PDA

View Full Version : Any idea where the new Russian spice museum is???

jvt22222
May 17th, 2012, 08:28
Russian Opens Spice Museum at Thai Resort
20:43 16/05/2012

A museum of Asian spices, founded by Russian businessman Maxim Kosikhin, opened on Wednesday in Pattaya, a popular resort town in Thailand.

The unique Asian Spicy Garden, which occupies some 5,000 square meters, includes a museum of spices and a botanical garden featuring some 200 plant species.

тАЬMany spices originate in Southeast Asia, particularly Thailand. Many tourists come across spices in Thai cuisine or cosmetology. I think they will be interested in this issue,тАЭ Kosikhin said adding that it took him two years to carry out the project.

In the recent years Pattaya has attracted many Russian tourists and investors. The resort runs five Russian-language TV channels and two radio stations.

Gaybutton
May 18th, 2012, 15:46
I haven't been out there yet, but I know approximately where it is. You have to take Sukhumvit to the Rt. 36 cut-off to Bangkok. Don't confuse that with the new cut-off between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua. You need to go to the old one - that leads out to the driving license office.

When you come to the cut-off for Rt. 7 to Bangkok, go on Rt. 7. It's just a short distance up Rt. 7. Once you're on Rt. 7, I think it's the first left. It's right near an old crocodile farm out there.

Marsilius
May 18th, 2012, 22:30
If I were the Russian owner, I'd dismiss whatever PR company he's using with immediate effect. To put out a press release (which is clearly what's happened, given how all media reports on the subject are worded virtually identically) that lacks a final call to action to punters - i.e. an exhortation to visit and details of how to get there, opening hours, etc. - is completely pointless.