PDA

View Full Version : Urgent appeal for O-negative blood in Bkk area

travelerjim
June 20th, 2012, 20:27
V Paribatra N.A.тАП@Vbthip

Urgent appeal for O-negative blood in Bkk area (Mahachai Hospital, Samut Sakorn).

If u can help, please call David Simmons, phone 0845350416
Retweeted by bangkokpundit

Marsilius
June 20th, 2012, 20:37
An appeal on a board such as this one would be pretty pointless in the UK where the authorities still refuse donations from men who have had sex with other men in the past 12 months. That refusal appears to be based on clinical advice: see http://www.blood.co.uk/can-i-give-blood/exclusion/

Thailand is prepared to allow greater risks, I guess. But does that compromise the safety of its blood stocks?

christianpfc
June 21st, 2012, 03:14
The same for Germany. There is long questionary, one question is: do you have sex with the same sex? (I don't remember if any period was quoted.)When I was donating blood in Germany, I could honestly answer this question with no, as I was gay, but deep in the closet.

June 21st, 2012, 03:33
I could honestly answer this question with no, as I was gay, but deep in the closet.

I don't mean to get personal but at that time had you ever had sex with another man/boy? The reason I ask is that the above is confusing. If you were deep in the closet, that does not mean that you never had sex with someone of the sames sex and then you can't answer honestly. Just looking for a clarification. :dontknow:

christianpfc
June 22nd, 2012, 02:14
At that time, I did not have had sex with anyone. By "deep in the closet" I meant that nobody knew that I was gay, which means that I didn't have sex with a man/boy, because if I had had, he would have known that I am gay.

I wanted to point out the difference between beeing gay and having sex with men. You can be gay but don't have sex with men (which was the case for me). They do not exclude gays from donating blood, they exclude MSM (men who have sex with men) from donating blood. For members of this forum this distinction is insignificant.

Neal
June 22nd, 2012, 02:28
Ah, thanks for the explanation Christian. Makes sense now, not that it was my business ya know.
When are you coming back to visit? We need to see some cute falang gays around here!

christianpfc
June 23rd, 2012, 03:33
The earliest chance to come back is September. Depending on when and where I find a new job, I might stay a few months in Thailand (or even find a job in Thailand and move there!). At the moment, everything is open.