PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Airport Parking?

bucknaway
June 1st, 2012, 07:41
Do any of you have any travel tips for us who hate to use a Airport Limo/Shuttle to and from the airport? Is there a secret to low cost parking near the airport that will grant you fast access to your car once you return after 4 weeks away?

I ask because I am in Delaware and must use the Philadelphia Airport for travel. New Jersey is about an hour away as well as BWI Airport, but only Philadelphia has reliable and constant transportation in and out of Delaware to the airport.

The last time I took a shuttle from the airport to my home what should have been a 30 minute ride turned into a 2 hour ride as I was the last person dropped off by the driver....

If any of you have any tips or tricks I would appreciate you sharing them.

anonone
June 1st, 2012, 09:07
Only tip I can think off right away is to check the Philly area hotels for some sort of "stay-and-park" deal. Some hotels near airports allow you to leave your vehicle in their lot if you stay the night with them.
You could then take your own vehicle to Philly the day or night before your flight, stay close to the airport, and have their shuttle take you to the airport for your flight.

Of course, you should also Google for Philly airport parking options to see if any of the off-airport parking companies have long-term deals that would work better for you, especially if you do not want to get to Philly the day before your flight.

Good luck

adman5000
June 1st, 2012, 09:27
I have a private shuttle service I use. The cost is slightly more than the multiple passenger shuttle, but less than parking your car at the airport or similar for 4 weeks. They are always dependable, timely, and no clearing the snow or ice off your car when you return or having a tour of all the neighborhoods of the drop-offs after 20+ hours of flying.

If you want to try the "stay and park" deals, just look into WHERE you will be parking your car. Do you really want to park it in a hotel lot for 4 weeks? Once while using such a place in Chicago, they had you park your car in an offsite lot, and then gave you a shuttle to the airport. But then I found that particular lot sometimes had nice cars go missing.

If you work for a company with a good rental rate, I have also gotten a rental car each time to and from, as some have drop-off and pick-up services. But now I am lazy and don't feel like driving before/after the flight.

DCbob
June 1st, 2012, 21:14
http://www.econoparkexpress.com/?gclid= ... tgodMWE4UQ (http://www.econoparkexpress.com/?gclid=CJnd8oycrbACFUu4tgodMWE4UQ)

This is for BWI you pay online before you get there. There is the 24/7 shuttle that runs to and from the terminal and the parking lot.
866 411 7275
$6.85 plus 60 cent tax. Per day.

francois
June 2nd, 2012, 07:11
I have friends who use an off-site parking at Phila. International and were very satisfied. I will find name of the site and send PM to you within a few days.

christianpfc
June 4th, 2012, 03:35
May I point out that the headline is very general and therefore misleading for people like me who don't have a car?

An appropriate headline would be "Cheap airport parking?" or something similar.

Changed. DaBoss