PDA

View Full Version : bars closed tonite for election

netrix
June 16th, 2012, 22:48
so i went to boyztown for a drink and all of the bars were closed. kinda creepy.
not like when there's a raid or a thai holiday, but like ghost town creepy.
i went over to sunee plaza to see if any beer bar was open but the whole place
was shut down. no lights on, nobody anywhere. then riding around i noticed all
the bars everywhere were pretty quiet.

surprised i missed the memo lol. i guess that means discos and karaokes too, eh? :crybaby:

martin911
June 17th, 2012, 02:30
Yes thats the case for tonite (sat )

There seems to be uncertainty over tmoro nite also --one guy who works in Nab told me this evening that he was not sure if Nab was open Sun nite either !!

billy2bs
June 18th, 2012, 05:38
Once again I just find it amazing that government makes it necessary to close business so that it can serve its people.But then not all business was closed. What a waste. mai pen rai.

June 18th, 2012, 07:05
I "assume" that the Government shut the bars etc to ensure that people do actually go / are in a fit state enough /are actually sober when voting is required to take place - accordingly then would anyone have any idea what the usual approximate turn out is for a typical election, i.e. do they close the bars because if they didn't NO ONE would vote or does Thai's take elections seriously and all line up nice and early to cast their ballot and hold it as something very important to them? ( I'm guessing not)