PDA

View Full Version : Clubs

martin911
June 21st, 2012, 07:56
For those few of ye that are interested Idol club has once again opened its doors
And 2pm has shut its doors !!
As my witty little demon BF said on our way home earlier-its mabye not the best to hire Khun Apple (Ple Majic) as a form of PR for your new club venture in Pattaya
It looks like any of the places she was doing a "PR " for have all closed !!!!
T&T ,The Club ,Idol (closed at least 3 times since opening by authorities ) and now the latest is -- 2 PM

I havnt been to Idol since it reopened so i cant comment but both Nab and Dave seem a little quiet these last few weeknites -but plenty of fun and still loads of guys in them !!!
Step Up is the opposite!!!! Its full Every nite until 5 am (closes now at 6ish ) -and still primarily a straight Thai club (and for some strange reason there is loads of Toms going there/and Very few Farang )-but its great fun nevertheless !!!

I was in a few karaokes earlier on Soi Korphai ( Fullman and Karcun (we call it Sure for some reason ) were both busy with the local Thai trade till early morning ......

NickysGayPattaya
June 21st, 2012, 08:41
T & T did indeed go, but now has a new owner and has re-opened in the name of Mum Stor.

I've been there and written a short report here - http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog/mum-stor-revives-the-old-t-t/

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/mum-stor-300x225.jpg

Nicky

June 21st, 2012, 12:54
Mom Stor is Soi Yensabai I see on the Facebook page.
Is that the Soi where Marina Hotel is on?

Neal
June 21st, 2012, 20:10
Closed as in closed down or closed at that time? I have been getting many reports that the police were ordered to get these late night venues closed by 2:30am. :dontknow:

colmx
June 22nd, 2012, 01:13
Tnks for the update Martin

10 weeks till my next trip so will be able to check out Idol again

Surprisingly now that BF is back living in Pattaya.,.. he has only been out to the clubs twice... Very unusual for him!

DaBoss:
2PM is the actual name of a late night club... not its closing time...

martin911
June 22nd, 2012, 09:04
DB -- they are all names of clubs that have actually closed for business - -

Re closing times --I gather Chalerm (second to Yingluck ) was in Pattaya this week - something to do with the new Mayor etc and he got up on his high horse (given some of the stories about him/his sons in Bkk thats funny ) about the enforcing of the 2.30 am late nite closing times (oh and the jet ski scams )

The Club and 2pm closed because they got the mix wrong/and too high prices ,Idol musnt have the same "IN " as both Nab/Dave-
--We walked into Nab at 4am tue nite --right past the 2 parked( on duty) motorbike policemen that were outside the building -the doors wide open,loud music blaring out --people like ourselves coming and going --and they didnt blink an eye at any of it !!

T&T was closed last year as part of one of the regular enforcement campaigns that crop up now and again (police changes etc ) --and it looks like it was kept closed as a sort of "warning" to other late nite clubs -(it was reported at the time 1 club in each district was to be picked out in this way )-it cert didnt close for lack of business (and it seems to be the one place that most people miss most (myself included )--- "shooting fish in a barrel " is the phrase that springs to mind :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Nicky-- re Mum Stor is it Karakoe only ??Or is it DJ/old T&T stlye also ???
It looked like part of the Old T&T building (where Mum stor is i believe ) was knocked down and put into a shop unit --but that was months ago !!

Colmx
Yes he has been paying me tea money so i stick to the same story !! :laughing3: :laughing3:

In fairness i have only seen him out once !! :occasion5:

vnman
June 27th, 2012, 14:29
"shooting fish in a barrel " is the phrase that springs to mind :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

that's interesting because I always say that about GOGOs. I don't think it's something positive, but In a club (and I'm not sure if you were talking about that) i would definitely appreciate it more. SO if I understand it correctly, that place is closed. What would you say is second best now?

martin911
June 27th, 2012, 18:20
Yes i was talking about it being in a club (i didnt mention anything about gogos in my earlier post )

And IN my op shooting fish in a barrel(easy to pick up guy/guysin a club) doesn't compare with buying a boy in a gogo bar !!!

Second best to T&T ???-- If you are a guy in somewhat fit condition then Nab is good/easy to pick up guys (for Bkk i would say Rachada soi 8 or Kardae (still temp closed ) )

If you are not in the best condition then Dave Evolution ( i kid you not Colmx ) is prob better (and the old reliable of Silom Dj/God for Bkk ) --but there will prob be a "checkbin " involved there !!

Have fun on your next trip --the last one sounded horrific --getting that shitfaced without friends is not to be recommended--You were lucky it wasnt worse !!--although i have never heard of the kind of stories that NI mentioned (we must move in different circles NI !! )

June 27th, 2012, 18:48
ha yes perhaps - I observed such things happening when knocking about with what I now know to be quite a shady character on the Bkk scene, a freelancer who rather than blackmail his customers directly actually made his money out of helping them get out of fixes such as the one I mentioned and he made it out to me that he was being a great friend to them and taking care etc - I hind sight now that I'm a bit older and wiser I have no doubt that it was him working in cahoots with his friends in the first place, his finding the John, then him / his friends setting them up, with him then getting his "friend" out of trouble by paying off the other Thai guys and them then all no doubt splitting the proceeds, thankfully I never had to use his services as I got on the right side of him from the start but it was interesting to watch and listen to all that went on over the year or so I knew him.

He did try to roll me in the end to by throwing a shitty fit in my hotel and threatening to tell everyone stuff like I had HIV ( I don't) or that I raped him ( I didn't ) etc if I didn't give him loads of money (for no particular reason) as he was either very drunk or high at the time (or both) but thankfully knowing his M.O I just stood my ground, got him chucked out of the hotel (where he stood down in the lobby for hours making a huge scene until the manager threatened to call the police and rang me to warn me he would if I didn't sort my BF out * which is why I stay at the Tarntawan as no other hotel would have tolerated it) so and I told him to go ahead and call the the police so he eventually left, he then left maybe 50 messages and missed calls on my phone threatening me with assault and all sorts if I didn't meet him again but thankfully as I was due to leave that next morning anyway I was able to go straight to the airport and avoid him ( much to his annoyance:-).

I've spoken to him since ( this was several years ago that happened now) and he apologised and stated it was because he was off his head on drugs at the time which he's now quit - personally I'm not so sure and think I was just his next mark, anyway being thailand i accepted his apology and bought him a drink to let him save face - and just as well as I've bumped into several times when on the scene in Bkk and he knows just about every guy I'm ever with and they all know him ( even though they NEVER admit that but I see them all talking / dealing gear in dark corners in GOD etc) so that drink was money well spent to avoid any shit at a later date and "so far" so good.

vnman
June 27th, 2012, 19:21
Dave man it is Martin :-)

what do you know about
Take Off 53, 2nd Road Soi 1
Triangle Super Club тАУ Second Road

Never heard of them before but I saw them in Nicky's website.

NIrish, what happened to the love drug? I'm sure the older ones under us remember the 60s 70s with the flower power era. That got repeated late 80s early 90s. That was all about love, sex, and house music. Non of that crazy stuff, well at least that's how I remember it.

I'm happy you stood your ground though.

martin911
June 27th, 2012, 21:22
Triangle is a really good space for a club --got all the latest gear to keep the punters happy -trouble is there is no punters going in the doors now that Dave moved back to their own premises with all their cute coyotes and staff
(Dave had been leasing Triangles premises whilst they got over their own tea money probs earlier this year )

We looked in to Triangle last fri nitr -- only 4 or 5 tables of people and my crowd were not going to make it 6 --not when Nab and Step Up is Right across the road !!

Take off-- -- not sure but i think its a place tour groups(book it out ) and then see " shows " -- there

thrillbill
June 27th, 2012, 22:38
For those few of ye that are interested Idol club has once again opened its doors
And 2pm has shut its doors !!
As my witty little demon BF said on our way home earlier-its mabye not the best to hire Khun Apple (Ple Majic) as a form of PR for your new club venture in Pattaya
It looks like any of the places she was doing a "PR " for have all closed !!!!
T&T ,The Club ,Idol (closed at least 3 times since opening by authorities ) and now the latest is -- 2 PM

I havnt been to Idol since it reopened so i cant comment but both Nab and Dave seem a little quiet these last few weeknites -but plenty of fun and still loads of guys in them !!!
Step Up is the opposite!!!! Its full Every nite until 5 am (closes now at 6ish ) -and still primarily a straight Thai club (and for some strange reason there is loads of Toms going there/and Very few Farang )-but its great fun nevertheless !!!

I was in a few karaokes earlier on Soi Korphai ( Fullman and Karcun (we call it Sure for some reason ) were both busy with the local Thai trade till early morning ......
Though I live in Pattaya (because of work) I find any of the clubs in Pattaya a bit boring. And every Thai there seems to be a commercial boy...I am not into skinny, fem types so go to BKK on weekend for a real fix of gay life.

martin911
June 28th, 2012, 03:35
I think we all get your point TB !!(you make it enough ) --you dont like pattaya much/full of money boys 18-20 skinny fem types ( NOT my style either ) and you prefer going to Bkk for Real men/ real social life --(like GOD )

Thanks for sharing that with the board (again 555 )

vnman
June 28th, 2012, 05:14
We looked in to Triangle last fri nitr -- only 4 or 5 tables of people and my crowd were not going to make it 6 --not when Nab and Step Up is Right across the road !!

Take off-- -- not sure but i think its a place tour groups(book it out ) and then see " shows " -- there

In this case better stick to what we know. I can mentally picture both Dave and Nab again. I'm sure that nab is the one with the big parking lot and toilets outside, isn't it? There also used to be a bar dancing...and now I forgot the street name but it's when you come from Pattaya land soi 1 and cross second road. A few hundred meters in that street. Was that XRay?

I need to find a map.

Thrillbill, I do like the boys in Pattaya but I understand what you're saying. Someone on this board reminded me that going to a club in Pattaya is pretty much the same as going in Vietnam. Everybody goes in groups and that gives a club a whole different atmosphere. Whereas Dj/God are more places where you can hang alone but don't feel like you are.

bucknaway
June 28th, 2012, 05:46
That is one sneaky way to look at your upcoming trip! Boiling 2 months & 2 weeks down to 10 weeks is hurtful to us people that feel that our trips are so far away. Even when I say my trip is 16 weeks away does not sound as sexy as your lean little 10 weeks. No math will help me make my upcoming trip sound near. 16 weeks or 112 days away or 2688 hours away... Oh, let me stop... I made it worse!

Closed as in closed down or closed at that time? I have been getting many reports that the police were ordered to get these late night venues closed by 2:30am. :dontknow:

colmx
June 28th, 2012, 05:58
9 weeks now bucky!

VNman - the place with the car park and toilets sounds like NAB....

The other place that you describe (at the back of welcome plaza/Avenue shopping centre) was Out XY

It is closed a good few years now... there is always some sort of business opening or closing there....
Its a place i never got to (was too busy spending my nights in X-ray at the time)
Both Out XY and X-ray closed around the same time

Speaking of x-ray.... i once the pleasure of ThrillBill standing at the table next to mine in x-ray once....
I know that you dislike the nellie types of Pattaya... but standing there drinking your beer, flexing your muscles and scowling at everyone does not endear you to anyone! If you try to enjoy it... you actually might! :dontknow: :dontknow:

martin911
June 28th, 2012, 07:07
5555555555555555555555555555 colmx--- you have some memory i keep telling you !!

Vman --i said this in an earlier thread --yes i agree re DJ/God and going on your own (i like doing this myself from time to time )they are more suited to a guy that might be alone --- but as regards the pattaya clubs (esp Dave ) i think if you go on your own you will be spotted by one of the eagle eyed coyotes/staff pretty sharp --over will come one or two to your table and strike up conversation (if you dont like that-- just politely say u wait for friend etc,and they will leave )

And while you are chatting them it gives you plenty of time to check out the other guys in the place and make moves when it suits you --
The same will apply in Nab
You will never be alone in the clubs trust me !!!

bruce_nyc
June 28th, 2012, 13:15
Oh my gosh!

This post just made me count....

And realize...

My trip is only 6 weeks and 6 days away!

Wow!

No wonder I'm obsessing about it. :happy7:

June 28th, 2012, 15:13
I'm glad I never go to those places - it all seems so complicated.

vnman
June 28th, 2012, 17:03
Scottish:

I'm trying to relive my 20s and how can that ever be uncomplicated when your double that age. Cruising in a park, gay romeo, gogos are all doable and welcome if nothing else is available. But there is nothing better than hanging in a club, having a few drinks, and starting to make eye contact and flirting with a cute guy. In this situation I can still fool myself into thinking that it's all real.

pennyboy
June 28th, 2012, 19:46
The last reincarnation of Out XY was a straight disco/bar was named Volume. It has since been closed and once more being refurbished. There is a sign outside advertising for staff for the new place called Bliss Boys karaoke and Bar. maybe open soon?

anonone
June 29th, 2012, 04:42
I am down to about 3 days until I get back to Pattaya. :thumbup:

I am sure we will wind up at a club for a night or two. I will make an effort to check out Idol. It was closed the last trip when we tried....And as someone mentioned earlier, damn I miss T&T.

And I will do my best to stay away from the Valium. :headbang:

vnman
June 29th, 2012, 07:12
And I will do my best to stay away from the Valium. Hahaha, you do that, but by all means; don't forget the sorry. Deleted. DaBoss :-)

newalaan
June 30th, 2012, 15:55
In Pattaya this last week and visited a few clubs/late night venues.

Hollywood was first on the list last Friday...absolutely packed...mostly Asians this time, last time it was Middle Eastern customers but this time large amount of weekend visiting Thais, but lots of Japanese and Koreans. Very few gay boys going here now.......probably only like us only going for a change from the usual clubs or for special occassions as we did for a birthday party. Show here and live singers still top class...but the DJ still rattling out the same boring stuff.

Last Saturday went to NAB, first time for a while. We didn't get there till 1am and was not expecting to get a good table. Although it was busy it was FAR from packed and we walked straight down to an excellent table near the stage. there were alot of 'reserved' stickers on good tables round about us which came off as it was clear some customers were not going to turn up. Still it was great fun there, show ok for me, thai friends enjoyed the joking katoeys as usual, plenty of gay guys still go there in groups for fun but make it known they are available when you pass the tables on the way to and from the toilet.

We left there about 3am when the bottle was empty and headed over to Step Up on the upper floor. We really like Step Up lower floor when the live bands are on, but we headed up to the club. absolutely jam packed, i didn't see another farang in the time i was there, excellent tunes from the DJs and much fun being had. But difficult for me to know if it was particularly busy because of Saturday night or if it is like this all the time.

One night we went to Stardice in North Pattaya, we go there because we know one of the show singers, it is a great place just to visit now and again as it is so different to the other late night clubs. You need to go fairly early for the fun. we went at 11.30pm and it was packed. BUT the clientelle are 99% Japanese and Korean. The audience are VERY excitable and give it one hundred percent. the show band play mostly Japanese and Korean pop star music often with the actual original video with words in Japanese/english/thai playing on large screens in sync with the band. the audience wave glow sticks, sing along, scream and whistle, get up on the podiums in groups to dance, and all seemingly done almost sober, as there are very few bottles of whisky here, it's mostly soft drinks and water on the tables in the front area which has most of the 18-30 crowd. the older folks at the back have mostly RED and lots of BLACK whiskey. It is quite surreal. Everything is done in groups, one starts the rest follow. It is quite funny really, but they seem to have such a good time, fun fun fun...absolutely no attitude, no trouble all happy and nice...unreal for westerners! I was the only farang in the massive crowd. It is about the same size of place as Hollywood and the old Xyte so it is big. Then almost as if a secret password has been sent around huge groups suddenly start heading for the exits just after the DJ starts his set about 1.30am, and the place goes from jam packed to almost empty...it is really wierd! 20 go here, 15 there, 25 there, etc.. all in large gruops heading for the exits.

We left too at 2am and headed to IDOL. The first time it had been open during one of my visits. Unusually for us we had near-full bottle of Red from Stardice left over and for the first time i can remember for years we went into IDOL/club with a bottle. It cost Bt300 corkage, but was still worth it. As for IDOL...i'm not really sure about it. It looks huge from the outside as it is so tall a building but inside seems quite small/cramped to me, where our table was in the centre of the stage area, moving around was very difficult let alone dance. It has many waiters, it seemed to me too many waiters for the amount of customers and tables. It wasn't full as there were quite a few tables near the side-stage area. There was procession after procession of 'Coyotes' boys onstage in jeans, then underwear, then individually introduced...it seemed to take ages. We had one of the large boyztown bars mamsans join us after work and her 20% VIP card was accepted and the bill cut accordingly which i was surprised at, as these promotions rarely get used/accepted.

So i'm not that sure of Idol yet, maybe i need to visit a few times to get a feel for the place. Many boys and waiters we have talked to in various places all still say Dave Man is THE gay place to go, with NAB second...none gave IDOL as a recommedation.

Last night (Friday) went to Tam Nan Chon as there was a concert by Sek Loso. I heard about it late so was unable to book a table. we went in hope that a table might become available, but at 12am it was totally full, but that didn't stop them selling tickets at the door for Bt300 each for a bottle of beer to get in, then it was 'up to you'!
His set had already started by the timne we got in and it really was absolutely packed, i have been here for weekend nights and Carabao concert before but have never seem a venue so full. But by 12.30am most of the customers were drunk, so getting invited to join a table was easy and quick as there were only 3 of us. I just headed to the far side down by the stage clicked a few glasses and we had space at a table (invited) not that it really made any difference as everybody was just dancing anywhere, a real free-for-all if ever i seen one. Loso finished at 1.30am and we stayed for the DJ for a while, the guys who invited us to share their table wouldn't accept money for the whiskey...so we just paid for some of the mixer tabs. Great night there and still plenty of gay lads going to Tam Nan Chon.

Also last night the Triangel Club as handing out flyers for a special night, i think on Sunday...but obviously trying to drum up business. I was at a Sunee beerbar and they wnet round all the bars, it was lead by 'Lek' of the old 'Dude' night club which was abandoned by the fickle gay crowd a few years ago and left to die. Not much feed back about Triangel apart from Martin911's reports.

Just a few updates from this week, please forgive any spelling mistakes as i rattled this out quickly in my room this morning at Mosiak and still a bit knackered from last night.

vnman
June 30th, 2012, 16:12
I for one found it an interesting read. You definitely talked my out off going to Idol. I really don't like shows that much but a presentation of coyote boys even less. Don't we have gogo bars very that? I do like the comedy shows though. Not because I'm able to follow any of it, nor do I want to, but it's the perfect time to look around and find a new love. Lights are on and music off...for me that means my brain can function again.

I'm intrigued by that triangle flyer because I have never been there. But Sunday is my first night and I think that Dave should be at the top of my list.

Again, great stuff newalaan.

colmx
June 30th, 2012, 20:13
Tnks for the report NewAlaan... Interesting to heat that Star Dice North is still going strong
We used to visit Star Dice Dance pub on Beach Road/Pattaya Klang the odd night when it was open and always had a good night... Might stick Naklua on the agenda for a night out next trip!

On my last trip to hollywood i noticed that they had bumped their mixer price up to 70B and ice to 120B... That tends to add a fair bit to the bill at the end of a bottle of whiskey (e.g 2000B in mixers for 1 bottle versus the usual 1500B)

BF was in Idol last night and said he had a great night... The crowd there can be a bit strange for me (older/richer and uglier Thai gays)... but one thing i do like about Idol is when the customers all get up on the stage at the end of the night... Suddenly the average age of the customers seems to drop from 30ish to late teens/early 20s.... Just where were all those cute boys hiding before?

BF was always a big fan of Tum Nan Chon... but since he moved back to Pattaya he has started frequentting Tum Nan Khon Issan more... I think he like there as he always comes home with a handful of numbers (which of course he throws straight in the bin and doesn't use.... :sign5: )

The order for me is Def Dave, Idol, NAB in order 1,2,3
With StepUp reserved for later when the night needs to be extended!

vnman
June 30th, 2012, 20:44
And I will do my best to stay away from the Valium. Hahaha, you do that, but by all means; don't forget the sorry. Deleted. DaBoss :-)Ow, i think you misunderstood. Consuming your drinks neat makes you drunk faster :angel5:

martin911
July 1st, 2012, 00:51
Did DaBoss not KNOW that ?? :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
)
He needs to get out more 555555555555 (not pass out like you Vnman :evil4: :evil4:

vnman
July 1st, 2012, 03:34
Martin, I decided to deny all allegation that something like that has ever happened. Further more, I would like to inform the board that my nick had temporarily been hacked. You guys can't believe that I really would be so irresponsible (read stupid). :angel11:

newalaan
July 1st, 2012, 17:00
Visted Triangel Club last night for a special party night (which i had originally thought was tonight). arrived about 12.30am and place was busy-ish but tons of tables available. It's a kind of strange set up inside as there are large lounging sofas on the right as you go in which had a laid back feel and then right next to that area is the dance area with the usual tall tables. (i just remembered that the sofas are there probably because it describes itself (i think) as a 'supper club')

But it's a nice place, and when it filled up later had a good vibe, there is a house band playing more like the Hollywood set-up, very good vocalists and played up-beat songs which went down well with the crowd. Plenty of room not crushed like Idol or Dave Man on a busy night. Surprisingly no restroom attendants here...well not that we could see when we went. Probably very busy because it was a Saturday and the night had been heavily promoted around the bars so i'm not sure what it would be like on a 'normal' night. It was an egyption/pharaohs theme but again i'm not sure if that was just because it was a special occassion night or if that is the theme everyday.

Good attention from the waiters and also from Mamasan/manager Lek who went round the tables introducing himself and thanking customers for giving the place a try.
we enjoyed Triangel Club, i was with my bf and two friends who all said it was a good night there and will definitely go back just to see if it has any consistancy or if the enjoyment we had on last night's visit was a one-off. We left about 3am as i wanted to visit Dave Man club...which i made a few notes on the Foam Party thread.

martin911
July 4th, 2012, 01:53
I also was there sat nite in Triangle --one friend wanted to see what the party was about so we decided to drop in before going on to Nab
Was only there from 2.30 to 3ish --
As a club its good but it is too big in size INMHO --and on nites when there might be few customers about it looks so empty
But they have to have Thee best looking coyotes of any club in Pattaya
--when the first group of 10/12 came on stage ---WOW -pretty much all well built young guys 20-25 odd
My friends mouth was positively drooling at them --and even more when the second similar group arrived on stage
But i do not think there will be enough customers to support them !!!