PDA

View Full Version : Taxi to Pattaya

anonone
May 27th, 2012, 19:23
I need to book a taxi (BKK-> South Pattaya) for an upcoming trip. Normally I arrange my taxi with whatever guesthouse I am staying at, but this time I need to book on my own. I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest option, but someone reliable, will be waiting at the airport for me, easy to contact, etc.

The last thread on Taxi service was over a year old, but there seemed to be a couple of recommendations for Mr. Toom. Anyone have recent experience and would still recommend? There was also reference to a "Mr T taxi"...is this the same as Mr. Toom?

Thanks all.

joe552
May 27th, 2012, 19:32
Mr. Toom is not the same as mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com - I've booked mr_ttaxi for my trip next week. 1000bt all inclusive. driver picks up at gate 3

Neal
May 27th, 2012, 23:23
what day of the week are you planning on coming in and at what time?

joe552
May 28th, 2012, 00:30
DaBoss, to whom was your question directed? :dontknow:

anonone
May 28th, 2012, 04:58
If that was directed to me, a Sunday night around 2230 hours.

Joe, have you used Mr. T in the past? How was it?

joe552
May 28th, 2012, 05:00
Yes, I've used him before and never had a problem. Mr. Toom also gets good comments on TripAdvisor, so I don't think there's much between them.

anonone
May 28th, 2012, 07:53
OK. Thanks Joe.
I will wait a bit to see if Neal has something else to chime in on...but if not, I will contact Mr. T and try it out.

"I pity the fool" that is not waiting for me at the airport :sign5:

Neal
May 28th, 2012, 09:32
Well Sunday is not a dialysis day so I can take the truck up to the airport and pick you up there no charge. That's the least I can do for my corn bread! Send details via PM.

joe552
May 28th, 2012, 16:13
thanks, DaBoss, but there's no need to offer to pick me up - as I've pointed out, I've already booked my taxi. :occasion9:

but relating this to the thread about the tough times that bars are facing, I think you're absolutely right to be diversifying in this way. now if you were to offer a pick-up service with a boy in the back - you might be onto a winner (no need to pay for this advice, just an extra glass of wine will do). :sign5:

anonone
May 28th, 2012, 17:38
Wow. Thanks Neal, but that is way to generous an offer. I will send you a PM shortly.

Joe: If I recall, there was such a service on offer at one point. A taxi pickup from BKK with a gogo dancer waiting in the car for you. I swear it was a affiliated somehow with Krazy Dragon, or at least they picked up the dancer from there. I can't remember where I saw it at though. I never availed myself of the service, so no personal experience.

YaYa diversified into the laundry business. A taxi service seems like much less work....

joe552
May 28th, 2012, 17:45
I've heard about such a service for straights - maybe from Devil's Den? Not sure I'd have the energy after a long flight, but a nice massage could be good :bounce:

Neal
May 28th, 2012, 18:05
I have a show boy that speaks Russian and English and on the side he gives tours of Pattaya and surrounding areas. I think he does this part time through a tour group. He enjoys it and is a very smiley happy and good looking gay boy!

Taxi service with massage. Not a bad idea.

joe552
May 28th, 2012, 18:08
I hope you're keeping count of all those glasses of wine you now owe me for my business advice, 'cos I certainly am :party

Neal
May 28th, 2012, 18:12
:sleepy2:

anonone
July 10th, 2012, 13:58
Just a follow up for anyone else looking for taxi options. Based on Joes recomendation, I used Mr. T taxi and worked perfectly. driver waiting for me and no issues during the ride to Pattaya. Though I should say I do not get overly anxious about driving....he was not overly concerned about the speed limit. Fine by me, all the sooner to arrive. He was very polite though and I would bet have slowed down if he sensed any apprehension or if I requested.

Anyway, great service at a great price. I printed off the map and directions (in Thai) from he guesthouse website and no problem with him finding he place.

joe552
July 10th, 2012, 17:05
glad it worked out for you, anonone - you can pay me by leaving a glass of wine for me at Neal's :alc: