PDA

View Full Version : Clothes shopping in a pattaya market?

January 10th, 2006, 22:10
I would like to do a bit of clothes shopping thai style when I next visit. Thai style means cheap cheap krap! Visited a market somewhere off sukhumvit, one evening a boy took me there, can't remember exactly where it was. Does anyone know the market locations / times? Just tshirts, shirts trousers etc. And some mobile phone carry wallets, sparkling keychains and other such tat for good measure.

dab69
January 11th, 2006, 00:04
jees where ISN'T there a market. Used to stay around there, maybe you mean around Sukumvit Soi 22 through Soi (5?), allover the sidewalks there, yeah T shirts n stuff, but I think the farther away from the sidewalk you go, the cheaper it is. Try the big market right by the alley of First House Hotel Soi 19 and be careful not to get lost

dab69
January 11th, 2006, 00:06
hours maybe 8 am to 7 pm most days

dab69
January 11th, 2006, 00:08
when someone says sukumvit, my brain immediately takes me to BKK, dunno the soi names much in pattaya

January 11th, 2006, 02:11
Thanks dabs

jvt22222
January 11th, 2006, 07:32
............. there is a hugh parking lot market each evenng at the Sukhimvit end of Soi Tepprasit. It is just behing the Outlet Mall that is right on the corner next to Lotus. Having been there several times, I would think that your description fits this market to a T.

Boxer
January 11th, 2006, 11:21
IF the clothes are for you and IF you are a larger size its a waste of time nothing fits. XXL at least if you find anything. Big C has a larger mans shop called Export and the Big John store lower floor are ok. Some of the Supermarkets do good offers large size but again go for XXL for large in Western world. Another market is at end of Soi Baukaow on Thursdays just by/opposite Tuc Com IT store South Pattaya Road.