PDA

View Full Version : Did Cherry's Move?

May 27th, 2012, 01:39
For the last couple of months, on the way to work a nice new place opened up and the sign says Cherries and it is in the letter style that I remember seeing on the other Cherries. Unfortunately I never have been in the right place at the right time and never patronized Cherries although I heard many stories that the food was very good and reasonable.

Obviously my question is if this is a NEW Cherries or a second Cherries or not same at all?

francois
May 27th, 2012, 03:47
Cherry's was at the same location two months ago. At one time it did move to its present location. Here is their website.

http://cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/i ... ?l=default (http://cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/images/home/home_js.php?l=default)

Neal
May 27th, 2012, 03:57
That's not where I just saw them. It really looks like a new place as the neon red sign just went up a little bit ago and I go by there everyday. It was on Soi Korphai right across from the open air market.

arsenal
May 27th, 2012, 09:32
I just looked at their website. Their weekly gourmet menu looks delicious and only costs 495 Baht. Assuming it tastes as good as it sounds it's a real steal.

francois
May 27th, 2012, 09:41
Most of the clients at Cherry's opt for the various buffets/daily specials; one could say they are gourmands more than gourmets.

May 27th, 2012, 10:03
Yes it looks very good indeed and that's why I was surprised when I saw this on Soi Korphai when I always saw it at the other location. Maybe my eyes and brain have deteriorated and I am reading the sign wrong. I will have to slow down as I go past and take another look to see if this is a new Cherry's or what as they are definitely not in the same location.

Gaybutton
May 27th, 2012, 12:42
Maybe my eyes and brain have deteriorated and I am reading the sign wrong.
Your eyes and brain are working just fine. I've spotted it too. I just now called them and asked. They are not closing their current Third Road location. The man I spoke with said they contracted with the newly constructed hotel at that Soi Khorpai location and they've opened it as a second restaurant primarily for the hotel guests, although they are also open to the public if anyone prefers to eat at that location. They are already open for business and serving customers.

So, now there are two Cherry's restaurants.

There is one little advantage to eating at their Soi Khorpai location - a lot of the boys live in the immediate vicinity. What's for dessert again . . . ?

Neal
May 27th, 2012, 14:19
Yes, I just returned from checing it out and my eyes again and the big sign says opening and Cherry's and they are at Soi Korphai and Soi 5.
I wonder if they have the same menu as the other location? Specials and buffets? Did you find that out GB?
This new location is great for me.

Gaybutton
May 27th, 2012, 14:28
same menu as the other location? Specials and buffets? Did you find that out GB?
Sorry, I don't know. I didn't ask about that.

Neal
May 27th, 2012, 16:13
OK just came back from an errand and had to pass this new Cherry's again. I got out and went inside and did all the questions. Yes, they are owned by the other Cherry's and yes they only opened last month. They are open 7am til 11pm and right now there are no buffets or set menu specials. They are hopefully going to implement them but not yet. They said the menu is the same as the other Cherries and yes, a lot of people have been stopping by and asking all the same questions.

So stop on by and give them a try. Soi Korphai at about Soi 5. Directly across from the open market and inside a hotel but you can see the big Cheery's sign.

Gaybutton
May 27th, 2012, 17:07
They are open 7am til 11pm
If they open at 7am, then I assume they serve breakfast. Did you verify that and/or notice a breakfast menu?

Neal
May 27th, 2012, 17:12
Yes, they serve breakfast. Looked very interesting and I will have to try it! If qanyone wants to suggest a date we could have a meet GayButton, DaBoss get together and members night. :dontknow:

Gaybutton
May 27th, 2012, 18:36
If anyone wants to suggest a date
You're looking for a calendar date. I'm looking for a dinner date.

Here's mine:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/G_Btn/JJ.jpg

And here's yours:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/G_Btn/klinger.jpg

Neal
May 27th, 2012, 18:46
Let's see..... first I would have to avoid getting arrested for murdering you. Then I would go broke taking care of him!
Hot damn! :tongue3:

May 29th, 2012, 02:33
Yes, they serve breakfast. Looked very interesting and I will have to try it! If qanyone wants to suggest a DaBoss get together and members night. :dontknow:

Before I commit can we just establish for the record ........do they do "gravy chips" ??!!! :-) lol

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 02:36
Yes, they serve breakfast. Looked very interesting and I will have to try it! If qanyone wants to suggest a date we could have a meet GayButton, DaBoss get together and members night. :dontknow:
I hadn't noticed before, but DaBoss seems to be suggesting a members' night followed by breakfast at Cherry's. I'm intrigued to know what will happen before breakfast? :dontknow:

May 29th, 2012, 02:52
.... I'm intrigued to know what will happen before breakfast? :dontknow:

A fight will break out over who's paying?

:party

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 02:53
sounds like my kind of party. count me in, DaBoss :violent1:

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 03:25
just to be clear - I'm not going if there are no sausage rolls :party

anonone
May 29th, 2012, 08:33
Yes, they serve breakfast. Looked very interesting and I will have to try it! If qanyone wants to suggest a DaBoss get together and members night. :dontknow:

Before I commit can we just establish for the record ........do they do "gravy chips" ??!!! :-) lol

To hell with gravy chips... Do they do yaba-popcorn? :laughing3:

Manforallseasons
May 29th, 2012, 12:10
I've past it, rather peculiar location.