PDA

View Full Version : Howard's Guesthouse announces it is sold

anonone
June 13th, 2012, 17:08
As first discovered when I read the "Something for the weekend, sir" newsletter from Nicky, Punya has announced the sale of Howard's Guesthouse in Pattaya.

Howard's was the first place I stayed in Pattaya and I have fond memories of those times and the friends met there. Sounds like Punya is establishing a more "budget" option at the sansuk property, so that is an interesting development. Obviously wish him all the best of luck.

Confirmed by announcement on their website http://www.howardspattaya.com/

Hi - I am sorry to say Howards has been sold, the completion date is the first of September 2012. It has been bought by someone who has quite a few hotels in the area, The Boutique Hotel opposite Howards, Paradise Boutique Hotel and The Day and Night Hotel for starters. The new owner has asked us to carry on taking reservations after September the first and has assured us he will honour future reservation for the upcoming season so we have to take him at his word and assume he will do so, so all future reservations after September the first are secure!

Meanwhile I am extending both the Guesthouse and the Sauna at my Sansuk, www.sansukpattaya.com (http://www.sansukpattaya.com), adding another 40 rooms to the guesthouse and extending and upgrading the sauna facilities, at the moment I do not have a completion date for the new buildings, but I should have a better idea by the beginning of September. The new rooms at Sansuk will be 750Baht per night which will not include breakfast and entry to the Sauna, but that might change. Breakfast will be 130Baht and entry to the Sauna 180Baht

Best wishes, as ever,
Punya.

June 14th, 2012, 01:10
Hopefully the new owner might give Howard's a clean.

Neal
June 14th, 2012, 04:30
Well I am not sure if it is true or not but according to those that may be in the know, Howard's was purchased because the new owner owns a huge piece of land behind Howard's that one day wants to build a hotel on but has no large access to that property, only an alleyway.
I was told that is was almost certain that Howard's was purchased to demolish to have a large entry to that piece of land. Since I never saw it and have not spoken to anyone other than this one person, I don't know for sure.

christianpfc
June 14th, 2012, 04:59
My favorite place to stay in Pattaya. I hope the new owner doesn't make unnecessary changes. I will come back.

dab69
June 14th, 2012, 06:52
will miss Khun "T". He used to hang out there but was absent three years ago
on my last visit. Heard he went back to Udon Thani but didn;t hear whether it
was for good or just a visit.

Didn't go back two years ago
and my trip was unexpectedly cancelled for me
this year (work)

billy2bs
June 15th, 2012, 02:57
Well I myself did enjoy the place there. especially looking out that frot window down below from that big room he has.So I guess he is builfing on to his Sansuk area with rooms which are inexpensive. If they are large enough it should be nice ...hopefully before I get to go there again.

June 15th, 2012, 03:08
You must all have low standards - 4 of us checked out within 10 mins

billy2bs
June 15th, 2012, 03:42
You must all have low standards - 4 of us checked out within 10 mins I dont know about standards...I guess it is no better or worse than the next guy who travels thousands of miles to have sex and such. I'd say your kettle is as black as mine. Oh well...moving right along.

bucknaway
June 15th, 2012, 06:40
I have stayed at Howards once or twice and found it to be acceptable. I must admit that I am excited to find if Sansuk will attract other gay oriented establishments into it's area. I wish him all the best of luck.

anonone
June 15th, 2012, 07:51
I took a look at Sansuk a while back. I liked the rooms, but feel they are a bit expensive for a pretty isolated location. I also do not get too excited about a sauna in Thailand, so that is not a draw for me either.

There seems to be several "gay" options now in the area between Pattaya and Jomtien (on the hill), but I just can't get excited about staying in that location as a short-term visitor.
I much prefer to be in the Day Night or Sunee area with all the bars and venues in walking distance.

I will take another look once Punya gets some more rooms with a lower price point. Is it even possible (zoning or permit wise) to have some gay bars open up in this area?

gregvc
June 15th, 2012, 09:20
gay bars or go go boy bars? The point about the sauna is to meet non commercial guys ie real Thais.

NickysGayPattaya
June 29th, 2012, 15:02
From Howard's website a new announcement has appeared

Sorry Dear Howards friends, as from today July 27, Howards Guesthouse & Bar is closed.

I am concentrating on my Sansuk Sauna and Guesthouse in Jomtien and will be happy to give ex Howards guests a discount if you would like to stay at Sansuk.

Best wishes and thank you for your friendship and support over the years.

Sincerely,
Punya

http://www.howardspattaya.com/

June 29th, 2012, 15:36
Howards was the first place i stayed in Pattaya...allways liked the place and became good friends with the staff..including Punya..and Lek..nice guys.....and allways had a good laugh with the boys who hanged out there.
Last time we stayed at Mosaik...very good......but still went back to the bar at howards to have a drink with the staff and Dan an american who liked drinking at the bar....so i will miss howards as part of the pattaya scean.
I have allso stayed at Sansuk....very nice...but wish it were in easier location
So good luck to Punya and the lads at howards