PDA

View Full Version : UK Visa Application. help required!!

May 21st, 2006, 20:25
Hi, I know you must all be tied of this same question but some guidance would be helpful. I am about to try the "hit and miss" process of trying to get my Thai b/f a visa for the UK. Can anyone provide me with links or past posting that might help my b/f applications.

I know that my chances of getting my b/f a visa are very small but worth a try. If he does not try he will never know.

May 21st, 2006, 21:47
Hi, I know you must all be tied of this same question but some guidance would be helpful. I am about to try the "hit and miss" process of trying to get my Thai b/f a visa for the UK. Can anyone provide me with links or past posting that might help my b/f applications.

I know that my chances of getting my b/f a visa are very small but worth a try. If he does not try he will never know.

I know that there are a number of previous postings on this subject and I am sure the 'search' facility will find them for you.

However if I may give you some encouragement from my own experience:

My b/f turned 18years last October and shortly after meeting we decided to try and get him a visa for the UK for a three week New Year visit.

After looking at the many sites that gave information on how to best proceed and looking at companies offering 100% visa guarentee service I decided the best way was to get the forms from the BE and complete them with whatever documentation they wanted.

B/F answered all of the questions honestly (don't try to pull the wool over the BE eyes they know all of the excuses), I acted a guarentor for his stay in the UK, I have a long term contract job in Bangkok but own my own property in the UK and have a long term lease on a condo in Bangkok. B/F is in full time education in Bangkok and set to go onto University, his family are not rich or well connected but run a small rented shop in Udon Thani. Our relationship was relatively new although I had know him on a purely social/work basis for 14 months as he worked P/T at weekends for the same company as I do.

He asked his school to confirm his educational status and his parents to confirm their financial status. I was also required to provide a letter from my employer confirming my contract and salary and my UK bank to confirm my savings amount plus the fact that I owned my own property in the UK mortgage free.

It took almost two months to get all of the documentation together and shortly before Christmas he got an appointment with the BE for an interview.

He said it was not an easy interview, the questioning whilst not aggressive was in-depth and the same questions were often asked in a different way ( this is where it is best sticking with the truth has its advantages). He was asked to wait outside of the interview office and shortly after was called back in and told he had been granted a visa.

On arrival at Heathrow with me I hovered behind the immigration desk expecting him to get a good grilling but there were only a few questions and he was nodded through.

I know friends who have attempted to get visa for boys who have done bar/club work and been refused outright and a couple of others who have not had any difficulty with working boys.

As I say, I think it is best to be totally honest with the BE from the outset, if they catch your B/F out on one question they will doubt the veracity of his other statements. Remember that the B/F is under a fair degree of pressure in the interview situation and trying to remember any untruthful answers that he gave on the application may well be thing that gets him a refusal.

Since then we have returned a further time to the Uk without any immigration hassles and have another trip planned for October.

Good luck and think positive.

May 22nd, 2006, 04:34
I should think "they" would give your bf a visa with open arms, or open legs - have you been listening to the news lately - the Home Office is getting their ???? kicked left right and centre

May 29th, 2006, 02:39
can anyone suggest a link so I can read up on it. wanna give it my best shot, worth a try.