PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Brazilian Buffet Critique

kjun12
May 21st, 2012, 09:47
Last night a group of us went to the Brazilian Buffet (Churascaria) at Crown Plaza Hotel in Bangkok. We give it a 3 of 5. While all of the items on the Buffet (the food that you must get yourself) was fairly good, the meat which they deliver to the table on a spit was not so great. Dry and tough best describes most of it and no lamb was delivered as promised. The service is impeccable. We had gotten discount coupons through a service and the cost of the basic meal was 1000 Baht per person. At the end we were presented with a bill for 960 Baht. This was for a Watermelon shake and 3 bottles of water and we felt this a bit over priced. Don't think we'll be back.

The Brazilian Buffet at Asia hotel was much better in the meat department (moist and tender) while the remainder of the food is skimpy in comparison to Crown. It is, however, much cheaper and with free water.

Marsilius
May 21st, 2012, 11:33
Anyone tried the Brazilian restaurant on Beach Road, Pattaya, just in front of the entrance to
the Central Festival Centre?

atri1666
May 21st, 2012, 18:41
I also bought 2 coupons. Can not give back. There should be one free caipirinha and all kinds of meat. I will send 2 hungry boys....

Neal
May 21st, 2012, 19:15
I have been to Rio many times and I sure do miss those Churascaria's. Awesome to say the least. We used to eat at htem maybe 3 times a week while on holiday. I am sure that's what did me in! :dontknow:

fountainhall
May 21st, 2012, 19:59
Last night a group of us went to the Brazilian Buffet (Churascaria) at Crown Plaza Hotel in Bangkok. We give it a 3 of 5
I was there with a friend last Tuesday. The Brazilian buffet lunch (which I understand is identical to the dinner) cost only Bt. 412 per person using Thai City Deals coupons purchased a couple of months ago from TravelZoo. I think they must have recycled the meat at your dinner, because we found it tender and juicy. Also our deal included water. At that price, we found it a great bargain.