PDA

View Full Version : SRI LANKA

pandorasbox-old
May 21st, 2006, 23:29
Looking to visit Sri Lanka in early September or late November for about 2 weeks.

Any general advice on places to stay things to see etc.

Like a bit of comfort - 4* min or very nice villa/guest house.

Enjoy looking at old ruins - no bitchy comments please!

Also enjoy most other aspects of gay life!

Thanks

Bob
May 23rd, 2006, 04:03
...you should have never let him out of your box!

cuteboy
June 21st, 2006, 20:46
Sri Lanka is an excellent gay destination.
The country has an enormous number of cultural sites, some of the best in Asia.
Gay experiences are easy to find anywhere. Negombo is probably the best on the coast, but Mt. Lavinia is OK too. There is a wonderful gay guesthouse in Negombo called Gomez Place. Rooms 20 euro a night.
Kandy is great to visit, there try Kandy View, rooms are new, clean and OK, as well as cheap. You do not need the aircon.
Have a look at the sriconnection website for lots of information about where to find boys.

June 23rd, 2006, 08:35
Enjoy looking at old ruins -Thanks

Then look no further than Pattaya!

Go with love, grow with love.

June 28th, 2006, 16:27
such a sriconnection website doesnt exist, obviously....
I have plans to go to Sri Lanka later this year as well, as I have to spend some miles on one if my airline-accounts, but as I would travel alone as a middle-aged man, I am a little concerned about the scene there. I knew from others that in earlier years, it was almost impossible to walk the streets or beach-promenades without being approached by KIDS as young as 8-12 who offer "services" in a pushy way, particularly in Unawatuna and Hikkaduwa. I dont know about the situation after the Tsunami, but I am sure they have returned..... I dont want to walk any street or promenade without being approached every 30 seconds by kids who offer themselves (or by any other kind of vendors) .... so which places would be less hassle to go ? down the South to Weligama ? Negombo okay too ?

June 28th, 2006, 17:04
Definitely not Negombo. That's the center for such things.

Personally, I can't see why anyone would recommend Sri Lanka as a gay sex destination. It's all rent, it's all on the streets and beaches, and mostly pretty pathetic.