PDA

View Full Version : gay in ko phangam ? and beach

oliviernu
June 7th, 2012, 22:09
Hi
Do you know gay guesthaouse on ko phangam ?
and nudist beach ,

pong
June 9th, 2012, 18:48
just to confirm what you likely may have thought out of the non-response till now (was away a few days myself):
there is none. Why should there be anyway?
as 99% of intending visitors to there come for that horrendous FMP anyway: shuttleboats do the trip then from Samui 24 hrs.

vnman
June 9th, 2012, 20:02
just to confirm what you likely may have thought out of the non-response till now (was away a few days myself):
there is none. Why should there be anyway?
as 99% of intending visitors to there come for that horrendous FMP anyway: shuttleboats do the trip then from Samui 24 hrs.

Actually, I used to stay at a gay owned place. I really tried to find it again but I couldn't. It's been so long since I've been there. I do remember that it was right at the FMP beach. and if you're on the main road to that beach, it's practical at the end on the right side. Very basic cabins and definitely nothing luxurious. I found that it was hard to find boys on that island to be really honest. I wouldn't go there without bringing my own. But those islands are a must visit I think.

June 9th, 2012, 20:11
i agree with VN I found just about NO gay life on the island - of course that's not the say there weren't gay people there etc as I'm sure there were, but there was no obviously place or outlet to meet gay guys either Thai or farang - and i did make quite a few enquiries about that whilst I was there, I did get one happy ending massage but I think it was actually just a gay massage guy helping me out so to speak rather than it being the norm judging by the type of the place.

But as VN says - whilst I maybe wouldn't be rushing back now that I'm a bit older and not fit for partying the way I used to perhaps ( maybe !:-)) I wouldn't have missed it for the world and had a GREAT time there, met some great people and tried all sorts of stuff I probably shouldn't have but thankfully lived to tell the tale :-)

I'm sure you've already sussed out that most of the ( half decent) accommodation requires that you book for anything up to four - five days in a block to ensure they get their pound of flesh out of you, so be sure to factor that in if you're planning on staying on the island and not getting the ferry ( which personally I wouldn't for a pension as the amount of drunk / high people in the water etc just wasn't safe in my opinion), plus if you're a partying animal the chances of making back to your ferry in time might be slim lol

I stayed at the Tony resort which is bang in the centre of the main party beach ( and make sure if that's why you're going you stay close to there and not on the other side of the island as it's a pain trying to get back to your hotel if you're hammered or stoned or both if that's your bag :-) and if you're staying somewhere "cheap" then do watch your belongings and your passport way more than you even usually would as the amount of theft from rooms / huts etc and when people where on the beach itself etc was incredible - although I gotta say as most of the people I heard sob stories from were younger they tended to be "I left 10000 on my bed with my passport of top of it and left the doors and windows open with a big sign saying "here it is" and when I came back it was GONE !! lol so I guess common sense as always it required.

The Tony resort has lovely bungalows right on the beaches edge and I thought they were great both in terms of location and quality etc - and if you're into drugs ( which I'm sure you're not) if you're keen eyed you'll see the dealers "planting" their pills under your balcony for safe keeping and maybe be able to acquire something for yourself for turning a blind eye - not that I'm condoning that sort of behaviour of course ! :-) Hope you enjoy.

gaymandenmark
June 9th, 2012, 21:08
Hi
and nudist beach ,

As far as I know, there is no nudist beach in Thailand, because it is illigal.

vnman
June 9th, 2012, 21:39
Hi
and nudist beach ,

As far as I know, there is no nudist beach in Thailand, because it is illigal.

And no go-go bars either because they're illegal too :occasion9:

But seriously, never heard off one.

gaymandenmark
June 10th, 2012, 01:17
And maybe we should be happy about that, even with swimwear there is already to much white fat flesh :laughing3: