PDA

View Full Version : Thai Blind Massage Institute

bucknaway
May 22nd, 2012, 08:08
I have been getting a massage from the TBMI on almost every trip. Some massages are better than others but so far I have never received a memorable massage. Anyway... I was reading gayjomtien.com and they kinda hinted that the massage came with a happy ending?.?.?

Have any of you ever got a massage with a happy ending while there? The only happy ending I was offered there was a cup of tea once the massage was over :dontknow:

May 22nd, 2012, 16:39
Have any of you ever got a massage with a happy ending while there? The only happy ending I was offered there was a cup of tea once the massage was over :dontknow:

I was of the understanding that you absolutely would not expect a happy ending in such a place and indeed may get a blind man poking you in the eye for suggesting such a thing ! - But I guess you could always come across a gay blind man ( excuse the pun) out for his jollies like the rest of us - but I'm guessing not.

I'm more interested in your saying the actually massage was mediocre as I've never been but had always heard as it was the pinnacle of good massage as they guys were blind and so much more in tune with your body etc but you say that isn't the case perhaps ? Looks like I'll have to just stay in the seedy massage places and slum it with them then and just enjoy the guaranteed happy ending that I know is so surely coming ( again excuse the pun )! lol

pong
May 22nd, 2012, 16:54
There simply are no hard+fixed ruls for that-and most of those remarks are parrotting without even having been there. It really is a very personal affair and hit-or-miss, like in most encounters we all like so much.
BTW: the ditto blind massage shops around KL (MY) sentral are quite well known for offering more after. So do not judge to quick in this matter.

kjun12
May 23rd, 2012, 11:00
There is a blind massage place near my house and I've tried it two or three times. It is the worse massage I have ever had. This is the only time I have walked out of a massage place and felt worse than when I went in. They are too hard, the place has bright lights and everyone talks too much. A really unpleasant experience. Hopefully, not all of the blind shops are like this.

donald1
May 23rd, 2012, 13:09
I have had many many massages in Thailand and I have to concur with kjun12, it was the worst massage I have ever had on many levels. My massage was at the TBMI in Jomtiem Plaza , about 4 years ago, so maybe things have improved.
1.) The open room with mats on the floor directly next to each other (actually touching) with no curtains or privacy at all. When I was there i was soon joined by 2 women and 2 men in a room of 7 mats.
2.) The room was daylight bright, no curtains to add any form of shaded ambiance
3.) The massagers talked incessantly amongst themselves without regard to myself and 2 others asking for a bit of quiet. There was no music.
4.) My male massage guy checked his pop-up watch at least 20 times during my hour massage.
5.) My body actually hurt when I left. Not in the good way it should after a hard massage. When I would tell the guy "no jep" (my bad Thai for "no pain") he just giggled and said something to his neighbor in Thai.
6.) When I was leaving I voiced my concerns to the nice sighted lady who was in charge and she just chuckled and said they are blind.

Now to be fair in the following 4 years I have had some bad sighted massages, but I have learned how to speak up and modify a massage to at least enjoy some of it. Like everything in Thailand I guess it is Hit or Miss.

May 23rd, 2012, 17:15
Just a personal opinion here but (!!!) I think posting a recommendation on a massage you had four years ago is a bit unfair. I would think recommendations should be current, like within a year or so?? :dontknow:

travelerjim
May 24th, 2012, 18:27
Bucky,

Let's say: It is the "luck of the draw"...or number!
though several do occasionally provide a "happy" experience.

Yet, it is a "hush" activity as not allowed per their TBMI standards.
Make sure to have your "gaydar" working...while you pass the hour on the table.

A newer Thai blind masseuse #16 - John - has a body that Geezer would appreciate :-0
I will say no more... :dontknow:

Enjoy
tj