PDA

View Full Version : cheap flights this year!

dab69
January 11th, 2006, 01:15
last year NWA ticket Midwest USA roundtrip to BKK $1480 this year as low as $904.
Even cheaper if you could fly direct out of Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit.

colmx
January 11th, 2006, 02:11
Hi All

For us Europeans i managed to get a pretty good flight bargain flying SAS from Dublin to BKK via Copenhagen

тВм600+тВм165 tax - thats around 500 Sterling...

Considering I am flying out on the Wed before Easter and back on the evening of May Day I think its a very good price compared to the other airlines...

And of course the SAS Airbus with its seatback entertainment and wireless internet in all cabins is far better than Lufthansa, KLM, China and all the other cheaper carriers....

I even got to choose my seat online during the booking process... Took a Window exit seat (not sure if thats a good thing or not - loads of legroom, but possibly draughty!!)

I booked with SAS directly on their website... and there is still availability
www.scandinavian.net (http://www.scandinavian.net)

Dick
January 11th, 2006, 03:18
For travel ex UK, this site is worth bookmarking:
http://www.westeasttravel.com

cottmann
January 11th, 2006, 06:10
As planes are pressurised, any draught would be going out rather than coming in. But if you do feel a draught, inform one of the attendants as the sealing will be faulty, which could lead to abrupt depressurization and then, bye-bye Colmx!

sing_lofty_sing
January 11th, 2006, 06:55
Thought my China Air flight was kinda cheap from uk to Bkk(via Ams) in April ┬г550 this price has allowed me an upgrade to business class on my points. So it is cheap if you think business class for 550

January 11th, 2006, 09:02
I think its a sad indication of just how expensive flights to Bangkok have become ex europe that 500/550 pounds is now considered cheap. It's only a couple of years since my target price for a return flight was 350 pounds and I would be pissed off if I had to pay over 400

January 11th, 2006, 09:57
I got a ticket with United for $610 USD with tax $819 USD flying Cattle Class.

January 11th, 2006, 10:24
I will be booking a flight this week either Thai Air from JFK or Eva out of Newark. Anyone heard of any good deals?

January 11th, 2006, 13:39
Only checked Orbitz & Travelocity but most the lowest prices I see now are all for stays of 6 to 30 days &\or not at times I wish to go. (i.e.: Northwest ORD-BKK econ. @ $695--Some taxes & add'l fees apply--now thru 30, March: blackouts: outbound 31, Jan-7, Feb. inbound: 21 - 31, Jan) As I recall, this is operated by JAL. JAL, same-same, is @ $705.