PDA

View Full Version : Gay hotels in BKK

thrillbill
June 3rd, 2012, 22:21
I would say Pattaya has around 5 decent "gay" hotels now. When I think of BKK, there is the Tawana Hotel that is a decent place- that's it. I know there are a couple 2 star small hotels in Silom that are "gay" establishments. Why doesn't BKK have more?

bucknaway
June 4th, 2012, 04:40
Don't forget Babylon.
I think the reason could be is that many are happy to stay at a gay friendly hotel that does not have a joiners fee. I try not to stay at gay hotels because a lot of my Thai frends do not want to be seen visiting a known gay hotel or bar.

atri1666
June 4th, 2012, 09:11
Tawana is really not a gay hotel - may be you mean Tarntawan. There are also Babylon and Vincents and Om Yim and Aquarius and the BBB Inn as gay places.

adman5000
June 4th, 2012, 09:37
Thrillbill:
Do you mean the Tarntawan, rather than the Tawana?
Also, you don't specify what your criteria or definition of a "gay" hotel is. Do you mean gay-owned or do you mean large percentage of gay clientele?
Because I count many more heavily gay clientele hotels in BKK than one. What about the other nearby hotels and the many that have been reviewed here previously?
If you mean gay-owned, I think the two areas just have different development models and histories.

danny99
June 5th, 2012, 15:08
When I think of BKK, there is the Tawana Hotel that is a decent place- that's it. I know there are a couple 2 star small hotels in Silom that are "gay" establishments. Why doesn't BKK have more?

You have obviously never sat in the sauna or steam room at the Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel? Or the one at The Rose if you are patient.

thrillbill
June 5th, 2012, 18:33
Tawana is really not a gay hotel - may be you mean Tarntawan. There are also Babylon and Vincents and Om Yim and Aquarius and the BBB Inn as gay places.
Yes, I meant Tarntawana Hotel. It would be nice to have a couple up scale "boutique" gay resort around BKK where you could relax around the pool with your bf and not worry about offending some staight couple or have a bunch of kids screaming around the pool. True, there is Babylon but it is more of a sauna than a hotel. Vincents, Om Yim and BBB are too small to have a pool.

Marsilius
June 5th, 2012, 18:51
Why doesn't BKK have more?

By definition, there is no worldwide chain of gay hotels, so such an establishment will tend to be a one-off that has been set up by one or two individual entrepreneurs. Most travellers demand accommodation that is quite central to a city's attractions and I suspect that, for most businessmen planning to enter the hospitality industry, buying a property along with the associated overheads in central Bankok would be too expensive - whereas central Pattaya would be affordable.

adman5000
June 6th, 2012, 09:48
If I was into sitting around a pool with a boyfriend, I would have no desire to do it in BKK. Given how cheap it is to travel around Thailand, why not just hop on a plane and go to a private beach resort where you would not have to worry about what the other guests think or noise? I can even think of such places within easy driving distance of BKK.

But if I had to stay in BKK, I can also think of several hotels that are secluded enough have a number of gay guests, and have a pool. The Pinnacle Lumpini, Swiss Lodge, Rose, and others come to mind.

thrillbill
June 6th, 2012, 16:22
I work in the "industrial zone" of Thailand so do not live in BKK, so many of us faramg gays like to go to BKK on weekends. Pattaya does not offer gay bars such as u find on soi 4 (in Pattaya u have only go-go boy bars or Panorama with the commercial boys). BKK is more like a Western city with a "gay" section in the town where you can sit around and have a drink, socialize with other gays (working or visiting in BKK) without the nuisance of, "Missssssster, where u come from. I like you..." crap.) A good mix of farangs and Thais working in BKK --not just into the commercial scene like in Pattaya. Then u have the gay dance clubs such as DJ Station or GOD. (Pattaya doesn't have a place that compares to these two except NAB which is caters to large groups drinking on their bottle of whiskey glued to their round tables. ) So that is the question about decent "gay" hotels in BKK. Of course when u are on holiday, you can go to Phuket or other places. By the way, Pinnacle Lumpini, Swiss Lodge do not have pools to relax around. Yes, Rose hotel does but it is not a "gay resort". And the last time I was there, there were plenty of couples around the pool . :violent1:

martin911
June 7th, 2012, 08:32
Swiss lodge (on soi convent ) does have a small pool --its never busy and most times i was there i was the only one there -- Its a perfect way to relax as the Bkk day/afternoon draws to a close and another night beckons in Dj and God !!

The Swiss Lodge i have been staying in for years (i moved for a while to Ibis Sathorn but you can get really good rates (1750 odd ) in the Swiss L again) ,and its very gay friendly --they never blink an eye if the two of us have a guest or 2 coming back in the early hours --

Neal
June 7th, 2012, 12:54
I know you are all talking about gay owned but still the Shangri la, while pricey is very gay friendly. All the staff used to come by whule we were at the buffets and talk to my boys and myself, same for the gigantic pool. As visits went on I noticed more and more people there with girlfreinds and boyfreinds. You also have really superb restaurants. No joiners fee and they never blinked once with whomever I brought in and also saw others bringing in guys and girls.

Heart and I were just talking about it today and have to back up there as I haven't been there in about a year and we miss it.

martin911
June 8th, 2012, 01:01
The Shang in Bkk is a fab hotel no doubt and you certainly seem a fan (as am i ,but i have never stayed there )

But in my mind for the amount of money they charge thats exactly the way it should be service/attitude wise from the staff re if guests gay or not !!

Footnote --any nice photos you want to share with us re your Shang trips ?? :laughing3: :laughing3:

blueboy
June 11th, 2012, 07:06
Two weeks ago, I stayed on Sukhumvit 31 in the Da Vinci Suites as cheap rates on Agoda.
Pleasantly surprised with very cute boys behind reception - all gay, nice big rooms, flat screen, wifi and 10 mins walk from Phrompong BTS.
After checking in my room, I found it was hot and could not find the air con remote, I stripped and got into my bathrobe and called reception only for another gorgeous lad top come up and show me.....he had tight jeans which showed a very tight little butt.......no I did not do anything but thought about it!

Neal
June 11th, 2012, 09:37
Martin I am not a picture taking person but next time I go up I really will try to remember to take some Beachlover type photos fom all over the hotel including some of my favorite staff of boys and post them. Thanks for suggesting that!

June 11th, 2012, 11:23
....I really will try to remember to take some Beachlover type photos fom all over the hotel ..

If they're to be "Beachlover type photos" there's no need to visit the hotel at all.

:evil4:

Neal
June 11th, 2012, 14:30
Ah yes, you have a point there.

June 11th, 2012, 17:08
....I really will try to remember to take some Beachlover type photos fom all over the hotel ..

If they're to be "Beachlover type photos" there's no need to visit the hotel at all.

Yeah and just remember what happening poor Beachy after he posted his hotel pics.......it might be your board and all but you're not above us all ripping the piss out of you too if we catch you out, so they'd better be genuine as with our finely tuned detective noses you just KNOW we'll spot the fakes a mile away !! lol Actually I think just to back up your claim you should take one or two board members with you when you're there so we can vouch for your stay......I'm free anytime in July !!! :-) .... Separate rooms of course though .......well at least until the free wine starts flowing and then fuck it who am I trying to kid I'm anybody's !!! :-) ha ha

martin911
June 12th, 2012, 02:35
Martin I am not a picture taking person but next time I go up I really will try to remember to take some Beachlover type photos fom all over the hotel including some of my favorite staff of boys and post them. Thanks for suggesting that!

daboss as Nirish does say -it was a tongue in cheek comment -- id hate for you to misinterpret another of my posts :occasion9: :occasion9:

Neal
June 12th, 2012, 04:27
So ya all don't want photos?? I :dontknow:

martin911
June 12th, 2012, 04:29
Want Want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing3: :laughing3:

June 12th, 2012, 04:36
At least unlike some you'll not have to worry about leaving something personal like a shirt or a pair or flip flops or some other random clothing item lying out in the picture in case we can all identify you from such a damning piece of evidence :-) lol

cameroncat
June 12th, 2012, 06:39
Other "Gay" and "Gay Friendly" hotels in the Silom area:

Malaysia Hotel
54 Soi Ngam Duphli (off Rama 4 Rd)

Om Yim Lodge
72/74 Naratiwat Rd

Vincents 7 Rooms
12/1 Soi Ngam Duphli

fedssocr
June 12th, 2012, 06:47
I just figured pretty much every hotel in Bangkok was gay. Certainly the many I have stayed in have had plenty of gay staff and the typically Thai hospitality attitude. Not sure we realyl need to ghettoize ourselves.

gra46
June 13th, 2012, 08:00
I just think it be much easier to name the hotels in BKK that are not gay friendly
every hotel ive stayed in is gay friendly