PDA

View Full Version : Private Investigator business in Thailand

thailuv
May 12th, 2012, 23:05
It has occasionally occurred to me over the years how successful a private investigator business might be in Thailand. Especially considering the number of farang who get swindled by long-trusted Thai wives, girlfriends and associates. Farang whose credit cards are cloned. Farangs who are blackmailed for cash. The business would of course serve all nationalities in Thailand (headquarters in Bangkok). The lackadaisical effort at investigations by the local police and their involvement in some of the scams makes me thing the environment is ripe for such a business. Of course this might make you a marked man but that comes with the territory.

However my concern would be rules requiring Thai ownership of certain % of business owned by farang.

DO you think there is a demand for this business? Do the % ownership rules apply to all types of businesses or are there exemptions.

Your thoughts.........................

christianpfc
May 12th, 2012, 23:18
There seems to be a demand for investigating your Thai partner's fidelity while you are away.

Just check out stickmanbangkok, he offers investigation services (in the bar area) and shared some stories. He points out that he only investigates girls (working in bars, massage), but not boys due to lack of familiarity with the area. Maybe there is a demand for bar boy investigations?

May 13th, 2012, 00:24
Apart from anything else, a good number of BKK and Pattaya queens are actively trying to avoid investigations, never mind instigating them.

:occasion9: