PDA

View Full Version : Years of appreciation.

bucknaway
June 25th, 2012, 03:21
It is hard for me to believe that I have been going to Thailand for so many years. It seems like only a year or two ago since my first trip but the facts tell a different story. Over the years I have desired to talk to others about what to expect while in Thailand, read stories of others adventures. Asked and received excellent advice and enjoyed the pictures and memories of others trips.

I miss SanitreeNapKin (Or something like that). I first became familiar with this kindhearted yet witty poster from the days of GayPattaya message board. They migrated to this board when we all followed Smiles from the ruins of GayPattaya till we arrived here at this board. You could say that Smiles was our very own Message Board Moses who led us to the promised land.

When I was not being delighted with Sanitree's witty yet insightful posts and replies, Smiles was there to play the straight man where he would play Abbott to Sanitree's Costello. (http://youtu.be/9b8oEcFmQD0)

Then there were the adventures of Traveler Jim. Not only did he offer GREAT advice on travel to Thailand, he would tell of his adventures in Pattaya and his life and times interacting with the guys of Pattaya. He could tell a tale so visual that you would feel as if you were in the room with him in the guys he was with witnessing the events right there along with him. I miss reading about his adventures.

And Smiles.... What can you say about Smiles? He would help you up using the same hand he used to smack you down with! Smiles liked to be seen as a no-nonsense, take no prisoners type of poster but I could tell that he was a nice guy at heart if only because of all the great information and advice he posted. It's because of him that I have had so many great holidays in Thailand. I've always appreciated Smiles for all that he had to offer here and in all honesty I can't say a bad word about him, but I would warn anyone not to poke that tiger with a stick!

And as I wright this I am wondering who Dodger has fallen in love with this week? Hahahaha! I say that with love and kindness only because I met Dodger once and after reading his on again, off again love-affairs, I can see him in my minds eye and say to myself that yes,m he seems the type to have a few Ex-Husbands. His theme song could be "To all the men I've Loved Before" (http://youtu.be/-cQxb0e7yY8)

To you 3 and otehr, I wanted to say thank you for all the years and all the great reading!

Impulse
June 25th, 2012, 09:11
What was your first year in Thailand Bucknaway? I think I remember you saying you bought a vt1 studio at one point, so I'm guessing about 8 years ago.
Yeah, time flies by. I miss the posters that seemed to hate each other the most. Like Beach Lover and lmtu. Even Beachbunny(boygenuis) kept things lively. I never understood what Homintern was all about, maybe someone can enlighten us about whether he really died or was just pulling a prank.

bucknaway
June 25th, 2012, 09:32
That was not me, I use to use the moniker BlkCuteGuy in the past years and then changed my name to what it is now. There use to be a poster here that went by Buck and people would often get his posts confused with my posts.