PDA

View Full Version : At 4:15pm on Wednesday May 16pm record smashed!!

Neal
May 16th, 2012, 17:08
At 4:15pm Thai time the record for online users was smashed, pummled and crushed!! 964 users at one time!!
:party

joe552
May 16th, 2012, 17:17
wow, well done DaBoss - better lay in lots of extra wine for the wine tasting evenings :occasion9:

Neal
May 16th, 2012, 17:18
Fuck wine, we can open a bottle of champagne! Ya think we will ever top 1000??!!

joe552
May 16th, 2012, 17:23
no reason why not. btw, how many of those users are real people, rather than things like Google?

Neal
May 16th, 2012, 17:31
Ya mean like spiders? I really don't know but I don't think it is huge. When Smiles had the board it was about 150 and I took over it was 300+ and then the day I announced who I was it zipped up to 864. jinks and Smiles would probably know how to see but they are pouting. :crybaby:

joe552
May 16th, 2012, 17:35
sorry, I don't know what a spider is :dontknow:

but you wouldn't want too many of them I'm sure

anonone
May 16th, 2012, 17:46
Fuck wine, we can open a bottle of champagne! Ya think we will ever top 1000??!!

I tried that once on my 2nd trip to Thailand. Was sore for quite a while....
Never did get to top 1000 :sign5:

Congrats Neal. Well done, and yes I think the visitor numbers will continue to grow.

joe552
May 16th, 2012, 17:47
nice one, anonone - shows where your mind is. :sign5:

colmx
May 17th, 2012, 00:49
Strange that the board has so many visitors... And yet so few posters and views on threads

I never recall the board as quiet as it currently is...

I think that you may need to get a new programmer Neal... as your counters are definately broken! :blackeye: :blackeye:

Edit:
went to check the stats and of the 265 users and guests currently live on theoard at the moment... 90% are on theindex page... seems strange as the index page is not THAT interesting!

Neal
May 17th, 2012, 01:51
Elephantspike is still the programmer so there are new new techs that have not been here for 8 - 9 years. as far as some sitting on the index page, it is always possible that some people login and don't log out.

vnman
May 17th, 2012, 06:45
Buzz kill :tongue3:

lonelywombat
May 17th, 2012, 08:33
Strange that the board has so many visitors... And yet so few posters and views on threads

I think that you may need to get a new programmer Neal... as your counters are definately broken! :blackeye: :blackeye:

Edit:
went to check the stats and of the 265 users and guests currently live on theoard at the moment... 90% are on theindex page... seems strange as the index page is not THAT interesting!

A lot of people are now using the news thread or RSS feed. These summarize the news into a single sheet and they do not show up as individual visitors to a thread.

I know in many cases it became now possible to slide down the posts on one page, and so avoid the verbal bashings and the rubbish smart comments.

Go to the top of this forum above the yellow bar and you will see the connection.

I think that is where I would put any ads I was receiving