PDA

View Full Version : There is some nasty Guys out there......???

May 20th, 2006, 04:13
Looks like they have a lovely menu, and unique for Pattaya, as well as a considerable investment in a distinctive decor, plus entertainment. I wish them great success. It does seem to more of a tourist niche (likely mostly not gay) though, but there is nothing wrong with having a niche. Best of luck for great success in Jomtien!

Surfcrest
May 20th, 2006, 04:33
I heard yesterday that somebody was complaining about the loud music in the after noon at our Hut When the cats away the mice will play.

This was the first I have heard about it. My young staff has been given the rules and there is nothing I can do when I am not there.

I don't allow loud music anytime.

It seems that the person it was offending could have stopped by and told me rather than announcing it to the whole gay world.

But I understand that there are alot of people out there who love to try and destroy other gay people to make themselves feel better.

Nasty guys?
For complaining about the noise?
Sawatdee hardly qualifies as the whole gay world.

Funny how he thinks stopping by and telling him would be the logical choice when
in the same breath he says ,
"When the cats away the mice will play"
"there is nothing I can do when I am not there. "
"I don't allow loud music anytime"

If he isn't there, what sense would stopping by and telling him make?
If he doesn't allow loud music anytime, why would it be playing if he is there
to accept the complaint?

The long winded plug was something, but would have gone better with
"sorry about the music, we'll be more considerate next time"

Surfcrest

May 20th, 2006, 05:01
While an e-mail to the enchanted hut would have been better than this forum, the response from LMTU did more to turn me off to the place than the original complaint about music. How can he ask that people come to tell him about something when he admittedly is not there?

I wonder LMTU, and I'm not accusing, I am just wondering -- Is that the e-mail that the enchanted hut sent you un-edited, or did you intersperse some of your own comments?

May 20th, 2006, 06:38
My original posting about the Enchanted Hut said:

тАЬ Please turn down the volume of your music in the afternoon.
I go to Jomtien most weekends and I like to sit at Bondi having a sundowner beer or two but I cannot relax because I am usually blasted out of my reverie by the racket coming from your empty shop.
You don't open for business until 6.00pm so why do you need to treat the rest of Jomtien Complex to that cacophany for most of the afternoon?
A few weekends ago I was in the Internet shop next door to you and the noise was so extreme that the glass of water on my desk was vibrating across the table top.
I would have liked to tell you this in person but last few times I went in to ask someone politely to turn it down the shop was empty - yes, completely empty - but the music still blared on!

TURN IT DOWN тАУ PLEASE тАЭ

The enchanted owner said: тАЬIt seems that the person it was offending could have stopped by and told me rather than announcing it to the whole gay worldтАЭ

Read the last part of my message again: тАЬ I would have liked to tell you this in person but last few times I went in to ask someone politely to turn it down the shop was empty - yes, completely empty - but the music still blared on! тАЬ

If your enchanted hut was empty please explain how I could have тАЬstopped by and told youтАЭ?

The enchanted owner also said тАЬMy young staff has been given the rules and there is nothing I can do when I am not there. I don't allow loud music anytime. тАЬ

Can I reiterate the thoughts of other posters when I say that if you are not there, how can I tell you? Indeed, if nobody is there how can I tell anyone?

It was not my intention to тАЬtry and destroy other gay people to make myself feel better.тАЭ You may not understand but if people get disenchanted with your loud music then itтАЩs unlikely they will be your patrons. If, as you say you are тАЬ ..a perfectionist and I encourage our staff everyday to improveтАЭ then maybe you can encourage them to learn how to use the volume control and have some consideration for others.

May 20th, 2006, 11:15
The place's much-hyped decor looks like an explosion at Pier One.

May 20th, 2006, 12:59
DELETED

May 21st, 2006, 16:07
DELETED

May 21st, 2006, 16:15
They couldn't get seats at the French restaurant across the street?

May 21st, 2006, 16:24
I walked past here on Saturday evening. It was about half full. Not sure what that signifies?

Might you be slyly suggesting, people actually read this stuff?
Well, I've always known, reverse psychology works: I used to yell at my little brother, Ed, "Get away from me with that damn candy!" and he'd give me some.
Now; I say the same to all the boys...and it still works!

May 21st, 2006, 16:32
DELETED

May 23rd, 2006, 10:11
I walked past here on Saturday evening. It was about half full. Not sure what that signifies?50% of the seats were unoccupied? 50% of the guests hadn't yet turned up? 50% of the guests were still to turn up? The possibilities are endless (or at least half-endless?)

paulg
May 23rd, 2006, 10:26
When I visited there earlier in the year, most of the tables were glass topped tables seating 4.
each of the tables had a single person sitting at it. I think there was 3 on another table and a empty table seating 8
If another single had come in they would have had to use that large table and they would have had no room for any more

The tables might look beautiful but are impractical

BTW I had my order delivered by the cook as the waiters were dancing

I got a drink when they finished, which was after I finished my meal