PDA

View Full Version : Eva airlines

June 29th, 2012, 22:00
I've just arrived in Bkk and as I seem to recall that someone had already told me about Eva air when I had enquired on here a while ago so I just wanted to say that for a low cost airline I thought their service was great, absolutely equivalent if not better than BA and over third cheaper than the same BA ticket, even in economy the food was good, the films ok and the seats comfortable ( although another inch of a recline would have been nice) but the staff were really professional and attentive and appeared to care which is WAY more than I can say for the average BA flight most of the time, so just in case anyone's considering using them and worried about them being so "cheap" don't be, as even in ecomony i think you'll be pleasantly surprised :-)

Meanwhile I'm now off to spend the extra weeks room booking worth of hotel money that I saved by flying Eva instead of BA and enjoy every minute of it :-)

vnman
June 29th, 2012, 22:09
Yeah NIrish, EVA air is good indeed. When I used to live in Thailand I used them for my trips to Amsterdam. Never flown economy with them because their evergreen delux used to be so cheap. But what i understand, the only difference was the size of the chairs and leg space.

NIrish in BKK...have fun!

joe552
June 29th, 2012, 22:10
back so soon? lucky b*stard :occasion9:

not a bit jealous. have a great time and keep us posted

June 29th, 2012, 22:14
Thanks guys - and yeah I'm
Sure I'll have fun as VN gave me a number for a guy that runs great smoking parties I hear ! Lol :-)). H I shouldn't joke, god knows WHERE I end up when I go off on one too ;-) but I'm adamant I'm going to try and take it s bit easier this trip and not but my body through too mush stress and strain, so no booze, minimal sex and lots of early morning chanting in temples, I think that should just about do it ! :-)

vnman
June 29th, 2012, 22:22
hahah, well I did speak to him yesterday. Don't tell him I'm back on Sunday. I was planning on actually staying conscious this time. Don't forget to tell us all about the beautiful temples and what not...why wast your time on boys? plenty of those in, well, basically everywhere.

No war stories = :ban:

Neal
June 29th, 2012, 22:24
Oh that's just great!! Just what I need. Another freaking falang that isn't gonna buy drinks in a go go bar. Just freaking great!
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

joe552
June 29th, 2012, 22:38
Neal, he's after your free wine - I seem to remember you promised him the wine I didn't drink on my trip :party

anonone
June 29th, 2012, 23:14
No worries Neal.
I am on my way and this falang LOVES to party at gogos....
:party

I do not think I will set foot in a temple this trip.....

Hopefully I beat NIrish to Pattaya....otherwise all the boys might be too tired. :sign5:

Hope you have a good time in BKK. I havent spent much time there of late. It will be interesting to hear of your exploits....

Marsilius
June 29th, 2012, 23:39
To get back to the subject if EVA, it's the only airline that I've ever travelled on where the passengers regularly give the flight attendants a spontaneous round of applause at the end of the flight.

joe552
June 30th, 2012, 00:43
I flew EVA's premium economy class a few years ago, and thought it was worth the extra couple of hundred pounds (I had a proper job then). Good service all round and would use again.

June 30th, 2012, 00:58
I used Eva LHR-BKK 3 or 4 times a few years ago on the old 747s.

I had absolutely no complaint about seats/service/food/drinks etc.

The only reason I stopped was that Emirates started up locally, thus saving a flight to London, a lengthy connection layover, and a 11/12 hour Eva flight.
I find that avoiding London and instead splitting the journey in half via DXB with a couple of hours break suits me better - but I realise other ppl prefer non-stop

:occasion9:

joe552
June 30th, 2012, 01:01
scottish, I now fly Etihad from Dublin via Abu Dhabi for the same reason - suits me to have a little break.

christianpfc
June 30th, 2012, 04:25
To get back to the subject if EVA, it's the only airline that I've ever travelled on where the passengers regularly give the flight attendants a spontaneous round of applause at the end of the flight.

As long at they don't applaud the pilot for landing the airplane without accident ...

vnman
June 30th, 2012, 06:46
I thought that the applauding was a thing of the past. Back when "everyone couldn't fly yet because it was to expensive." I think my taxi driver deserves a round of applause for getting me to HCMC airport safely

Chuai-Duai
July 1st, 2012, 22:25
I flew out from the UK with EVA for this most recent trip and I've used EVA more than any other airline in recent years and it suits me.

However this time the in-flight entertainment failed when the computer running it crashed. They kept trying to fix it and it was very funny watching as people starting watching films only to have them repeatedly stopping after about ten minutes. Actually they didn't seemed that amused at all but it didn't bother me as I prefer an audio book on my MP3 player so I don't watch the films at all. Eventually they had to give up and the system was turned off.

The food seems better on the return flights when I note it has the Thai Airways logo and the phrase "Thai Airways catering". I don't know who handles the catering for the outbound UK flights but my veggie meals are usually a bit grim.

But I'll stick with EVA unless there are specific offers, that beat their prices, from other airlines of similar quality as there are sometimes from Thai Airways.

July 2nd, 2012, 01:07
I usually fly by Etihad or Emirates from Manchester...cause i only live 10 miles from the airport ..but after reading your coments on here about Eva....so i checked them out...but found they were way more expensive than what i pay
i'm going back in Dec....and Emirates is ┬г605......Eva...┬г2124 !!..i dont think you can get a direct flight from Manchester
so i checked London....again Emirates...around ┬г600...Eva...non direct over ┬г3000!.....direct ┬г787..thats is still nearly 200 more than i pay..these are all economy fares...wouldent like to think what buisness or first class is.

ceejay
July 2nd, 2012, 03:38
Are you sure these are all economy? I've been looking at Eva for the same time frame and until very recently, I could only find enhanced economy seats available for that period. They cost a lot more, not least because they carry the same departure tax as first class! I did see that indirect flight as well - or one via Amsterdam - that makes no sense at all, I agree.
As far as the ┬г200 difference from London goes, that's about par for the course for direct flights. If you fly from London, then either having a direct flight is worth it or not, depending on your point of view. Some people actually prefer to take a break mid-flight.
I agree with you about flying from Manchester - if I were doing that, then it'd be Emirates every time.

cameroncat
July 2nd, 2012, 10:25
Now that Thai Airways no longer offers Premium Economy from Los Angeles to Bangkok, I will be back on EVA on my flight over next week. I just can't handle such a long trip in Economy. The few extra hundred dollars for EVA's ELITE class is well worth the extra seat width and legroom.