PDA

View Full Version : Ambiance in Boyztown offering great rates for off season

lonelywombat
June 17th, 2012, 14:19
These rates might have been around for some time but as advertisers on Sawatdee, I looked to see what deals were on offer.

here is the ad from Agoda

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/patt ... views.html (http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/ambiance_pattaya_hotel/reviews.html)

$US72 rooms for $29

$US75 for $30

$US98 for $39

$US102 for $41

Right in the heart of Boyztown with access to the shows and around the corner from Happyplace and their modest priced drinks.

Neal
June 17th, 2012, 14:28
If you are going to take advantage of this and other special rates from Agoda, please click on one of the banners here on Sawatdee Gay Forum to support this forum.

June 17th, 2012, 16:55
And on the very page which the Wombat links to, you will find a review of the Ambience which sums up what happens when you market what used to be a "Gay" hotel in a Gay area, to the "Straight" community.

The review, from a Singaporean, is headed:

Cheap Clean Room but beware if you detest gay

:occasion9:

*edited to make it clear which hotel the review refers to!

lonelywombat
June 17th, 2012, 17:54
Of course it is an alternative for those that turn up at Howards and try and fit 4 to a room.

Even though they try and put up with the lack of a nod when the "MASTER' walks in, Ambiance is certainly better than some of the smaller gay hotels, by a long shot.

Why they try and make comparisons ?? we already know!

June 17th, 2012, 18:15
Ok, I'll play -

My experience of Howards is roughly as follows:

Rooms Booked - 2 (1x VIP + 1 x STD)
Checked In 3.30pm
Checked Out 3.45pm

Quite what Howards has to to with your own thread about the Ambiance and my illustration of the type of person the Ambiance cut-prices are liable to attract (as evidenced by the review I highlighted), I can not quite understand.

lonelywombat
June 19th, 2012, 14:30
I have had the impression that the hotels in Boyztown would rather go broke than advertise on Sawatdee,and to be fair the other sites as well.

The rubbish quotes from satisfied patrons on their website seems more like a promotion from the owners, than real posters . However!

[Did LMTU give them advise on how to increase bookings/posts]

The fact that at last Ambiance have decided to advertise is a recognition that they may have caused themselves a self imposed injury, that hopefully may not be final.

The rooms are very good, better than all others same price, and right in the middle of the gay area. Access to the show downstairs and across the road at Copa.

Two male bars competing for massages, right outside the front door. No fems there.

And dont forget Happyplace is just around the corner.

The deals look good and are well timed for the off season.

If the gay area is to revive, then Ambiance must be there doing well.

a447
June 19th, 2012, 15:40
The Ambiance was certainly doing well when I was there in April.
And I have just booked my next stay. The first 4 nights in a deluxe room will cost me 8900 baht, but includes pick up from Suwanabohmi (I know, but it's something like that!) PLUS the trip back to the airport! The other 4 nights are at 1490 + 7% tax.
And as Lonely pointed out, look to the right or to the left and you've got handsome massage boys waiting for you! Plus, Happy place is 2 minutes away.
Add to that the verandah area, the great new restaurant (I wrote about it last time), thorough check of the boy's ID and super friendly staff/management.

Why would you stay anywhere else?

June 19th, 2012, 16:19
"handsome massage boys" - we must be talking about a different place ! have you SEEN some of the guys hanging around outside there of late - they would need to pay me I think !! lol But beauty as ever I guess is in the eye of the beholder :-)

June 19th, 2012, 17:14
...Why would you stay anywhere else?

Not wanting to conduct your "business" in the goldfish bowl of Soi 3 is a good enough reason for me a447.

:hello2:

And before the usual suspects chip in - no, I don't have anything to hide thank you, I just like my privacy/anonymity

June 19th, 2012, 17:23
hear hear Scots, as on my last trip when i was staying in Mosaik I was sitting in the Corner bar having a drink and one of the boys came up to me and in the course of the conversation asked "i go to your room?" and I asked him what he meant ( as it wasn't in the context of the conversation) and he replied "your room, I know you stay in Copa hotel, I see, you bring many boys there" - and he was absolutely correct as that's where I'd always previously stayed, thankfully like yourself I've nothing to hide and nor do I care who sees me doing "whatever", but as always in Thailand nothing is missed and the boys and the bar staff there could get a job in special branch any day !

a447
June 19th, 2012, 18:25
But when all the goldfish are gay, it doesn't bother me...hehe

And anyway, any business takes place behind closed doors and there are only 2 goldfish in the room.

June 19th, 2012, 19:58
I'm not going to re-open the can of worms as to how predatory those middle-aged/elderly queens can be - they're more like piranhas than goldfish dear.

christianpfc
June 20th, 2012, 04:13
I can find accommodation that satisfies my requirements far cheaper elsewhere.

RonanTheBarbarian
June 20th, 2012, 05:59
I am sure you can Christian. But i suspect that your "requirements" might be somewhat more spartan than most posters!

June 20th, 2012, 07:44
Like a mattress on the floor, bare bulb light, and shared bathroom? :sign5:

June 20th, 2012, 14:32
Christian would not require the light bulb and would instead negotiate a further discount on the room in lieu of the light bulb.

This is because he carries his own light bulb (20W) around with him - alongside the half empty bottles of water from his nights on the tiles, and the wads of toilet tissue "borrowed" from the hong naam in every bar.

:evil4:

June 20th, 2012, 16:17
Ha ha it would take you to have a thick skin on this board and not get to easily offended or anything :-)

lol Christian you know we DO love you really :-)

christianpfc
June 21st, 2012, 03:19
Like a mattress on the floor, bare bulb light, and shared bathroom? :sign5:

I don't go that low (shared bathroom). Howard's guesthouse standard room does fulfil my requirements. In fact, the rooms I had there are larger, nicer and cheaper than my accommodation in England was and my accommodation in France is. Howard's is about 3 to 4 times cheaper than what a447 paid at the Ambiance.

joe552
June 21st, 2012, 03:29
I stayed at the Mosaik (in a large studio in a separate building across the street from the main one). For 2 weeks I paid a total of тВм183, and тВм45 of that was for electricity as I had the aircon on most of the time. Only problem for me was there was no lift/elevator and the room was on the top (4th) floor and I'm not getting any younger. But apart from that, I can't fault the place. Would definitely stay again (but probably pay extra to be in the main building just for the lift).

frequentflier
June 21st, 2012, 10:18
I have stayed at the Ambiance a few times and always found it to be good.I noticed today that the prices are very attractive on that website..Best of luck to them.

June 21st, 2012, 12:58
...I don't go that low.... Howard's guesthouse standard room does fulfil my requirements..

Yes, dear.

Marsilius
June 21st, 2012, 15:19
Howard's guesthouse standard room does fulfil my requirements. In fact, the rooms I had there are larger, nicer and cheaper than my accommodation in England was and my accommodation in France is.

You can't ever have stayed in Room 2 ( ground floor at back left), then.

June 21st, 2012, 19:38
Howard's guesthouse standard room does fulfil my requirements. In fact, the rooms I had there are larger, nicer and cheaper than my accommodation in England was and my accommodation in France is.

Well, as I revealed on another thread - we booked 2 rooms @ Howards (1 Standard, 1 VIP) and once we had seen them (as opposed to the website pics), we checked back out within 15 minutes.

The standard of the accomodation was just not satisfactory for us although I appreciate different people have different requirements..

We checked into a "mainstream" hotel instead (closer to BT) and got 1 Std Room and 1 Junior Suite for the same price as we would have paid @ Howard's - so it's not that cheap either

christianpfc
June 22nd, 2012, 02:22
I never stayed in room 2. As far as I remember, I always stayed in rooms on the first (European counting) / second (US counting) floor. I have especially fond memories of room 24, where I had some of my best sex. The picture I submitted for the contest (sexy boy) was taken in room 24.

Standard room is 500 Baht in low season and 600 Baht in high season. At such prices, I don't look any further, although you might get similar standard for a bit less, but not in that location.

(If there are any more questions, we should split this thread and make a new one about Howard's guesthouse.)

kittyboy
June 22nd, 2012, 07:16
I have stayed at Howards and I found the place perfectly fine. Of course I have low standards.
Marsilius what is so bad about room 2? I think I stayed in room 2. It is on the ground floor near the elevator.

Neal
June 22nd, 2012, 13:34
Please no more Howard's or Mosaik or Copa on this thread. Please start other threads?

bruce_nyc
June 28th, 2012, 13:34
Aren't the rooms at Le Cafe Royale just as nice, and slightly less expensive... or am I mistaken?

How do the Ambiance, Copa, and Cafe Royale rooms (and room rates) compare?

lonelywombat
June 29th, 2012, 13:45
Im glad you asked question re Cafe Royale. What happened to the lift. is it working to both CR and Copa floors. Or does Copa have the use only.

The lifts at Ambiance are first class, I sent a friend who could not get into Poseiden and he thought the place was as good. He preferred the dining room at Poseiden .Hard man to please.

He speaks very well about several of the masseurs that line the footpath over outside Copa.

jolyjacktar
June 29th, 2012, 14:07
I have noticed on Ambiances web site they are saying from june to september there is a further 20% discount on rooms to web prices.....however it also says that maintainence of the water pipes on the roof and bathrooms will be taking place durring this period hence the further discounts.
Perosnaly i wouldnt book into a hotel knowing noisey work was being carried out. I want some peace and quite on holiday not bang bang bang!!!!maybe a little boy bang bang bang is kool though

Daniel-old
June 29th, 2012, 15:54
What happened to the lift. is it working to both CR and Copa floors. Or does Copa have the use only.

The original lift remains in the Caf├й Royale. When the Caf├й Royale and Copa separated, Copa installed a lift to service their own rooms.

lonelywombat
June 29th, 2012, 18:27
That's very interesting . All 3 hotels in Pattayaland 3 have lifts.

I am getting sick and tired of carrying suitcases upstairs, let alone walking many times a day.

Next to a lift is having breakfast in bed.

Neal
June 29th, 2012, 19:01
The hotels have lifts because their customer base was getting older and could not make the trek up the stairs and if they wanted to rent rooms, well then they had to put in lifts.

June 29th, 2012, 19:22
And yet certain SGF members keep telling us that the tourists (including themselves) are getting younger and fitter !!

If these Adonis figures are so youthful and athletic that they get all their sex for FREE - how come they need a lift to get up 3 flights (at most) of stairs?
Are they simply exhausted from all the FREE shagging?

I think we should be told.

Neal
June 29th, 2012, 19:30
I only remember years ago when I came to Pattaya quite often to visit and spent literally hundreds of thousands of baht at the Ambiance. As a few years went on, I and several other guests kept complaining that we just could not n=make it up the stairs past the first level. All of a sudden Jim and Gordon put in a lift and everyone was happy. After that the Copa put one in there.
I don't know where the younger generation is but I do know that the older generation who usually has money to blow would not be renting in hotels that didn't have lifts.

christianpfc
June 30th, 2012, 03:30
I am getting sick and tired of carrying suitcases upstairs...

You can surely get one of the hotel's staff carrying the suitcases for you?

Climbing stairs to the third floor does exhaust your? Come on ladies, a bit of exercise is good for your body!

June 30th, 2012, 03:45
Well said, Christian - whenever my Chariot draws up at any hotel in Thailand, the staff are out immediately to offload the suitcases - I have no choice in the matter, nor do I want one.

The staff are eager and happy to take control of the luggage and convey it to my boudoir (and, of course, collect a tip for doing so).

The only conclusion I can draw is that people who choose to carry their own luggage up 3 flights of stairs must do it because they are too tight to give a tip.

:party

joe552
June 30th, 2012, 04:25
or maybe, scottie, it's part of their daily workout - which makes them so fit they don't have to pay for sex? just wondering :dontknow:

lonelywombat
June 30th, 2012, 07:42
I am getting sick and tired of carrying suitcases upstairs, let alone walking many times a day.

I am sure the place you selected when you moved out of Howard's ,did not have a lift. Was definitely not even considered.

But the movement down and up again 3 flights for meals, drinks, shopping can be a drag. Say up to a dozen times a day, both ways.

It appears that certain posters seem to think that the older people that kept Pattaya going, are no longer wanted.

vnman
June 30th, 2012, 15:51
It appears that certain posters seem to think that the older people that kept Pattaya going, are no longer wanted. I always thought that the young cuties kept Pattaya going :scratch:

June 30th, 2012, 15:54
LW - assuming that your response was aimed at me (it's hard to tell - but I'm the one who moved out of Howards, so...) then, since I moved into a regular full service hotel with 200+ rooms and 10+ floors, yes it had a lift - but I did not choose it on that criterion.

What you need to do, IMHO, is to get yourself a sense of humour - because, on this forum at least, you display none at all.
For someone who has lived almost an entire lifetime, you seem to have an awfully thin skin.
All that Christian was saying (and I expanded on) was that in every hotel in Thailand that either of us has used, it has not been necessary to carry luggage up 3 flights of stairs or any flights of stairs - and it was you who mentioned luggage wasn't it - we didn't hallucinate it in your post?
Of course, it is accepted that walking up and down the stairs several times in a day might be difficult for some - but the last time I looked, hotels were built on the ground and not in the air. Hence they tend to also have rooms which are on the ground or 1st floor as well as higher floors - and a simple request on booking usually secures these.

Now, getting to these "older people who kept Pattaya going" - let's be frank - these "sex-pioneers" did not do this out of any sense of responsibility or benevolence to future generations of sex tourists.
I rather suspect they did it because they could get fucked 6 times a day if they wanted - and (at the time) for the price of a ballpoint pen and a banana.
Further, a great many of these "heroes" were only in Pattaya because they were on the run from the authorities at home (and some still are).
A little honesty goes a long way.

bruce_nyc
June 30th, 2012, 21:49
Ha ha! :notworthy:

You guys make me COL ( chuckle out loud)

This forum contains some of the most entertaining dialogue on the internet, IMHO.

witchhunt
July 1st, 2012, 15:13
You did not have to get that honest Scotty. We know all about you and your many trips to Pattaya.Your patronizing trips to the bars that nod to you when you walk in.

Your vice regal presence.

ROFLMYA

Scotty you are a scream!!!!

July 1st, 2012, 16:22
- And you're clearly hysterical - somebody slap the bitch!

:bootyshake:

TravellerDave
July 1st, 2012, 21:28
I stayed for 5 nights at the Ambiance. Real nice room and free strong wifi. Very clean and strict check on boys ID I had in the room. Reasonably quiet considering it's situation.
The airport transfer is far too expensive 2300 for a limo.
Free computer usage. Nice breakfast.

July 20th, 2012, 21:15
The point that at last Atmosphere have made the decision to promote is a identification that they may have triggered themselves a self charged damage, that hopefully may not be last. And the areas are very excellent, better than all others same cost, and right in the center of the gay place. Entry to the display downstairs and across the street at Copa.

anonone
July 21st, 2012, 07:30
Sherrybr...WTF are you trying to say? Is this google translate or something. :dontknow:

bruce_nyc
July 21st, 2012, 10:35
Oh Good. I thought I was the only one who didn't understand a single word of that. :drunken: