PDA

View Full Version : 30 June sex shows/massage places BKk to close?

Blueskytoday
June 18th, 2012, 15:02
KINDLY DISREGARD THIS POSTING..
A HOAX WAS PLAYED ON ME..THE SUPPOSED NEWSPAPER ARTICLE
WAS TOTALLY MADE UP AND FALSE..
I apologize for my question and posting of this item..

HI:
Read a news article the Thai Government states they will close down
the sex shows and massage places in Bangkok on June 30th, due to increasing
news coverage around the world on Sex tourists going to Bangkok.
Anyone know this is truly planned to happen??
Could be just another statement that will not actually happen.

ceejay
June 18th, 2012, 15:14
I think a post like this would be much improved by a link to the source.

June 18th, 2012, 17:04
Damn it ! There it looks like I'll have to go and cancel my flights now as they're closing all the good places on exactly the day I arrive, that is SO typical of the Thai Government, they do something like this EVERY time I book a trip ! Hmmmm you know what I think I'll risk it as I'm "fairly certainly" that even the might of the Thailand Government wouldn't want to close ALL shows and massage joints in one day ! lol - and if they do - hey ho, airport here I come for a departing flight out !! :-)

anonone
June 18th, 2012, 17:47
As long as it is only in Bangkok, I will be OK. I will be in Pattaya...

And no, I don't think for a second that this is any possibility. I would also like to see a link to the article....any chance of that?

Neal
June 18th, 2012, 17:54
I have tried so hard to Google this "article" and have come up empty handed so I give little hope that there is one. I may be wrong. :dontknow:

June 18th, 2012, 17:55
???? There seem to be a few posts that have vanished from this thread ? - the OP did post a while ago to say just to ignore his original message as he'd discovered the article to which he was referring was indeed a hoax and likewise I had replied to that saying thank goodness and it was all fairly normal anyway as the Thai Government always try to close the place when I'm coming etc, but I see both posts have disappeared - perhaps the boss has been having a wee fiddle at his knobs again and inadvertently dispatched our posts into the ether somewhere! ?

Neal
June 18th, 2012, 17:59
???? There seem to be a few posts that have vanished from this thread ? - the OP did post a while ago to say just to ignore his original message as he'd discovered the article to which he was referring was indeed a hoax and likewise I had replied to that saying thank goodness and it was all fairly normal anyway as the Thai Government always try to close the place when I'm coming etc, but I see both posts have disappeared - perhaps the boss has been having a wee fiddle at his knobs again and inadvertently dispatched our posts into the ether somewhere! ?

Why must I always get the blame! :angryfire: You know users can delete their own posts for up to 8 hours!
I just checked the moderator logs and I see that Blueskytoday did in fact delete something. It doesn't tell me what went bye bye but something did. I accept you apology and now you are down 2 glasses of wine. :occasion9:

June 18th, 2012, 18:06
Ah !!! but i did think of that before posting and realised whilst he may have deleted his post BUT that wouldn't explain MY deleted post as well ( which obviously being me I know I didn't delete:-) .......so no, it's your board, you deleted the posts, you're OBVIOUSLY just a control freak deleting even the most innocent posts just to show you can, so it's OBVIOUSLY all about YOU ! So, I'll have three glasses of wine to make up for your over the top control freakery. lol :-)

( And no I don't ACTUALLY think you deleted anything ( we not intentionally anyway ;-) so I'll give you the benefit of saying that perhaps the post that I posted never actually made it to the board at all and I deleted here with out actually sending it by mistake :-)

Neal
June 18th, 2012, 18:18
First you blame me for deleting his post and now you are blaming me for deleting your post when in fact you probably have a case of overweight fingers and did not actually post it at all. :pain10:

As you can see by the moderators logs, neither mod did anything with your post.

Latest 5 logged actionsAction Username User IP View topic View logs Time
Changed topic type
┬╗ Friday June 22nd 8pm - 9 pm FREE WINE! DaBoss 119.42.64.82 View topic View logs Mon 18 Jun, 2012 5:48 pm
Deleted post тАЬRe: 30 June sex shows/massage places BKk to close?тАЭ written by
┬╗ Blueskytoday Blueskytoday 1.231.41.155 View topic View logs Mon 18 Jun, 2012 5:14 pm
Edited post тАЬAirport Runway DelaysтАЭ written by
┬╗ Blueskytoday DaBoss 119.42.64.82 View topic View logs Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:34 pm
Approved post
┬╗ Re: Indonesian Navy DaBoss 119.42.64.82 View topic View logs Mon 18 Jun, 2012 2:25 pm
Approved post
┬╗ Re: Indonesian Navy

You are now down to maybe a sip of wine from the bottom of Joe552"s glass! :evil4:

June 18th, 2012, 18:24
Ah but you're making the mistake of now making two charges against me where there should only be one as I ALWAYS said you MAY have deleted both posts even from the start !! Lol

Actually I think you're right that my post may have never actually even hit the board, it is there in my own cache and I can still see it but (as does happen sometimes) if my connection fails on my hitting "submit" then that would be the likely reason for it's non delivery - HOWEVER that likely reason ( nor my fat fingers) is no where NEAR as much fun as blaming you on everything possible at every possible opportunity !! You seem not to get that ? :-) So, a sip it looks like being then, but that suits me fine as anything from piss out of a sweaty sock upwards works for me ! :-)

Actually on reflection I blame the OP for not deleting the ORIGINAL post just and not just the bit saying it was a fake, there, it's all his fault now, send him the bill for my wine immediately !! :-)

bkkguy
June 18th, 2012, 19:03
I think a post like this would be much improved by a link to the source.

I have tried so hard to Google this "article" and have come up empty handed so I give little hope that there is one. I may be wrong. :dontknow:

well there was this article back in April from Stickman:

Sex Tourism: New Regulations On The Horizon (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Naughty-Boys-Hell.htm)

Thailand has always been relaxed and laid-back when it comes to prostitution. Thai men are discreet and have their fun behind closed doors. Foreigners are rather different, and everyday Thais cannot understand what possesses some foreign men to parade their whore du'jour in public. Their behavior and lack of shame is seen by many Thais as unfathomable. More and more Thais are concerned at how the foreign sector of the sex industry has become so public. ... Things have got so far out of hand that the authorities have decided to do something about it.

but that was relating to the girlie bars and was published on the 1st of that month - but is still a good leg pull read even now!

bkkguy

Neal
June 18th, 2012, 23:06
i really don't think we need to keep discussing something that the OP said was evidentally a hoax that he fell for and apologized for it. Do we? No.