PDA

View Full Version : YaYa bar up for sale now

lonelywombat
May 29th, 2010, 10:26
I think a few people have received this by email, but as it has not been posted here.
Here is a photo of the new owner, worth a visit just for him.

YAYA TO OPEN ITS DOORS

Yaya, the newest beer bar in Sunee Plaza, is set to open its doors on Saturday 5 June 2010.

For the past 4 weeks, Ya, the owner, has been supervising the renovations in the bar that was formerly Sundance.
Included among the renovations are: a new bar with seating, updates to the lighting, fresh paint,and new bathroom.

During the closure not only have the premises been updated, but the liquor has been well stocked and the boys refreshed and renewed. Also, Chef Yaya has been lovingly preparing a few special snack recipes to put on the menu.

As a welcome to our new friends, during the first week all single drinks will be discounted 25% off the menu prices.

Also....mark on your calendars......GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION on Saturday, 26 June 2010. Complimentary food and 50% discount on menu prices for all single drinks[attachment=1:3vn6qtqk]2606yaya.jpg[/attachment:3vn6qtqk]

thrillbill
May 29th, 2010, 11:07
Fresh paint... new seating...a nicer restroom, any thing original with the guys on display? ---Let me guess... a bunch of skinny fem "boys" that look underage standing on stage with their cll ph. stuck behind their white underwear waiting and waiting for a customer to walk in. The owner will need a lot of luck with this drought of travelers not visiting LOS.

TOQ
May 29th, 2010, 11:51
Fresh paint... new seating...a nicer restroom, any thing original with the guys on display? ---Let me guess... a bunch of skinny fem "boys" that look underage standing on stage with their cll ph. stuck behind their white underwear waiting and waiting for a customer to walk in. The owner will need a lot of luck with this drought of travelers not visiting LOS.

Where did you get the impression that this is going to be a go-go bar? I don't see a stage in the photos ?

Beachlover
May 29th, 2010, 19:24
Owner looks cute.

cdnmatt
May 29th, 2010, 20:46
Oh boy, oh boy... a new beer bar in Sunee! Wow!

Seriously though, they seem to open and close every week. Not exactly anything exciting.

May 29th, 2010, 23:35

Not at all - with happy, positive, cheery people like you around, surely he can't fail.

:occasion9:

bao-bao
May 30th, 2010, 01:31
The process of idea/negotiation/planning/design/construction and all the other steps to opening a business must have begun long before the current upheaval. It's unfortunate that there's the double whammy of low season and the near-devastation throughout the tourism industry there to make it even more of a challenge.

I'm not much for sitting in a bar, indoors or outdoors - but I admire the courage to embark on such an adventurous endeavor as another bar in that area. Ya looks like a pleasant enough person, and as long as his partner from Delaware (Bucky?? - just kidding) has the funds to hold the doors open for a while it might take off and do well enough to support them. I hope so.

I say best of luck to them.

Dboy
May 30th, 2010, 08:42
Let me guess... a bunch of skinny fem "boys" that look underage standing on stage with their cll ph. stuck behind their white underwear waiting and waiting for a customer to walk in

Let's hope so. I will let you know.

allieb
May 30th, 2010, 12:43

And what about the customers? A bunch of overweight Farang with smelly cocks and skid marked pants. This is Thailand

TrongpaiExpat
May 30th, 2010, 12:44
Owner looks cute.

What I hear is the owner is a Thai lady, not sure married or not. Pretty good source but not infallible.

There are three gay bars owned and managed by women in Bangkok, Jupiter 2000, Fresh Beach Boys and Banana (the first open bar as you enter soi Twilight). The first two are married the last, I think not. None are what you would call friendly or cordial.

Beachlover
May 30th, 2010, 12:56
And what about the customers? A bunch of overweight Farang with smelly cocks and skid marked pants. This is Thailand

LOL... They should write that on advertisements used to attract gogo boys. But write it in English.

May 30th, 2010, 13:23

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

:occasion9:

anonone
May 31st, 2012, 09:01
Just read the weekly newsletter from Nicky and learned that YaYa is the latest bar up for sale. Listed at 600,000 baht.

I have a soft spot for YaYa's bar. It was the first bar I visited in Pattaya, and was also my first off. Wow that seems like a long time ago, but only a couple of years.
I make it a point to stop in just about every night for a drink and chat when I am in town.

Wonder what the future has in store....

joe552
May 31st, 2012, 15:18
I have it on good authority that a consortium of SGF posters (led by NIrish Guy and part financed by colmx) are preparing a takeover. Don't ask me to reveal my sources. :party

anonone
May 31st, 2012, 17:01
I thought about that when I went to post. I think they were leaning more toward a gogo bar though....

Euroboys probably a better fit for their (somewhat delusional) business "plan". 555

I assume YaYa is still open for business. Anyone been there lately?

May 31st, 2012, 19:56
Ha ha I'm not sure our wonderful buy a bar for a grand is anymore delusional than anyone else that seems to have bought a bar in pattaya over the last few years perhaps - actually as our business plan has a set investment amount and do a limit on your maximum loss (┬г1000) AND that incuded free drink and free offs for your month in residence as owner some might argue that it's the sanest bar buy in scheme every offered in pattaya / I'm telling ya boys get in quick before all the shares are snapped up for sure !!!!! :/)

billy2bs
May 31st, 2012, 22:50
Verrrrrryyyyyy interesting. When I was in Pattaya in mid March I in fact did note to myself that YaYa bar was very inactive whereas the spot next door was very active.The year before it was the opposite pretty much. So what made it different? Was it that the spot next door had more room out front, maybe twice as much? The cuties outside were similar. but this was consistent for the 2 weeks I was there.So what was it that made things change form one yr to the next? THE WIND DIRECTION? Or is that just the way it is with no rhyme or reason?

frequentflier
May 31st, 2012, 23:13
So many places for sale and no one interested in buying.It doesnt look good for the rest of the season.Its like a lottery as to who is next to go.Sunnie Plaza is becoming a ghost town.I was there in March and was amazed at the total lack of customers.I often wonder why some of the people who live in Pattaya and are on these boards praising these places dont invest in some of them..Then again talk is cheap..

May 31st, 2012, 23:34
..get in quick before all the shares are snapped up for sure !!!!! :/)

NIrish - there's a distinct possibility that some feeble-minded SGT member/s might think you're serious!!

:sign5:

May 31st, 2012, 23:43
At the rate bars are coming up for sale and I'm assuming purchase prices are dropping accordingly I'm not sure that I'm not !! :-)

June 1st, 2012, 00:04
In that case, I'm obliged to point out that consortia of this nature almost never work - too people all wanting a slice of the pie and all with their fingers in the till is just about a sure-fire recipe for disaster.

Include me out.

:sign5:

June 1st, 2012, 00:32
Ha ha don't worry it's not like we'll be sending bailiffs round to your house for your grand :-) as you said it was just a wee joke lol - and your quite right that the pilfering would be huge - and it was in fact a major slice of my business plan to ensure the recouping of my investment for god sake and now you've gone and blown the plot on me ! Lol :-)

billy2bs
June 1st, 2012, 00:37
Yaya, the newest beer bar in Sunee Plaza, is set to open its doors on Saturday 5 June 2010. This from a couple of years only. Well i dont have the 20K for the place since I cant be an owner but it would have been a nice experience.

anonone
June 1st, 2012, 09:13
Yeah, not sure why this got merged with a 2 year old thread.

Neil, you doing some spring cleaning or something? 555

Neal
June 1st, 2012, 09:22
No, Billy accidentally made a comment on this old thread about Yaya opening and made a comment. No use having 2 threads going on the same topic so I merged them.

Dboy
June 3rd, 2012, 01:06
any thing original with the guys on display? ---Let me guess... a bunch of skinny fem "boys" that look underage standing on stage

Mmmm. Let's hope so!