PDA

View Full Version : high v's low season - number of boys ?

yorkboy691
June 30th, 2012, 18:48
I was wondering how many boys work in the gogo bars in high season versus low season. Daboss, how many do you have working for you? does the
number of boys wanting to work change much during the year? do you try and keep the numbers the same throughout the year?

Neal
June 30th, 2012, 19:49
Boys in the bars goes up and down same like many of the members. We usually have about 30 boys in high season and 15 - 20 in low season. There was a real bad time about a month ago or so that even we were struggling to keep 10 - 15 in the bar! They just all go home or somewhere for a few weeks and many bar owners rip their hair out because without go go boys, you don't get to sell drinks.
Some people still are new to our club and don't realize with a small stage we can only put so many at a time up there. They stick their heads in, think there aren't that many boys and don't come in but we really do have a large number and variety.

June 30th, 2012, 20:16
..Boys in the bars goes up and down same like many of the members....

I can vouch for this - I have direct personal experience of many of the bar boys members going up and down.

:party

stevehadders
June 30th, 2012, 20:18
Every year I visit a couple times in low season and again in high season(Christmas and New Year). Whilst the low season has been more "low" than previous years there are more than enough boys to satisfy every taste and stamina :)

Neal
June 30th, 2012, 20:21
Sure is. I get many more calls than I have strength for and then some.

June 30th, 2012, 20:31
Sure is. I get many more calls than I have strength for and then some.

That is because you are so sexy Mak Mak

Neal
June 30th, 2012, 20:35
:sumo:

Marsilius
June 30th, 2012, 20:48
While the number of boys in the low season is certainly less, my impression is that the low season ratio of boys to customers (who, of course, are far fewer than at peak tourist times) may be higher. Certainly, in the low season it's more of a buyers' market.

Common sense might also suggest that the less desirable boys who make only a marginal living would go home during the low season as they are less likely to be offed, whereas the more handsome and popular ones might ge expected to stay working as they'll presumably still be getting customers even from the reduced pool of farang.

Neal
June 30th, 2012, 20:50
Even in low season, nobody needs to go home without a picture perfect prize.

vnman
June 30th, 2012, 21:14
Common sense might also suggest that the less desirable boys who make only a marginal living would go home during the low season as they are less likely to be offed, whereas the more handsome and popular ones might ge expected to stay working as they'll presumably still be getting customers even from the reduced pool of farang.I'm not sure if that is common sense. One could argue that the handsome and popular boy has made his money and is going home to enjoy it and his family, whereas "the less desirable boy" has to stick around because he hasn't been able to save enough.

Jetsam
June 30th, 2012, 22:58
And he has no competition from the handsome boys that went home, so at the end of low season they go home with the same amount of money as the handsome boys at the end of high season and at that time the handsome ones return.

High season - only handsome boys

Low season - only ugly boys

Neal
June 30th, 2012, 23:46
I am sorry Jetsam but that is so unbelievably untrue.

martin911
July 1st, 2012, 00:18
I had this conversation with a thai boy earlier today -- he was of the impression that all bars are understaffed ,and there are not so many boys in Pattaya as before in other years( both hi and low season) --

He said not so many want to work in sex industry nowadays --the prices have hardly changed and with fewer customers about all year the guys are finding not as lucrative as before --

As we all know cash is the reason that the boys work like that so if there are fewer mobile atm's about -- then they dont get fat on what is coming to pattaya !

Neal
July 1st, 2012, 00:31
Martin you are correct that this is probably the answer most of the time. Right now the falang that are coming to Thailand are fewer than ever before BUT they are still coming. There are less boys coming down in the off season cause there are less falang to go around BUT there are still many hot ones because they get the falang first. There are several nights a week that by 1 or 1:30am we are down to 2 or 3 still in the bar. I would not rely on what a thai boy describes is the reason because they really give you what they "think". If you ask many boys, the reason you get is because they don't like Thailand anymore because of the red shirt yellow shirt problem. Thais are known for being asked questions and giving you what you want to hear or just a guess. They are really oblivious to the world economic crisis that is going on right now which is why people have cut down their vacations or even temporarily stopped going far, If and when we get through this, the falang will increase a little and the boys will also increase a bit but I don't think soon. I think it will be in a year or 3 and it will never be like 10 years ago. But making a staement that only ugly boys are here is exactly the opposite, many of the hot boys are here cause they can still make the money. Its the ugly ones that cannot sustain.

stevehadders
July 1st, 2012, 00:36
From my own experience I can confirm that in both my 2 week stay in April and the first week of June there were ample number of boys in Funny Boys, Happy Place,Toy Boys, and Cupidol. These are the bars I frequent, and sorry can't comment on Sunnee because I didnt visit on my last 2 trips as BT more my taste (and know lots of the guys). Copa was the only one I visited that you could say was "sparse" with boys - maybe they are concentrating on the cabaret part of their offer.
If I was a prospective visitor reading dome reviews about lack of boys I would be surprised on visiting - as there are many freely available, and some real cuties. It maybe there are not as many as previous years, but you can still have a real good time :party

christianpfc
July 1st, 2012, 05:42
We had a similar thread on one of these gay Thailand forums (I don't remember when and where). I think it was dave1 (?) from Take Care Pattaya who was able to provide some numbers, because he can count the condoms they hand out to boys and customers (?).

July 1st, 2012, 06:48
... he can count the condoms they hand out to boys and customers ...

Well I wank off into mine so those results are flawed

:sign5:

vnman
July 1st, 2012, 07:03
Ow god that reminds me, who told the story about the boy that refused to get fucked without wearing a condom? Mind you, he was the bottom.

I don't know how the ratio farang/boy is different during high season and low season. Surely, the times you had to be at the bar at 8pm sharp - not to miss all the really cuties - is behind us, high or low season. Or am i mistaking?

Neal
July 1st, 2012, 08:25
I remember those days well. Had to have dinner and be ready for when the doors opened or you were plain out of luck.
Now I can have dinner and be somewhere by 9:30 and it is cool. I would make a decision by midnight though because some get bored and go out or home.

TravellerDave
July 1st, 2012, 21:45
I,ve just come back from 3weeks in Pats. It was very quiet generally, but no shortage of boys in the bars, Gogol,s or on GR.
Maybe not much on the Dongtan beach where I have hooked up in the past.
Maybe the attractiveness has dropped over the years but perhaps that's just my perception. Mostly I was satisfied with the cute boys in my bed.
It was quite busy in Samsut Sauna

pong
July 2nd, 2012, 18:08
the idea always was that hi/lo is not that relevant-but more the requirements back home to help out in the rice growing trade. At some periods (and that may be the hi-season for farang arrivals) all hands are needed-and at other slack times noone really has to.
In BKK it hardly matters nowadays-in the more Thai places most of the working boys are students.

Marsilius
July 2nd, 2012, 22:43
...At some periods (and that may be the hi-season for farang arrivals) all hands are needed...

But I have often been told, on the other hand, that it is more cost-productive for a good-looking and high-earning boy (and his family) for him to go on working in Pattaya at harvest time and to send money home to pay for a labourer in the fields in his place.

bucknaway
July 3rd, 2012, 08:59
I tend to visit in the month of October and I am not sure how that relates to the high vs low season but I can say that when I am there I have never thought there was a lack of attractive guys.