PDA

View Full Version : Bally's Studio Silom

vnman
May 15th, 2012, 18:15
I decided to book a room at the Bally's.

Type of Room : Superior Room / Twin or Double (2 persons)
Package Name : Early Bird Booking (Incl. Breakfast)
1550 p/n

I booked directly with them. Agoda had an offer in which they upgraded you automatically to a suite, but their prices are much higher. I didn't really see the value. Booking directly with Bally's also means that you don't have to pay in advance.

I know that in most places some rooms are better than others. Maybe someone who stayed there can give me some suggestion positive/negative about room numbers.

I'll use this trip to check out some apartments because I really think that that's the way to go in the future.

billy2bs
May 16th, 2012, 09:41
Well I had a room booked thru Agoda in march which was the same 1550 with breakfast. I believe the room was 507 directly off the elevator on same level as the coffee shop. I found the place to be perfect in that I had only a small walk back to my place. Everything is right there.The room was a bit small but ok.Quite clean with good buffet if you dont want a gourmet breakfast. I have also stayed at Bally's Sukkumvit which has a nice rooftop pool.bigger rooms nice ppl to serve you aND CHEAPER SINCE IT IS AWAY FOROM THE AREA.

I will return to both in the future easily. And no problem bringing back guests.

Billy

vnman
May 16th, 2012, 20:05
Thanks Billy,

The thing with Agoda is that you can't see the total price very easily because they add some extra fees. I think it's typical American to show prices that are not inclusive.

I'll keep that room number in mind. You haven't done anything naughty in that bed I hope?

May 16th, 2012, 20:52
Thanks Billy,

The thing with Agoda is that you can't see the total price very easily because they add some extra fees. I think it's typical American to show prices that are not inclusive.

Actually vnman I always am surprised when visiting countries outside of USA because they have a ++ and a 10% service charge and all that crap! I live in USA and I have never experienced that. Another thing that is annoying is that outside of the USA many places I have gone to charge a rate and say that it is in US Dollars. When the rate of exchange goes up on our behalf, they just keep the extra money! USA doesn't have a ++ and a 10% unless you may be talking about a service charge in a restaurant which again I have almost never run into.

vnman
May 16th, 2012, 21:18
True about that ++ thing, justme.

However, I remember that in the US everything in retail shops is priced without tax. At least, it was like that 10 years ago.

May 16th, 2012, 23:00
Oh yes, of course. I think same everywhere but we are talking hotels. Sure Vat and we call tax are never included in a sales price but this hotel stuff is for the shits! As I mentioned, they strip everything out to give you a deceiving picture. Then they add on VAT which is understandable and force you to pay a REQUIRED gratuity with any service or any small item you may purchase in the hotel, etc.
Also as mentioned before, when I am in Spain, England or Prague for that matter, what is this quoting in US dollars crap all about?
Rates should be in that countries denominations. If the dollar goes down, they just get to keep the extra exchange money. I just don't understand what that is all about. In USA when you get rates for hotels we don't quote England's pounds!