watch TV and sulked. When the farang suggested he could have gone back to the bar to get his off fee back the same posters in this forum FUMED saying that he must not be surprised if he is smashed with a bottle on the head while walking the streets...

I suspect I may have been one of the posters you refer to (although I don't do fuming dear - it's negative energy).

If I did post in those terms then what I would be meaning would be that it would be far easier just to write off the experience with that boy- at the cost of a ST liason - than to risk a scene, awkwardness in the bar in the future, and possible repercussions.

Call me old-fashioned if you like, but I do not really see that any bar has any obligation to you other than providing the means for you to find your partner for the night - whatever happens subsequently is your responsibility alone.
It is up to you to set the terms of the "contract" before leaving the bar - and anybody who believes what 90% of mamasans will tell them needs their head examined - and if the contract is not fulfilled it is up to you to deal with it. Personally I would deal with it by just paying the boy off and not hiring him again - I'm not a big shot but I can spare 1000B and I don't need the aggravation.

If people want to make a big scene in the room, not pay the boy and then stomp into the bar next day demanding a refund of the off fee - then that's up to them, but it won't be long before something goes wrong with that approach. I simply don't see the need for it.

thailuv
July 8th, 2012, 20:02
I understand perfectly your reasons scottish-guy for not wanting to start a big brouhaha with the boy. But many would argue it is precisely that kind of disposition that results in a cult of "no boom boom" bois. Why spread my ass cheeks for ol farang when he will give me short time money. Even with short time are we now supposed to run straight for the bed upon returning with the boi so that it can be quickly determined if he is a "boom boom" boy or not and hence save ourselves from paying short time who knew before hand he was not in the mood for boom boom. Are Thai people devoid of logic. You are sex worker surely when you are being offed it should be clear tha at least 80 % of the time you will be expected to provide those services. Who in farangland gets paid for watching TV.

I am well aware that not everyone who offs a boy wants sex. I was once an avid fan of live sex webcams and was absolutely surprised at how much money people were willing to pay to see what many people would consider mundane things. For example one customer seemed to have a fetish for watching the "models" squeezing apples between their bicep and forearm. Another got off seeing the model srangle himself with a rope. Another just wanted to chat and woul pay for a 40 minute session of chatting. But all those models knew what most customers wanted i.e watching them wanking or parting their butt cheeks while the customer jerks himself off as well. I have never heard of anyone complaining about one of the live webcam models saying "no i dont do that but hang around my live stream for a bit so I can have some of your money"

christianpfc
July 9th, 2012, 04:48
Does anyone remember the other thread? I would like to re-read it. I don't think it was as easy as that but maybe it was.
You can find examples in my "Lowest tip ever" thread lowest-tip-ever-t21211.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/lowest-tip-ever-t21211.html) (that wasn't necessarily what thailuv had in mind, but it shows very well a different attitude to a similar problem).

It is quite obvious the go go boys get away with this kinda crap attitude (robbery to put it mildly) many times.

But many would argue it is precisely that kind of disposition that results in a cult of "no boom boom" bois.
Absolutely!

If I did post in those terms then what I would be meaning would be that it would be far easier just to write off the experience with that boy- at the cost of a ST liason - than to risk a scene, awkwardness in the bar in the future, and possible repercussions.

Personally I would deal with it by just paying the boy off and not hiring him again - I'm not a big shot but I can spare 1000B and I don't need the aggravation.

If people want to make a big scene in the room, not pay the boy and then stomp into the bar next day demanding a refund of the off fee - then that's up to them, but it won't be long before something goes wrong with that approach. I simply don't see the need for it.

The problem is not "to pay 1000 Baht or not to pay 1000 Baht", in their precious holidays peoply fly quarter around the world (in my case, others even half around the world) to get laid, and then they get someone who is just too lazy to perform as expected and tries to sneak out with some lies. Would you do the same with prostitutes in your home country, pay full for no service?

Of course it's wrong to make a scene or get angry, but there must be a lesson for the boy (and for the farang as well: to be more circumspect next time when choosing a partner for sexual activities).
---------------------------------------------------------------
Vnman quoted on the "strange people on gayromeo" (page 2) a farang with a long text, I had the same idea: to make sheet with acvities (in Thai and English) the boy will take part in, so he can tick while in the bar, then the contract is signed by boy, mamasan and customer. Better leave the mamasan out, so nobody can accuse the bar of supporting prostitution. Anyway, if the text is clear there is no need for a mamasan.

July 9th, 2012, 06:26
..Of course it's wrong to make a scene or get angry, but there must be a lesson for the boy...

For fuck sake man, I come to Thailand and take boys off for fun and sometimes the fun will be better or worse than the last fun, and if it's worse I put it down to experience and if it's better than I'll more than likely re-hire the boy.
I don't have the time or the inclination to teach "lessons" to recalcitrant prostitutes or show them the error of their ways - it all sounds a bit Victorian - you're mixing me up with Gladstone :sign5:

....I had the same idea: to make sheet with acvities (in Thai and English) the boy will take part in, so he can tick while in the bar, then the contract is signed by boy, mamasan and customer

Christian, I really think you're spending far too long sticking your head in fridges - your brain has clearly now shrunk to the size of a pea.
I have never heard anything more ridiculous in my life.
If I had a bar and you came into it with your pre-prepared contracts and tried to get one of my boys and staff to sign it - well you better have lubed your bunghole before you came in because that's where your (rolled-up) contract would be going - along with your half bottle of water, and maybe even your cake!

:hello2:

cdnmatt
July 9th, 2012, 07:58
....I had the same idea: to make sheet with acvities (in Thai and English) the boy will take part in, so he can tick while in the bar, then the contract is signed by boy, mamasan and customer

Christian, I really think you're spending far too long sticking your head in fridges - your brain has clearly now shrunk to the size of a pea.
I have never heard anything more ridiculous in my life.
If I had a bar and you came into it with your pre-prepared contracts and tried to get one of my boys and staff to sign it - well you better have lubed your bunghole before you came in because that's where your (rolled-up) contract would be going - along with your half bottle of water, and maybe even your cake!

LOL, I actually laughed out loud at that. Neighbors are probably wondering what's so funny.

"Now if you just sign & date here, here, and here, I'll be happy to pay the off fee".

martin911
July 11th, 2012, 02:52
I think that when you off a boy and take him to your room and do not get what was agreed to, you should be able to get your off fee back and I would not have paid him. Now if he spent some hours with the an before going back to the room, that IMHO would have changed my decision.
Someone please help me find that thread.

DB --I wonder Was it the thread where myself and a447 or mabye Arsenal were having a wee chat on whether a sex date with a sex worker was infact a bonafide contract (as per A447 ) :bs: and whether discounts should be applied if service is poor ( to a 20yo odd poor boy from Issan )

send me a pm if you still havnt got it and il look through my posts tmoro -late now !!

Neal
July 11th, 2012, 04:26
No I don't think so. The memory on many things has not been the same after the stroke I am afraid.
I think if you take a boy off and go doing things around town for any amount of time and then sometime later go to the hotel room and don't get what you want, well you should give him some sort of tip and the off fee is iffy.
If you go right back to the hotel room and the boy renegs on what he said he would do, well that might piss me off and send him away without the agreed price or maybe no tip depending on the circumstances and go to the bar then or next night to get the bar fine back.
If the boy sits there and is sulking and watching TV and stuff, well I am sorry but he totally renegged on the deal.
As a bar owner, I would like to know. I actually heard that one of my boys did that the other day and when I got to the bar told him that if I heard that kind of story an=bout him again, he would need to find another bar to work out of.
I don't know what other bars do but I try to run a very honest bar.

christianpfc
July 12th, 2012, 04:02
Agree with what DaBoss wrote.

I made this mistake: walking around for half an hour or even an hour on walking street, when we reached my hotel: "Sorry, time is up!".

No I am wiser: "Fuck first, talk later" (Fuck here in a general sense for sex).

a447
July 15th, 2012, 18:51
Christian wrote:
I made this mistake: walking around for half an hour or even an hour on walking street, when we reached my hotel: "Sorry, time is up!".

haha...Sorry Christian, but that is actually funny!

But then again, maybe he was 'a 20yo odd poor boy from Issan ' so perhaps you should take Martin's advice - pay him and don't get too upset. Then as word gets around amongst the boys, you may find yourself spending a lot of time with your offs in Walking Street. :sign5:

I'm in Pattaya at the moment and can concur with other posters' reports - a bit quiet in Boyztown, but I haven't made it to Sunee yet. A couple of nights ago I met up with NorthIrishGuy (aka cock of steel) and Nabaat (?) and his mate and we had a few drinks at Happy Place. We then went to X-boys for the show, and to our surprise, it was packed.
Yesterday I started off at DUO Massage in Jomtien Complex. My God, the whole complex was totally dead, same as it was in April. Very depressing. I had a great massage by a gay guy called Bong or Bom, who bottomed for me. If you like to be sa-moked, try him - he's awesome! Not bad for a 20-something year old poor boy from Isaan! hehe....
Last night I wandered into Funnyboys and there were only about 4 customers. A-Bomb had a few more but most customers seemed to just finish their drinks and leave. The A-Bomb boys all appeared to be very well hung, but they were not really interested in the customers. Only 1 guy made eye contact with me; the rest just talked amongst themselves or played with their mobiles, seemingly oblivious to their clientele. The mama-san should say something to them, or at least ask the punters why they are leaving so soon. If the boys are disinterested on stage, what are they going to be like back in the room? Perhaps there is a hint of arrogance here.
I headed over to Happy Place and again, there weren't as many customers as back in April. I offed a nice guy with a big cock. But I think it may have been the guy NorthIrishguy wrote about. He told me he had only been there for a week, but back in the room let slip that he hadn't had a customer in 5 weeks and that I was, in fact, his first ever customer. SO i guess it was also his first ever gay sex. :sign5: He was 100% straight and couldn't get it up, except when he chuck-wowed at the end. But he was a really nice guy.
I then went to see the show at Copa. It was not bad, but the best entertainment came from a farang and the bevvy of boys he had in tow. They were standing up, clapping and dancing and having a great time.
Low season is a good time to visit, as there are plenty of boys on stage and not so much competition amongst the customers.

July 15th, 2012, 20:22
Christian it's quite simple - Pay "Short Time" (max 1000B) and you are on a time limit, pay "Long Time" (max 1500B) and you aren't.

So either continue to pay ST and don't walk about - or pay LT and don't worry about it.

Simples!

A447 - your report is actually a bit depressing - Jomtien "totally dead" - Boyztown with quiet bars providing a few disinterested boys only , a visit to a "show-bar" where the punters were more entertaining than the show, an off who couldn't get it up ..... yet you say it's a good time to visit?

I don't get it :dontknow:

Dodger
July 15th, 2012, 20:51
vnman wrote:

Overall sentiment: dissapointed

You seemed to be having a good enough time drinking yourself into a stuper on discount drinks - so all was not lost.

Are you sure the boy told you "no boom boom tonight" immediately after you stumbled out of the shower - or was it after he had to sit there and listen to you vomitting in the hung nam for an hour? I love the way these stories can get distorted when written by a guy with a hangover.

Another poster here amazed me by admitting he had gone back to a whole slew of bars over time to ask for a refund, when he shouild have been asking himself why so many boys were refusing to deliver the service to him. Walking door-to-door in Boyztown asking bars for refunds would be a bit of an embarrassment if you ask me.

martin911
July 16th, 2012, 00:25
A447 The guy you saw in Copa was obs the same guy i saw last nite (sat) sitting on the terrace of Cafe Royal with his gaggle of cute guys --

I see them out in the clubs (usually Dave ) later in the nites and they als look like they are having fun --

Glad to see some farang enjoying Pattaya at the moment -conflicting reports about it seems

a447
July 16th, 2012, 02:03
haha...SG it's not all doom and gloom. Honestly, it isn't. You can still have heaps of fun. I didn't go to the Jomtien Complex to off any boys- I went there for a massage- and I came away very satisfied indeed. And not all the bars in BT had disinterested boys. Happy Place, as usual had lots of very interested boys. Sure, the guy I offed couldn't get it up - first time that's happened so I really can't complain. As I said, he was a nice guy and he satisfied me, so to speak.

Martin, I also thought it was the guy you or someone else on the forum had mentioned. Good luck to him! And as for conflicting reports, I agree with you there. Are some posters just making it all up or are they actually there but visiting at different times during the evening??

I dropped into Splash tonight (just down from Cupidol towards the beach). There was one other customer. Apart from number 14 - a tall, handsome guy with an interesting tatoo below his navel, there was noone of particular interest. One of the fems there has started sprouting breasts (yuk!)
I moved on to Cupidol and again, there were just 2 of us sitting there. Nothing special to report.
So I went over to Sunee. There was some action in the sois and plenty of boys around. And BTW, the Corner Bar was operating.
I then headed off to a bar which, for the time being, I will leave unnamed, for obvious reasons! I met a really nice guy and I offed him. His big smile matched the size of his cock. (SG - that's what I mean when I say it's a good time now to visit Pattaya. In the high season, he would already have been offed by the time I got there). What can I say? 30 minutes after round 1, he was up for it again! So off we went. I gave him an extra large tip. But he was worth every baht.

bucknaway
July 16th, 2012, 03:01
What is funny is that during high season I read a lot of posts where their are complaints regarding the other people stomping about. We read that they are rude, loud, inconsiderate, boring and cheap cigarette smoking sons of bitches, but boy do we miss them during low season!

One reason I like to see things on the positive side is that it makes life that much more enjoyable. Yes, I enjoy going to a busy bar but I also like getting attention from the guy I am interested in and that can happen more often when they guys only have 1 or 2 customers to choose from.

During low season I imagine that those in the service industry are much more friendly, helpful and appreciative of their customers.

I like to look at low season as being a dress rehearsal for high season.

Sure it is not so great for bars & restaurants but low season can be a wonderful time for the vacationer as well as those who are on an extended vacation in Thailand.

christianpfc
July 16th, 2012, 03:20
Christian it's quite simple - Pay "Short Time" (max 1000B) and you are on a time limit, pay "Long Time" (max 1500B) and you aren't.
Not I, he!

It was my very first off, and when we were in my hotel room (after spending half an hour on Walking Street), I was just about to slip my hand under his shirt, 5 cm away from touching his skin (that was the closest I got to touching him *), when his phone rang. It was mamasan who explained to me that he had to leave because his mother was in hospital. So I paid him 500 Baht (he seemed happy with that; anyway, I didn't have any more Baht and was already wondering how to explain to him that I would have to change money the following day to tip him after getting up together and doing a second round - alas, he had a different plan!).

Well, we all start naive, I assume.

(* Not absolutely sure about that. But I think I offed him right from the stage to save the money for a boy drink.)

I thought short time is "You come - I go" (from the boy's perspective), even if it involves having a walk or dinner before going to the hotel.

I headed over to Happy Place and again, there weren't as many customers as back in April. I offed a nice guy with a big cock.
I didn't know that Neal is available.

a447
July 17th, 2012, 16:05
So, Christian, you got the dreaded phone call!
Didn't you know that all gogo boys have mothers who are permanently in hospital?? And if you send money to a boy from overseas, their buffaloes go and die on them? The sad fate of being a gogo boy, it seems.

I have also been a victim of "the phone call." What apparetnly happens is the boy and the mamasan collude before the boy leaves the bar. At a set time, she calls him. It's all about the boy wanting to rush back to the bar for another off (can't blame him) and the mamasan wanting him back so the bar can collect an off fee again.

I avoid that problem by offing a boy later in the night.

Last night I had a quick look in Toy Boys. Nothing to report. Just 3 or 4 customers. I walked over to Sunnee and went into a bar called Magic Pub, or something like that. If they really can perform magic, then they should make themselves disappear. 7 or so rather unatractive boys and a pushy mamasan.
I then wandered through the soi to Nice Boys, as someone had said they had masculine types. Well, they kind of did. There were 3 guys standing at the back who were mildly masculine, but they were wearing jeans. In the hope that they'd change into jocks, I sat down for a drink (beer 190 baht), but alas, they didn't move from the stage. All the other boys were as I expected -young, fem types. Yuk! The place was packed. One woman was busy playing with the cock of a boy sitting wth her.

There were lots of customers sitting in the beer bars so it didn't really seem like low season. One of the bars in the soi behind Krazy was full! It was only when you went into most of the bars, both in Boyztown and Sunee, that you see few customers. Maybe they all just prefer to drink these days. Can't get it up, perhaps?? Who knows.

I picked up my boy from last night and he spent the night with me. I pay him more than the going rate because he is such a fantastic performer. Bottoms like a pro (well....) and uses his tongue to great effect. hehe... So we both end up happy. That's what it is all about.

July 17th, 2012, 16:10
Surely there must have been cases where, after getting the "mother in hospital" phone call, the Customer has gone back to the same bar and found the boy back on the stage!!

It would be interesting to hear from anybody who's done that.

:sign5: