PDA

View Full Version : Singapore - Queens Residence

donald1
May 7th, 2012, 18:41
I will be traveling to Thailand with a 2 day layover in Singapore. Never been there before and hotel costs are quite high.
I really only need my a room for sleeping and fun, so cost effective is best. Seems I can kill two birds with one stone
by staying here. Anyone with any experience of the place such as cleanliness of queen / king rooms, safety, valuable lockup,
noise etc; could you please let me know. Seems the location is close to Chinatown and I will be going to the Spa at least once/ twice.
The King room is going for $80. SNG.
Thank You

atri1666
May 7th, 2012, 23:01
I visited in april twice. I like the place. From airport easy to reach with MRT to Outram Park and take exit H >> walk straight ahead a few metres and you see the entrance. First sauna with elevator i ever visited. Some floors have only hotelrooms. I had a look for vip and suite room and i would take it for 2 or 3 days but very basic. I recommend to take care about your valuables. Its good to have Utopiacard and when you register for free with clear facepic and you can save lots of money. As resident you have sauna for free for 24h/day. Had lots of fun there for free.

bjbjboy
July 2nd, 2012, 09:20
I stayed there last October. I posted a review of it on another site:
Just a quick report on my stay at Queen Resort:
Reserved a Single room online, S$40 with a profile pic on their site.
Checked in at 230AM, assigned a room on 4th floor. The single rooms are windowless, a single bed with a clothes locker that you can lock if you bring your own padlock (which I did, based on some reviews online). There are 2 towels, and the bed had what looked to be clean sheets, and a pillow.
Not much else, otherwise bare.
There is a fan above the door that brings in cool air from the air-conditioned hall, though there is no A/C unit in the room. Still, it was pretty comfortable.
After putting my stuff away, I went down to the sauna and found about 10 guys hanging out; I was able to have some fun before going to bed... :)
The main problem is that you can hear EVERY door opening and closing, and movement from the hallway. But the price was right, compared to Fragrance hotels and Hotel 81s, that were mostly S$60-85++ for that Friday night. WIth my late arrival, it worked out great!