PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

May 21st, 2006, 16:25
DELETED

May 21st, 2006, 16:59
They call themselves and entertainment bar. Not sure why as I saw no entertaining going on. Perhaps they will be having nightly shows after the launch party?

I wonder if Dolci Vita is the new bar I heard was soon to open?
The farang will stand, or dance (If they dare.) on stage, barefoot, in their underwear, and Thai num sit out front, drink, throw peanuts & bananas, drop five-baht-coins down their Y-fronts & laugh at them?...and look to 'off' the most expensively underweared farang because, naturally; the farang pays the Off-fee!...Is relieved to pay: as it beats rejection!
The fun is, it's all rather like a Christmas grab-bag...in that the farang don't know whose bag they'll be grabbing!... Back at the loom...same-same your usual go-go dancer.

So polish up your gold cod-pieces, girls!..The big...outstanding...ones!
(I know. I've been watching too many Spamalot commercials.)

May 21st, 2006, 18:47
I need all the help I can get, .

I am sure that is the first thing that you have ever posted that will get 100% agreement. :cheers:

May 22nd, 2006, 12:13
... late notification on this board of the 'opening night', I think Dolci Vita had a good turn out of Farang. Like many places which open here, they seem to open their doors for customers as soon as the building is ready and finished and as soon as they have core staff. DV has been open for a few weeks and has a steady patronage of a few farangs (same same as all the other bars in Jomtien). Last night was very busy from early on, with drag queens on show, some handsome boys and was still busy when I returned to J.Complex sometime after midnight.

Come on LMTU, I know you can't be everywhere but we rely on you for advanced info' about what's happening where.

May 22nd, 2006, 15:02
DELETED

Smiles
May 22nd, 2006, 19:57
" ...LMTU is slipping badly. He needs a good kick up the jacksy ... "
Couldn't agree more ... take a boo at this rude intrusion: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=7970 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7970)

"Jacksy"? I guess I can imagine what this is ... related to a "podting" by any chance?

Cheers ...

May 22nd, 2006, 20:35
"Jacksy"? I guess I can imagine what this is ... related to a "podting" by any chance?
I asked the same thing.
Someone sent me one of them-thar PMS messages. Said, podting, is an amalgamation of the words Pud, Play, Potty and Botting: as when a certain person the sender, of PMS, believes is potty, plays with his pud.

I asked how to, properly, use it in a sentence: Still awaiting a kind reply.
My guess, "Mr. (subject) was found wearing a chicken suit and podting behind a sand dune." but where does dear Mr. Botting come in? I'm mystified. As usual.

May 22nd, 2006, 20:57
When will business entrepeneurs learn that once an idea has been ventured, there is no more room, end of story. Its a gamble setting up these bars etc in Jomtien, and probably a couple of them might work, but its a lot of hard and expensive work. Boyztown when it arrived was new, innovative and Pattaya did not have anything like it, it worked, and probably due to sheer hard work from the people who run it. I'm not sure, but Boyztown business owners "probably" work together to a certain degree, with the odd argument here an there I'm sure.

Whilst even Sunee Plaza has a limited success, and the odd bar is popular during peak season, trying to open another area, namely, Jomtien, is taking a risk, and will probably have a limited success.

Has no one out there got an original idea - that is what makes a successful business.

I'm going to do a survey on how many people do you know who have bought a bar or bar club business and failed.

May 22nd, 2006, 20:57
When will business entrepeneurs learn that once an idea has been ventured, there is no more room, end of story. Its a gamble setting up these bars etc in Jomtien, and probably a couple of them might work, but its a lot of hard and expensive work. Boyztown when it arrived was new, innovative and Pattaya did not have anything like it, it worked, and probably due to sheer hard work from the people who run it. I'm not sure, but Boyztown business owners "probably" work together to a certain degree, with the odd argument here an there I'm sure.

Whilst even Sunee Plaza has a limited success, and the odd bar is popular during peak season, trying to open another area, namely, Jomtien, is taking a risk, and will probably have a limited success.

Has no one out there got an original idea - that is what makes a successful business.

I'm going to do a survey on how many people do you know who have bought a bar or bar club business and failed.

May 23rd, 2006, 12:18
Girlie bars are good,they are mostly always full ,even in low season.I like to go to them and buy 10 ping pong balls to chuck at the girls and watch them fight for them.
I like to go to BKK girlie bars and watch the dart out of the pussy shows and snake shows....

Going past the girly bars leading to and around Walking Street, they are indeed full. But if you take a closer look they are full of Thai giirls. If you cleared out half the girls there would still be around 10 of them to every Farang.

Talking of ping pong shows, I was surprised to see in one B'Town/Pattayaland gay bar, a stunt involving two hard boiled eggs, what I assume was a very elastic anus and a beer mug - put me off eggmayonnaise salad for sometime.

May 23rd, 2006, 14:53
trying to open another area, namely, Jomtien, is taking a risk, and will probably have a limited success.

WD I think you are missing the point a bit -- it's not really opening another area, when so many poofs already live in that area and have done for since the first View Talay opened 11 odd years ago. Actually, of the gay men I know in greater Pattaya, only 3 do NOT live on the Jomtien end.

There are a lot of people who either a) can't be arsed to go all the way to Pattaya side (the whole 10 minutes commute!!) or b) don't want to see the unsavoury sorts from the beer bars on the nearby streets or even c) are looking for a more relaxed form of entertainment. If you look at bars like that of the Bondi, they draw a fairly good sized crowd (and, might I add, a HEAVY drinking crowd!!) between hotel guests from the soi and locals (gay and straight) who live in Jomtien). You might also remember that Star Treff -- in the same venue as Dolce Vita, if memory serves correctly -- was full up on show nights until their management disappeared or decided to show up for work pissed.