PDA

View Full Version : "Seedy Thai beachside Pattaya"

May 27th, 2012, 12:28
Pattaya story in Australian newspaper http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/s ... 1zblt.html (http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/steroid-vacation-20120526-1zblt.html)

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 28th, 2012, 23:22
Pattaya story in Australian newspaper http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/s ... 1zblt.html (http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/steroid-vacation-20120526-1zblt.html)
I read this story and emailed the author, a British hack working in Australia.

Quite apart from the ghastly seedy Kings Cross, Manly (my US friends love that name) & Bondi beaches and the many seedy suburbs of Sydney (and some truly spectacular ones) it's such an insulting headline to all the Thai familes beavering away trying to make a living in Pattaya.

Perhaps Eamon Duff has never been to Kings Cross where every ghastly drug under the sun is available and the streets are awash with hookers. :party

dab69
May 28th, 2012, 23:49
steriods- ick!

dumb muscleheads

May 29th, 2012, 01:35
Perhaps Eamon Duff has never been to Kings Cross where every ghastly drug under the sun is available and the streets are awash with hookers. :party

So, that's my next holiday choice sorted out then - Kings Cross it is it seems ! :-) lol

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 01:37
jeez, NIrish Guy, where did you dig that quote up from? :dontknow:

hope you'd a good weekend in Amsterdam - are we getting a trip report? :alc:

May 29th, 2012, 02:58
?? I "dug it up" from two messages above my reply to it ??? - you not reading your posts fully or what these days ??
lol

And I've just PM'd you my gripping trip report as I'd to much too embarrassed to post it here publicly ! ha ha

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 03:02
I think someone stuck that Lunchtime quote in after I'd challenged you. Either that or this cooking sherry is stronger than my usual brand.. :alc:

May 29th, 2012, 03:07
yes I think it's the latter rather than the former perhaps ! lol

Thankfully the days of people editing in or out their wee mistakes or damning statements is almost a thing of the past on the board ( almost) and we're all happy to live and die by our printed words now :-) - - so - excellent ! - print and be damned I say ! lol

Neal
May 29th, 2012, 04:51
The editing feature was removed when I took over the board. It happened to me when I challenged a post of bao bao. After I took over, I set the feature to allow you to change your post only up to 8 hours, but I read that when it was posted.

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 04:54
ok, I accept it was the cooking sherry :alc:

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 29th, 2012, 12:09
jeez, NIrish Guy, where did you dig that quote up from? :dontknow:

hope you'd a good weekend in Amsterdam - are we getting a trip report? :alc:

now now Joe, NIrish Guy correctly quoted the esteemed Mr O'Booze and should be applauded for his excellent taste and for demonstrating a superior intelligence.

and be warned...my Northern Irish Gypsy Granny is still active and doesn't take kindly to nastursions being cast upon folk from that fair isle.

However..sadly Kings Cross is Sydney is seedy and awash with hookers (female) of the drugged type and very few males. I have nothing against hookers per se, just point out the obvious.

But is Pattaya "seedy" ?. Absolutely not. Parts are, and parts are spectacular, parts are noisy and colourful and parts run-down and parts with lovely condos and so on and some truly lovely hotels and much cleaner beaches lately (unlike I hear about Sydney beaches which are awash with dangerous e-coli etc as they have sewrage outlets nearby.)

Only lazy hacks use epitaphs like 'seedy' to describe a whole city just because some fools fill themselves with steroids.

lecture ends here. :ssmile:

ps: I am reliably informed that Mr Duff has read this board !

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 15:51
glad to see you're still around and active, Mr. O'Booze :hello2:

thrillbill
May 31st, 2012, 18:25
These are the kind of guys, "ballooned up" that can bench press the twice their weight; make a big scene grunting with every rep; yet, cannot put the dumbells, weights, and other equipment away.