PDA

View Full Version : New Pattaya gay hotel - Rome Boutique hotel

colmx
May 31st, 2012, 06:18
I hear that Pattaya has a new gay hotel opening this weekend...

Seems to be a re-modelling of the old icon hotel
http://romehotelpattaya.com/

Looks nice from the pics (but too expensive for my budget!)

Seems they will also have a "gentlemans club" near the premises:
http://www.romeclubpattaya.com/
Not much details on the club website yet... but it seems hotel will open for business on Friday June 1st

Not much happening on the marketing side so far from what i can see... you would imagine trhey would be blaring on all the forums by now

Has anyone been to visit or seen the place yet?

martin911
May 31st, 2012, 06:34
Not yet seen it --
I stayed in the old ICON once a long time ago -pokey place i thought back then

And bar a bit about on facebook (from staffs pages ) + an ad in one of the gay mags there does not seem to be much about it -still early days

-but there is a very cute staff member there whom i would like to check out :tongue3: :tongue3:

Do they do afternoon tea?? -- i like pure earl grey myself Colmx !!

anonone
May 31st, 2012, 08:54
If I am reading the map correctly, looks like this is on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien. Rooms on opening "special" for 2499 or 1999 per night, depending on size.

There seems to be several "up-scale" hotels around this area.... I just don't see the appeal of staying in between Jomtien and Pattaya. Seems you are pretty isolated out that way, not close to any of the fun spots.

Anyone stay in this area and want to report on the experience? Maybe these places are so great that it is worth the hassle of getting around.... :dontknow:

atri1666
May 31st, 2012, 09:25
Time will tell us if they go same way like Icon. Not the location i would prefer for a stay. When i look at the prices i also can take the Marriot for some cents more.

joe552
May 31st, 2012, 17:31
colmx, I always thought you were a high flier and international man of finance :dontknow:

Marsilius
May 31st, 2012, 17:39
If it is on the site of the old Icon hotel, that is right next door to Mr Mac hotel and just yards up the hill from the Captain's Corner restaurant.

frequentflier
May 31st, 2012, 21:16
Wish them all the best..Has to be good news.Might put the pressure on the others to adjust their prices.

martin911
May 31st, 2012, 21:38
Adjust their prices up ???? to me the rome club hotel seems pricey !!

What is the average prices being paid nowadays re gay hotels -- ??--

anonone
May 31st, 2012, 23:39
I am not at all picky about hotel rooms when in Pattaya. Air conditioning and bug free are about my only requirements.

I stay at guesthouses and pay in the 500-1000 Baht per night range. I would rather have extra money for party and tips then an upscale hotel room....I do realize though that others have different priorities and glad that Thailand has lots of options.

colmx
June 1st, 2012, 00:52
colmx, I always thought you were a high flier and international man of finance :dontknow:

No more like 2.5 week millionaire 3 times a year!

Similar to what Anonone has posted for my accom i just need a big bed, good aircon, no bugs, decent internet and no overly zealous security men

joe552
June 1st, 2012, 00:57
totally agree with you and anonone - better to splash out on boys than bedrooms

RonanTheBarbarian
June 1st, 2012, 01:31
It is a remodelling of the old Orpheus House Hotel

(well, I say "old", but I think the Orpheus House was only in operation for about six months)

aot871
June 1st, 2012, 06:37
Its on the left hand side of the road coming from jomtiem about 100 m before pan pan

colmx
June 1st, 2012, 07:02
Its on the left hand side of the road coming from jomtiem about 100 m before pan pan
I don't think you are correct here?
From what i know its opposite Alois Restaurant (old Icon club)... 100M towards Jomtien after the Bali Hai flyover

Neal
June 1st, 2012, 09:17
If it is the old Icon, it has been ripped apart and rebuilt. It has been under construction for the past two years and is next to Mr Mac Hotel like a previous poster said. Not directly across from Alois but across and just a bit towards Jomtien. An easy walk from Alois.

lexusgs
June 1st, 2012, 12:03
Da Boss is quite correct. I just passed on my motorbike this morning and his description of the location is bang on. How all these Gay Hotels are gonna work out in terms of staying in business
is a complete mystery to me.

Marsilius
June 1st, 2012, 16:42
Please stop the brown-nosing! It was I whose "description of the location... [was] bang on". As DaBoss himself acknowledged, he was merely confirming that the new place was where I had said it was!

lexusgs
June 1st, 2012, 16:54
Please stop the brown-nosing! It was I whose "description of the location... [was] bang on". As DaBoss himself acknowledged, he was merely confirming that the new place was where I had said it was!

Lol. I have no idea where the old Icon hotel was therefore I stand by my brown nosing and thank daboss again for making it easy for me to find :tongue3:

Neal
June 1st, 2012, 17:43
Sorry Marsilus. Was not trying to step on your description which was right on but after your post there was discussion about Orpheus Hotel, Pan Pan, and also Alois. As those were indeed more confusing I just spoke where it was which is indeed in your early post.
:notworthy:

globalwanderer
June 1st, 2012, 18:11
Heading to pattaya for the first time in about a year and was interested by this until I saw location and price! I'll stick with my usual.

Neal
June 1st, 2012, 19:49
Well I am sure there must be enough clients to give this place a go. It looks real nice, upscale, yes expensive but classy and all gay. I would surely like to have a tour of the place and let you all know. Back when I was flying in and out all the time I certainly could afford and stay at either the Rome or Baan Souey Hotel.

joe552
June 1st, 2012, 20:15
Back when I was flying in and out all the time I certainly could afford and stay at either the Rome or Baan Souey Hotel.

ah, how the mighty have fallen :occasion9:

June 1st, 2012, 22:10
Oh i know Joe - he'll be moving into the public toilet at Dongtan beach at this rate.

Officially, I mean.

:evil4:

Neal
June 1st, 2012, 23:49
I am a pauper I tells ya! A handsome 29 year old pauper! :laughing3:

joe552
June 2nd, 2012, 00:42
I think you must have mixed up your meds - delusions can be very serious - I'd seek medical help if it continued :occasion9:

Neal
June 2nd, 2012, 03:08
Round and round we go and where she stops know body knows! :tongue3:

joe552
June 2nd, 2012, 03:17
Round and round we go and where she stops know body knows! :tongue3:

I know you're not a native English speaker, but it's nobody not know body

Think I could make it as an English teacher in Pattaya? :dontknow:

jolyjacktar
June 2nd, 2012, 20:27
29!!!!! Daboss you told me you were a poor old pensioner scrapping a living off the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on you LOL

vnman
June 2nd, 2012, 21:10
I'm interested in the club. I'm totally crazy about everything that has to to with ancient Rome. I would love to experience one of those orgies you can see so often in TV series like "Rome" and "Spartacus." But it's probably going to be the usual boys in undies on a stage. :crybaby:

joe552
June 3rd, 2012, 03:50
But it's probably going to be the usual boys in undies on a stage. :crybaby:

maybe you've been in Asia too long? boys in undies on a stage still gets some of us excited enough to travel thousands of miles at enormous expense. :occasion9:

vnman
June 3rd, 2012, 06:58
How many bars/clubs with boys in undies do you need Joe :dontknow:

All I'm saying is that this hotel seem to be upscale, has a few disadvantages. A special boy offering, other than the undies stage waggle would be very welcome.