PDA

View Full Version : Photo Contest!

Neal
May 6th, 2012, 15:15
I know many of you have excellent photos or can take some.
I am announcing a photo contest. The photo MUST be your property and you must have taken the photo. The photo may be already taken or new.
The photo must be uploaded into the Sawatdee Gay Forum Gallery and must remain there but submitted to one of the Gay Thailand threads explicitly for that category.

There will be a vote on the best picture taken and the prizes will start at 3,000 baht for first prize in a category, 2,000 baht second prize and 1,000 baht honorable mention.

There will be three categories so there will be FOUR different first prizes etc.

Category one - Scenery anywhere in Thailand but without people
Category two - Thai people anywhere in Thailand - can be a family, friends or stangers posing, cooking, or doing something
Category three - Erotic Thai Boy - Can be clothed, swimwear or naked. If naked can be erotic but if so an artistic type pose and not just putting it out there.
category four - Thai meal - a picture of a Thai dish - food ready for eating and artistically displayed

Deadline: Photos must be uploaded by June 30, 2012 and then the voting will begin.
Good luck!

May 6th, 2012, 17:21
Just to clarify da boss......can you post multiple entries or are you asking for our "best shot" and one of each - I'm assuming that this is intended more as just a bit of fun rather than a serious photography competition and as my pics are all more drunken snaps rather than david Bailey masterpieces without that I'm screwed !!! lol So, one or many, what's you're preference ??

Neal
May 6th, 2012, 17:32
You can enter TWO for each category.

vnman
May 6th, 2012, 17:51
wow Bossman, bravo on this initiative.

I was thinking about buying a small digital camera for my next trip, you just talked me into it.

Are their going to be special threads in the gallery for each category?

joe552
May 6th, 2012, 18:38
what, no self-portraits? such a disappointment :dontknow:

seriously, Neal, a great idea - looking forward to some good pictures.

Neal
May 6th, 2012, 18:42
There are four threads so put one or two in each of the proper threads for entry. Please also remember the rules call for posting it in the gallery of Sawatdee!
By the way, the contest is open to Gay Button members who join Sawatdee also.

Thanks Joe. My father was a "master photographer" and I was sitting here trying to figure out what would be fun, entertaining, boost up the gallery etc. Many years ago I used to sponsor photogrqphic contests in the Long Island High Schools through the LI Photo Club. Unfortunately they never wanted to have a Sexy picture category and I never asked! :violent1:

thailuv
May 6th, 2012, 19:39
Guys please don't do a photo dump that will take years to go through even with the fastest internet. I think it should have been capped at 5 photos per category per entrant. Can already see folks posting tha same go go boi in a hundred poses :banghead:

Neal
May 6th, 2012, 21:50
Two per category

anonone
May 6th, 2012, 22:12
Guys please don't do a photo dump that will take years to go through even with the fastest internet. I think it should have been capped at 5 photos per category per entrant. Can already see folks posting tha same go go boi in a hundred poses :banghead:
depending on the gogo boy, that might not be a bad thing :sign5:

TravellerDave
May 6th, 2012, 22:43
What a great idea !. I'm in Pattaya shortly and will try to get good pics in all categories.

thailuv
May 7th, 2012, 00:18
What a great idea !. I'm in Pattaya shortly and will try to get good pics in all categories.

Your avatar is a sure winner in all my categories

Neal
May 7th, 2012, 01:30
I see photos coming in already. PLEASE REMEMBER that ALL photos that are uploaded to the GALLERY are held for approval and one of the moderators need to approve them before they will go live. Just send me a PM that you uploaded some pics. They should be approved within 48 hours to your personal album.

Thank you NIrish for your submissions.

RonanTheBarbarian
May 9th, 2012, 04:46
Some nice photos there.

Really liked DamienZ's black and white images from Cambodia.

joe552
May 10th, 2012, 03:00
have to say when I looked at DamienZ's photos titled early morning pool - I was expecting speedos - shows where my mind is

francois
May 10th, 2012, 23:12
How can I access this Photo Gallery?

joe552
May 11th, 2012, 01:01
click on Board Features at the top of the page - there's a drop down menu - click on galleries - simples (can't believe I'm giving IT advice on an internet forum, who'd of thunk it?).

francois
May 11th, 2012, 01:50
OK Joe; I did as you said, but then what? I did't see anything regarding the photo contest gallery?

joe552
May 11th, 2012, 02:04
there isn't a specific gallery for the competition yet, so you have to look at individual galleries, e.g. NIrish Guy. you can tell by the date which are the most recent.

francois
May 11th, 2012, 05:12
Thanks. The only gallery I saw was NIrishguy.

RonanTheBarbarian
May 11th, 2012, 05:56
I think it would be handy for this competition if DaBoss could create a special folder for it ...or even just for the finalists that people could vote on.

Neal
May 11th, 2012, 12:42
First I would like to apologize for not answering this sooner. Sophon Wireless came to "fix" my internet which was working 70% of the time and when they left, well everything was working except Sawatdee Forum! Now it is 3 days later and how many service calls I cannot count but I think they finally fixed it!!

Yes, I announced the photo competition and later realized that I cannot make one gallery for the photos unless I create a new user name and put them under that. So rather than going through all that bother, I have created threads. When the contest is near end we will ask those people to post them in a thread with a poll to get votes.

cameroncat
May 11th, 2012, 12:53
The problem with just looking at everyone's gallery is that you can't tell which pics each person wants to submit for each category.
We need to find a way to open up a special folder for each category

DaBoss - done

Neal
May 11th, 2012, 14:02
Well then we can just open up a big thread and ask everyone not to post dozens of pictures there. We can open three threads and one thread for each category. Will that help you all?

CHANGED

May 11th, 2012, 17:27
Well then we can just open up a big thread and ask everyone not to post dozens of pictures there. We can open three threads and one thread for each category. Will that help you all?

Yes that sounds like a better idea to save us all searching through all the galleries - and if you think I'm sitting uploading all mine AGAIN you've another thing coming !! lol - so, do the needful there boss for me if you'd been so kind and do whatever it is you do to pull them across or something "PLEASE" :-) thank you :-)

Neal
May 11th, 2012, 18:12
:crybaby: :crybaby:
I don't know how!
:crybaby: :crybaby:

When I set up the threads you need to try ok?

vnman
May 11th, 2012, 20:58
You "Digibeet." Go and translate that bossman.

I just Bought a Nikon Coolpix L26. Just to be sure, it has to be Thai ass (not vn) that I'm shooting correct?

vnman
May 11th, 2012, 21:04
To add to all of your ideas. if we make Three new threads (one for each topic) sticky. Each contender is allowed 1 post in each of these threads where he can post maximum 5 pictures.

There will also be three threads (one for each topic) sticky, in which people can make comments.

this will keep the photo thread chatter free and easy to follow.

Just some ideas

Neal
May 11th, 2012, 22:57
That is what I was trying to say. Was I that incoherent?

RonanTheBarbarian
May 12th, 2012, 02:08
Like the one on the right - the hut on the lake.

Where is it?

May 12th, 2012, 02:15
yeah I really like that one too and the hut - I always had the idea if I moved there that would be it, lake, hut, peace and quiet - and then I started to think - midges, no air con, not close to anything - bugger that lol

I think from memory it was several miles outside Phuket, on the big winding road up the main steep hill / mountain road as you go from the airport road to Phuket itself, I was on my own motorbike and spotted in and snapped it and it was sitting like a wee Oasis surrounded by road traffic and building sites all round it and I thought it looked lovely hence my stopping to take the pic.

vnman
May 12th, 2012, 05:49
Was I that incoherent?

U must have been because the chatter has already started in the pic threads. :dontknow:

:idea1: Each candidate 1 post in the threads and the chatter in a separate thread.

cameroncat
May 12th, 2012, 07:06
looks like if you don't have your pic at someplace like Flicker or Picassa, there is no way to insert them into a thread.

vnman
May 12th, 2012, 07:25
As i understand it, the pics have to be uploaded. That would mean no links, I guess.

But I understand what you mean. The pic would just show up as it were uploaded.

Neal
May 12th, 2012, 12:05
Well that I thought I had put in.
Please no chatter about the pics in those contest threads.

Neal
May 12th, 2012, 12:14
My humble apologies and I have fixed it. :notworthy:

vnman
May 12th, 2012, 16:27
Hahaha, you're not getting off that easy, the counts three...damn, at this rate I'm going to be drunk before I even ordered a drink :occasion9:

kjun12
May 12th, 2012, 18:39
OK. Someone help me. How do I upload a photo? :crazy:

vnman
May 12th, 2012, 19:24
Just click on 'post reply" the normal reply venster will open. then scroll down and on the left you will find "upload attachments"

kjun12
May 12th, 2012, 20:02
Mucho gracias mon ami.

klong
May 12th, 2012, 21:16
This sounds like a lot of fun. Can I use older photos from my visits?

May 12th, 2012, 22:57
This sounds like a lot of fun. Can I use older photos from my visits?

Yes you may.

francois
May 13th, 2012, 23:36
I have some photos to post but they are too large (3 MB) to upload to the gallery. Any easy way to resize them?

vnman
May 13th, 2012, 23:46
If you use windows than you can use "paint" and find the option "resize."

francois
May 14th, 2012, 08:13
I found a "tool" online which automatically re-sizes large attachments to more manageable size. Easy to use. Here is link: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

fountainhall
May 16th, 2012, 23:49
I've been using shrinkpictures.com for some time and it's great for a few photos. If you want to reduce the size of a large number, you need another programme.

As for uploading, I upload my pics to photobucket.com and then upload anywhere from there. I believe that should save bandwidth.

anonone
May 17th, 2012, 04:46
Gay Romeo has a link to a nice, free photo re-sizing program. The link is apparent when you go to their page to upload photos to your profile.

Very easy to re-size many pictures at once.

Some very good photos being posted to the contest threads. Talented photographers out there in SGT land....

psd1315
May 26th, 2012, 13:24
Sounds fun, will post a few of my pics soon.

Thanks,

psd1315
May 26th, 2012, 13:27
resizing scars me, but I'll try it.

ceejay
May 28th, 2012, 14:05
Try one of the Faststone products. They're free to use and very easy. If you're worried about losing your high res images, then copy the ones you want to re-size to a new folder and re-size the copies.

http://www.faststone.org/

fountainhall
May 28th, 2012, 19:40
I just realised my Category 3 photos may be ineligible. I had not read this thread before posting them - only the advice in the first post at the top of the Category 3 thread. That post has no mention of nationality. But this one specifically mentions "Thai". I have to own up to the fact that the guys in my photos are from Taiwan.

Neal
May 28th, 2012, 23:12
I am not sure that I will be disqualifying any of the photos unless someone in the contest objects and as Taiwan is still an Asian country ......... I won't fret unless someone else does. I think the contest is more for fun, enjoyment and to see beautiful photos. Thanks for you effort and your post.

christianpfc
May 29th, 2012, 01:06
You mean it scares you?

joe552
May 29th, 2012, 01:58
fountainhall, I absolutely support your right to post those pictures which are great. let's be a bit open about this, it is after all just for fun.

fountainhall
May 29th, 2012, 10:34
Thanks to DaBoss and Joe552. It is fun, and it's fun posting and seeing all the photos. I hope lots more members will put up lots more photos before the end-June deadline. And because it's for fun, I'd just like to add that should any of my photos win anything, I will ask daBoss to donate the prize to a Thai charity. No comments at all on that, please. Let's just enjoy the fun.

Neal
May 29th, 2012, 13:19
Just a quick for example. On one photo somewhere and I forget where, the person putting up the pic said oh and yes there are a few people in the bottom of the picture. Only slightly. The rule for that group was no people. sure we can be dickheads and say those heads we see in the bottom constitute people but.....really? It is up to the contestants and I hope everyone just has fun looking at pictures.

May 30th, 2012, 08:10
My I suggest that all contestants in this photo thingy, donate their winnings to PattayaStreetKids (http://pattayastreetkids.org/). :party

Especially now the new school season started, they are again looking for education sponsorships (http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/childrenneedingsponsors.html) (3000-3500 Baht per year) and donations (http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/howtosponsor.html) to help these slum children and families.

Here is their detailed old (http://psk.posterous.com/) and new (http://pattayakids.blogspot.co.uk/) blog.

Also read Pod's story (http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/Pod_update_may_2009.html) how it all began many many years ago.

Just a suggestion. Of course you are free to use the winnings for :alc: or for :sign12: ,
or just make some kids happy and give them a chance for a future. :wav:

They are very very gay friendly, but I guess most of you already heard of them throu The Venue or otherwise.

PS. I am in no way affliated with this charity, beside from sponsoring 3 kids education.

Neal
June 8th, 2012, 18:52
I know I said June 30th would be the last day for entries but I would like to know if anyone is planning trips to Thailand or people already here that may be planning on taking pictures to enter before the end of the month. Just seems like we hit a lull and if there are no more coming than maybe it might be a good idea to close it now ather thn waiting til the end of June. What do you guys think? :dontknow:

June 9th, 2012, 02:36
It does look like a lost .....

I have to be honrst, I expected a lot more.

But then I signed up to SDT and I guess that was the reason.

So, ONE forum member extra from G.B.T. where ever ?! :glasses7:

anybody else would like to be honest ???
:party

christianpfc
June 9th, 2012, 04:20
I am equally surprised about the small amount of photos posted. I will most probably participate, when I find time to go through the pictures of my holiday and select a few.

ceejay
June 9th, 2012, 13:10
Hi
Give me a few more days will you, please? I returned from Thailand a couple of weeks ago and I hope to go through my pics this weekend (or soon anyway)

Neal
June 9th, 2012, 19:11
No problem. We will leave it on until the end of June as scheduled.Take your time and enjoy.

Neal
June 17th, 2012, 14:39
Please remember that voting will start on July 1 to find winners in every category. Get your pictures in as soon as possible! Categories will be locked as of midnight Thailand time on June 30th.

Remember, you need to post your pictures also in your Gallery section which can be found in the features area of the forum. Then send us a PM so we know it is waiting to be approved. Then also post in the correct category of the threads, 1,2,3,or 4.
Thanks and again good luck!

Neal
June 17th, 2012, 19:15
Someone just PM'ed me to tell me that their pictured had not been approved in their gallery. Please! If you uploaded pictures to the gallery and you don't see them, PLEASE PM me so I can go to your gallery and pull them and approve.

christianpfc
June 18th, 2012, 01:46
I just submitted my set of pictures. I noticed fountainhall used photobucket, I did the same. I hope such minor technical details (the introduction says pictures have to be stored on the gallery) don't hinder participation.

The photo must be uploaded into the Sawatdee Gay Forum Gallery and must remain there but submitted to one of the Gay Thailand threads explicitly for that category.

Neal
June 25th, 2012, 13:25
On or about July 1st we will start the voting for the best pictures and prizes.
Voting POLLS will be set up here on the site to allow you to vote for your most favorite pictures in each of the categories. If a person has posted two or more you may vote for one of their pics or more and each pic will have a number edited in. after the voting which everyone will be able to see and will last TEN days, the losing pictures will be DELETED and only the winning photos in each category will remain. Voting will then commence for 10 days as to 1st prize, second prize and so forth. As these will be done in POLLS and only one vote per person per category, all the results will be fair and up to all of you!
Please log in and vote on or about JULY 1 and pick uyour favorites. Good luck to everyone and I thank you all for participating. Those who have not entered, you do have a few more days. Stop dilly dallying! :tongue3:

christianpfc
June 27th, 2012, 05:28
May I kindly suggest instead of deleting the losing pictures, transferring the winning pictures to a new thread for another round of voting?

Anyway, I don't get the two rounds of voting.

Neal
June 27th, 2012, 07:55
May I ask why you want the losing ones in another thread? They should have been posted in the Gallery for all to see.
As far as not understanding the two voting system, it is to get a handle on so many pictures and so many votes.

Neal
June 30th, 2012, 13:40
Now I remember why we needed two different votes on all and that is because the polling and voting is more than one poll can handle. what I mean is that each poll can only take 10 or 12 selections. Category 1 has 27 so 1 - 10 will be on 1 thread, 11 - 20 on another and the remainder on yet a third. Then you need to take the finalists from those pics in category one and have another vote just on those finalists. Same for category 2, 3 4 if needed.
I am going to start setting those up in a few short hours but please don't start voting just in case someone enters at the last minute.

I will now be going through all the entrie slowly and assigning numbers to the pictures.

vnman
July 1st, 2012, 04:19
My votes are in and I just voted for 1 pic in each category. I guess we don't have to vote 32 times if we don't want too.

Christian, got one of my votes and lost another because he cheated and put 3 pictures instead of 1. That vote no went to fountain :tongue3:

Boss, those ten new members that just registered are actually my friends using my computer. Somehow they all liked my pic so no fraud there, keep moving, nothing to see here. :occasion9:

Neal
July 1st, 2012, 09:29
I want you all to know that I have not voted yet and looking carefully at all these pictures, I am just shocked and have no idea on many of them how in the world I will decide on what one is more beautiful than the next. Great job.